Uh oh - bad weekend ahead.

Tomorrow is my Dad's Birthday so there is cake and Chinese takeaway involved, then on Sunday I'm going out for pancakes for Mother's Day, popcorn and sweets in the cinema and then pizza takeaway in the evening! Eek...

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,870 Member
    Your doomed. :p
  • katiejanecollins
    katiejanecollins Posts: 236 Member
    Your doomed. :p

Tell me about it!!! :s:p
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Tomorrow is my Dad's Birthday so there is cake and Chinese takeaway involved, then on Sunday I'm going out for pancakes for Mother's Day, popcorn and sweets in the cinema and then pizza takeaway in the evening! Eek...

Look for a steamed veg entree for the takeaway and enjoy your cake...cut a sensible piece and savor every bite as the treat it is.

Enjoy Mother's Day, choose your snacks at the cinema carefully (for some reason, I don't like to eat at the movies...I eat, I get thirsty, I drink, I have to pee...I hate getting up and leaving the film to use the restroom!) and then try to keep your pizza intake sensible.

You got this! Have a fun weekend, it sounds great!
  • katiejanecollins
    EWJLang wrote: »

Look for a steamed veg entree for the takeaway and enjoy your cake...cut a sensible piece and savor every bite as the treat it is.

Enjoy Mother's Day, choose your snacks at the cinema carefully (for some reason, I don't like to eat at the movies...I eat, I get thirsty, I drink, I have to pee...I hate getting up and leaving the film to use the restroom!) and then try to keep your pizza intake sensible.

Thanks!! I'm going to enjoy it as I I've been eating far better recently. One weekend of bad eating can't be catastrophic... I hope!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    It should all fit in you

Thanks!! I'm going to enjoy it as I I've been eating far better recently. One weekend of bad eating can't be catastrophic... I hope!

I beg to disagree. There's serious potential to gain 2 pounds there. And plenty of opportunities to make better choices (I don't eat at the movies either. As a matter of fact, I make it a point never to eat while watching something, as you don't enjoy your food as much that way and it's not as satisfying).

But again.. it's your choice.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Just make sure you workout each day. Have something like plain rice and chicken with veg from the Chinese. Just eat a small popcorn in the cinema, or share some. And make a salad to go with the pizza and have a couple of slices. Although looking at your profile pic I'm pretty sure one weekend of not so perfect eating won't make a huge difference!
  • gouldyftw
    gouldyftw Posts: 9 Member
    One or two days will not make a difference in the long run, in the same way that you wouldn't consider one or two days long enough for a diet.

It sounds like you've got a good excuse for a 'cheat day' (or two) use it! Just make sure you get back into your healthy routine on Monday :)
  • katiejanecollins
    Francl27 wrote: »
    It should all fit in you

I beg to disagree. There's serious potential to gain 2 pounds there. And plenty of opportunities to make better choices (I don't eat at the movies either. As a matter of fact, I make it a point never to eat while watching something, as you don't enjoy your food as much that way and it's not as satisfying).

But again.. it's your choice.

Yeah maybe - but I don't consider 'the potential to gain 2 pounds' catastrophic! I want to enjoy unhealthy food still now and then, I refuse to be strict all the time and miss out! :)
  • katiejanecollins
    Just make sure you workout each day. Have something like plain rice and chicken with veg from the Chinese. Just eat a small popcorn in the cinema, or share some. And make a salad to go with the pizza and have a couple of slices. Although looking at your profile pic I'm pretty sure one weekend of not so perfect eating won't make a huge difference!

I think I'd rather enjoy more pizza and skip the salad - as I rarely have it! Will go easy on the Chinese though, a small portion will be more than enough :)
  • katiejanecollins
    gouldyftw wrote: »
    One or two days will not make a difference in the long run, in the same way that you wouldn't consider one or two days long enough for a diet.

It sounds like you've got a good excuse for a 'cheat day' (or two) use it! Just make sure you get back into your healthy routine on Monday :)

I certainly will - it's set in my mind now... I can't not be healthy anymore! :p
  • DawnieB1977

I think I'd rather enjoy more pizza and skip the salad - as I rarely have it! Will go easy on the Chinese though, a small portion will be more than enough :)

Ok, fair enough. Definitely think of it as a cheat day, and move on! Back to normal Monday.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member

That's completely wrong. You can easily undo a week's deficit by making bad choices a couple days... especially when such high calorie food is involved.
  • DawnieB1977

That's completely wrong. You can easily undo a week's deficit by making bad choices a couple days... especially when such high calorie food is involved.

Have you seen her profile pic though? Do you honestly think she needs to be worried about one weekend?

I'm still losing weight so I would cut down if I had a similar weekend planned, but once I'm where I want to be, I don't think the occasional bad weekend is an issue, so long as it's not a regular thing.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member

I'd say you are both correct. It truly isn't that hard to undo a week's worth of deficit in a weekend. But, in the long run, one week without a deficit isn't likely to prevent weight loss in the long term.
  • rayneface
    rayneface Posts: 219 Member
    I had a mild heart attack thinking Mother's Day was this weekend.

If it was me I would make it work with what calories I was allowed, or if I am really working on staying on point just skip as much of the junk as possible.

Workout to earn more calories?

Promise it's not the end of the world :smile:
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member

A weekend can undo a week's deficit, but that isn't anything to worry about in the long run, I don't consider one week to be a long run. If this happened every weekend, it would be a problem.

• lizek316
    lizek316 Posts: 76 Member
    Moderation is the key here. Like others have said, try to eat as healthy as you can at the Chinese Restaurant. Have one or two slices of pizza. And make sure you workout those days.
    I have a similar situation on Sunday. My family and I are celebrating my birthday on Sunday. We are planning on Pizza for dinner but I INSISTED that we do something fun and physical. So we are going to this place that has bowling, billiards, skating, and arcade. So I'm hoping that I burn more calories doing those things than the pizza will be.
    One weekend shouldn't derail you unless you let it.
    You got this! :smiley:
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member

I'm sorry but you're sounding a bit crazy in this thread. Two pounds is eating an extra 7,000 calories over the weekend. That ain't going to happen in two celebratory meals unless you're a freak of nature.

Sure, you can easily undo a week's deficit over the weekend. But that's okay for celebrations that you enjoy. If you're too restrictive you'll just end up getting sick of it and regaining weight.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Oh honey, you'll be fine. Have fun!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    You look hot. Eat some pancakes and enjoy life.