Just for today 3/13/15

1. Drink my water
    2. Eat 1 veggie with every meal
    3. Stretch 30 minutes
    4. DO NOT CHEAT
  • mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I did not do this yesterday, and must be why I chose to go out to Mexican for dinner instead of eating my planned meal, so

Just for today, I will:
    1) Be patient and thankful
    2) Follow my meal plan
    3) Take the stairs at work
    4) Drink at least 90 oz of water

Just for today - follow the same :)
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hi! This thread has so much encouragement--thank you! And many good practical points, esp. to not throw in the towel for the whole day/week...just because you oops on a treat.
    I've been on MFP since December. Lost 25 and was in a real good routine but got discouraged and "fell off the wagon" mid February. Gained back a couple pounds in February/early March. Hmm-not going to use a frown face. Haven't been able to just jump back into things and stay motivated. So, I'm going to try this and see if it helps--I've got 20 to go! It would be sorta easy to just quit and say good enough, but I'd really like to "make it to the finish line" for real!!!

Just for today, I will:
    1. Log honestly and STICK TO MY CALORIE GOAL!! :)
    2. Drink at least 3 pints of water/clear "free" liquids (like tea)
    3. Get in my exercise--hopefully Zumba, which is FUN :)

Here are a couple thoughts which have helped me:
    1. When trying to pass up x,y,z yummy foods FOR NOW, I tell myself that is not the last sloppy Joe, or piece of pizza, or cookie on earth--there will be some later when I am in a better place. :) I can have some tomorrow perhaps as part of my allowed calories, or sometime after I lose the pounds.
    2. I have allowed myself treats. And for all of you who love chocolate, you should try switching to DARK! It is actually good for you. The sugar in milk chocolate always makes a person want to eat too much. But with the low sugar content, it is much easier to allot oneself one or two small squares and feel very satisfied! :):)
  • spittsdykstra
    spittsdykstra Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this thread. I will again make a plan and stick to it (meal plan). I have done this for the past two days. Also worked out every day. Walked 5 miles yesterday with trainer including intervals. Just came back from a work out. I FINALLY was able to get under 180 pounds! Been hovering in the low 180s for too long. For me, a failure to plan is a plan to fail.
  • Exquisitern
    Exquisitern Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Great goals everyone! Well, I had a pretty good day yesterday. I did eat back some of my exercise calories, but stayed under what MFP gave me. So it's all good.
    Thanks Ruby for the encouragement! It made me feel really good.
    Just for today
    1) Get in work out in am (did 30 minutes treadmill, 30 minutes stationary bike and 15 minutes on the elliptical- will be glad when it gets back nice outside
    2) Drink 6-8 glasses of water
    3) Stay under my 1200 calories- already planned for roasted chicken, green beans and sauteed yellow squash and onions for dinner
    4) Stay motivated and positive

Everyone keep posting those goals!! Good luck!!
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Just for today 3/12

Im making dinner tonight for a date, and our calorie needs are very different (me being a pretty sedentary and only 5'2, him being a very active and very large 6'5 man) So my goal is simply to stay within my calorie goal tonight lol. And hit my water goal for good measure.

I didn't hit my water goal, but I stayed under my calories!

Just for today 3/13
    Im doing the jumping jacks challenge from the A Challenge A Day group, so I need to find time to do a minute of jumping jacks!
  • apennock
    apennock Posts: 49 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Just for today:
    Only one slice of pizza at the work function (purpose is to welcome me and some others to our new unit so it would be rude to decline) :)
    At least 85 oz of water! :)
    Get to the gym and do some low impact cardio and some weights! :\

Well, I didn't get to the gym as planned last night, but I think my body needed a full rest day - didn't even go out for a lunch walk as my joints and muscles were feeling a bit sore. Felt a little guilty about it, but I stayed under my calorie limit and had a nice relaxing evening so I suppose it was all for the best.

Just for today:
    - Don't let one bad choice spiral into more and more bad choices!
    - Go out for the scheduled run tonight
    - Get a good night's sleep
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this thread. I will again make a plan and stick to it (meal plan). I have done this for the past two days. Also worked out every day. Walked 5 miles yesterday with trainer including intervals. Just came back from a work out. I FINALLY was able to get under 180 pounds! Been hovering in the low 180s for too long. For me, a failure to plan is a plan to fail.

Congrats!!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, 3/12
    1. log everything I eat :)
    2. No snacks at the Garden club meeting tonite :) They had girl scout cookies - but they were lemon cookies. So it was easy for me to resist!
    3. Get on the ellipitical for 30 minutes tonite since I can't get my walk in :) Was able to get a 3 mile walk in before the meeting!
    4. eat only planned nite time snacks!!! :\ Got hungry in the evening, and had a bowl of cheerios. It put me over the calories, but I felt more in control. So in a way, it was OK.

Just for today, 3/13
    1. log every bite
    2. plan my snacks - maybe cheerios instead of popcorn tonite
    3. Its raining out today, so 30 minutes on the ellipitical.
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for Today 3/12
    1. log :)
    2. gym for strength training :) I am pretty proud of making it to the gym since I had company last night.

Just for Today 3/13
    1. any loss is a good loss, accept it and move on
    2. log
    3. get to the gym for last strength training of the week

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Thursday:
    1. 12,000 steps :|
    2. Survive Zumba :D
    3. Make significant progress on home office projects :o

Friday:
    1. 12,000 steps
    2. Enjoy Cuban dance practica!
    3. Eat well
  • mytime6630
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ="susanmagoozan;31673415I FINALLY was able to get under 180 pounds! Been hovering in the low 180s for too long. For me, a failure to plan is a plan to fail.

Congrats on getting under 180! That is my goal this month - to get into the 180s!

I love your quote --

a failure to plan is a plan to fail.
  • mytime6630
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ="losingrae;31659949"] Wish my foot would hurry up and get better...

Rae, I hope your foot heals quickly!

I "attempted" to run last nite - I could only run a few minutes, but it really did feel good! I am always worried about my joints, being 64, but I think I may try running a little bit also!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Rae - THANK you so much for sharing this. I posted this again for anyone that may have missed it -- a Must read! We all get so down on ourselves, this reminds us to look at the positives, and feel good about ourselves, no matter what the scale says.

https://lifeisrozie.wordpress.com/2015/03/08/are-you-beautiful-i-asked-100-men-what-physical-beauty-is-and-the-results-shocked-me/
  • mytime6630
    Options
    “Every choice you make has an end result.” ~Zig Ziglar
  • kegofstout
    kegofstout Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Everyone :) yesterday was a success I got in my cardio, 80 oz water and I didn't eat a donut!! I did smell them though which made it harder haha. So just for today 3/13:
    1) 40 mins cardio (already got my run in)
    2) only 2 beers no exceptions this is hard on Fridays
    3) Google some weight training routines like Rae suggested, I need to build muscle
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    feistyjojo wrote: »
    Friday's goals:
    - big push at bootcamp ☺
    - stay UNDER net calorie goal. No excuses. About 10 calories over net. Fine by me.
    - reconnect with myself and really tune in to my stomach and true hunger levels ☺ beginning to get there.

Finally a day where I met my goals.
  • feistyjojo
    feistyjojo Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Saturday's goals:
    - tune into stomach & real hunger levels
    - sensible eating over dinner. Portion control rather than pigging out
    - savour every mouthful I choose to eat, esp if it's wine

Have my dad coming for dinner and wine so know I'll be over my limit. So Saturday is about damage limitation and making sure I really enjoy it
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,301 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    3/13
    1. Come back. :)
    2. Healthy food choices :)
    3. Workout - either Run OR bike ride :)
    4. Crochet time @ night :)

I will come back tonight to post for tomorrow!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Just for today (Friday March 13)
    1. Do 30 minutes of Zumba :smiley:
    2. Do 30 minutes on the treadmill :smiley:
    3. Be Very Careful at dinner (birthday party) :smiley:
    4. Make a plan for avoiding birthday cake :blush:
    5. Stick to 1200 calories :blush:

Had birthday cake and wine and still came in exactly at the right amount of calories (when exercise is added in), so I'm a happy camper!

Just for today ( Saturday March 14)
    1. Take lunch to work.
    2. Avoid as much work as possible
    3. Go for a long walk in afternoon