Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Options

Replies

• Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    taxmom9093 wrote: »
    I'm noticing so many of us struggle with the same all or nothing thinking. Me too. We did not get here with one extra snack. The problem is (or at least for me, and I think for some of you too) when I make that one poor choice, I give up and keep eating even more poor choices. I need to let myself enjoy my treat (planned or not) then climb right back up on the wagon and make better choices right away. This is the only way I can make any of this work for the rest of my life. One day at a time, one choice at a time, one tiny step at a time.

^^^ This! So true!
  • Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Great thread - glad to be joining!

Take first boot camp class in months - this is going to hurt...
    Record everything I eat
  • honey0141
    honey0141 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yesterday didn't meet goals. I was out for lunch and didn't track from there. Not dwelling on it. Out today too...try again. It's much easier when in a routine.
    Just for today. (At lunch)
    1.make good food choice.
    2 track
    3 going to pilates unless guy comes for car.
    Walk for 30 mins if he does.
  • spittsdykstra
    spittsdykstra Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just found this thread and feel it will be so helpful. Struggling to get under 180. Been close for weeks so why am I sabotaging myself... So, just for today. I will make a meal plan and stick to it. No wine. I have a meeting at church tonight to drive to so doubly important no wine. Thanks everyone!
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was good except, Still having a hard time getting my runs in. Sleep is not my friend this week.

Just for today I will:
    1. Drink 3 litres of water
    2. Stay within 1200 calories
    3. Run after work
    4. Be patient with life
  • sunnydee216
    sunnydee216 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was good, but still struggling to get the protein all in.

1.) Work on the protein, I have almond milk and veg. protein ready for when hunger strikes.
    2.) Make a wise choice at lunch today. Going out with a customer.
    3.) Find strength to keep from totally not eating everything bad today.
    4.) Be patient, I know the weight will come off. Have hit a plateau. grrrr
  • jabrams1955
    jabrams1955 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Well, it worked yesterday! Do this one day at a time!
    1) Log everything
    2) drink 6-8 glasses of water
    3) Do the best I can -- enjoy but limit calories at vendor dinner tonight.
  • starbucktigh
    starbucktigh Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Log everything!!
  • apennock
    apennock Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Had a subpar eating day yesterday. Had McDonald's for breakfast, pizza, candy...sigh.

Went for a run and had a light dinner so the calorie ramifications weren't horrible when I finally logged everything this morning, but I felt a lot of guilt about the crazy path I go down when I start eating simple carbs and junky stuff. I start craving more and more. The breakfast I get at McDonald's is similar in calories to the strawberries and oatmeal I'm having today, but the former leaves me hungry and craving more junk food. Something to think about. But not beat myself up over.

As for today:

Go for a walk at lunch
    Get a run in this evening - take my time and don't push anything too hard
    Eat the good food that is here at work and waiting for me at home instead of seeking out junk food!!!!
    Be kind to myself, and remember to take things day by day...
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    just for today Wednesday 3/11/15
    1.) do longer cardio after work tonight
    2.) try to recover from my cold and be kind to myself as I am struggling
    3.) Track all my food
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    apennock wrote: »
    The breakfast I get at McDonald's is similar in calories to the strawberries and oatmeal I'm having today, but the former leaves me hungry and craving more junk food.

This has been the biggest thing I have learned on my journey. Some foods make me really hungry! I have paid close attention to this and when I am tempted to eat these foods I remember that it will be the start of a downward cycle. Being actively aware of this as I make choices is the reason that I have been consistent and successful in my weight lose.
  • Doresoontobehealthy
    Doresoontobehealthy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Today I will avoid soda, I will eat the food I brought for lunch and I will have a healthy dinner tonight.
  • loriio
    loriio Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I will get in a great workout and drink at least 8 cups of water.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, 3/10
    1. exercise minimum 30 minutes :) Walked with hubby, so a much slower walk, but I at least got a walk in.
    2. 2 glasses of water with each meal :)
    3. log everything I eat :\
    4. Carry water with me in the evening to limit nite time snacking! My biggest downfall! :\ Nitetime is still my biggest problem. I can do so well all day, only to cave in the evening.

So Just for today, 3/11
    1. Sew or do something to keep my hands busy so I do not eat
    2. water water water
    3. walk minimum 45 minutes, or ellipitical
    4. log everything I eat
  • moniquebmi
    moniquebmi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Today I commit to:
    40 minutes at the gym - weight and treadmill session
    track everything and try to stick to the calorie count
    Take a moment to step back and enjoy life
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    losingrae wrote: »

Just for Today 3/10
    1. Log :)
    2. strength training: legs :)
    3. 30 minutes cardio :neutral_face: skipped the after work and counted the lunch walk as my cardio. I got 17K+ steps yesterday, so I think that it's acceptable.

Just for Today 3/11
    1. log
    2. cardio after work, rest day for strength.

I really want to be the supportive buddy on this thread, but some days it's hard just finding my previous post and getting the new goals posted. I will do better at fitting in time to actually read all the comments and be supportive. :)
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Just for today 3/11

With my office job I haven't been able to hit 10000 daily steps yet, but Ill at least aim for 5000 today!
  • Exquisitern
    Exquisitern Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I was able to make my goals yesterday!!! Woo-hoo!! Keep it up!
    We do our weigh in tomorrow, so I guess I will see what the results from the eating over the weekend did. But I think it will be ok.

Grandma Jackie: What are you crocheting? I just finished a large afghan with my neice's favorite colors and now I am working on a baby afghan for my adopted daughter's sisters for a baby girl due in July.

Well, my goals for today are: 3/11/15
    1) Get in another 30 minutes of stationary bike and 25 minutes of elliptical today. I already did 30 minutes on treadmill, 30 minutes of stationary bike and 25 minutes of elliptical this am.
    2) Stay in my 1200 calorie range
    3) Drink 6-8 glasses of water
    4) Work on my crochet this evening, sometimes I'm pooped and don't work on it.
    5) Stay motivated and positive.

Everyone, great work on posting your goals and achieving them. We all have good days and bad days! Don't beat yourself up over them. Log them and keep moving! Stay positive, your goals are attainable if you persevere!
  • losingrae
    losingrae Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Everyone, great work on posting your goals and achieving them. We all have good days and bad days! Don't beat yourself up over them. Log them and keep moving! Stay positive, your goals are attainable if you persevere!

Love this.
  • needtoloseforever
    needtoloseforever Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Met yesterday's goals however my plans for today changed at the last minute and have to go in to work today for just a couple hours. This completely threw me off my food plan for today and for some reason I wasn't motivated at all to plan my meals for the next couple days yesterday. I hope I find some motivation today.

1. Log everything I eat
    2. Stay within my calorie goal
    3. Make a food plan for the next couple of days and go shopping
    4. Drink at least 2 Litres of water
    5. At least 30 minutes on the bike