What is your weird motivations to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• TCO76
    TCO76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I want to walk up to each and every person who ridiculed me for being a fat kid and laugh hysterically in their face as I kick over their big gulp.
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    TCO76 wrote: »
    I want to walk up to each and every person who ridiculed me for being a fat kid and laugh hysterically in their face as I kick over their big gulp.

This reminds me of an old episode of "Two and a Half Men."

• bfrance
    bfrance Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I want to find someone who'd date me - and I think I can pull that off if I wasn't so overweight lololol

Same!
  • ButBurgersAreDelicious
    Options
    So I can look in the mirror and not grimace, or have my eyes leak the fluid of sadness. And to see my Fiance's face the day I walk towards him down the aisle in a gorgeous gown with a glowing, healthy body to match
  • KingofWisdom
    KingofWisdom Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I concur with cosplay! It's hard finding overweight characters with glasses. One of my favorite TV series is Detective Conan (known as Case Closed in USA) and I'd love to cosplay as Shinichi/Jimmy, but he is really thin (I guess I'd need to get contacts, though). I could pull off Super Mario, though, lol.
  • EasyBakeOven
    EasyBakeOven Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I want my SO to be able to carry me. Right now I feel way too heavy to be carried and would be freaked out if someone tried.
  • KingofWisdom
    KingofWisdom Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Also, I'm afraid to go to the doctor in this state. I know you can be relatively healthy while overweight, and I also know you can be relatively unhealthy while being skinny. Doesn't make me any less afraid to get my check up.
  • betsysjl
    betsysjl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Getting cramps when trying to navigate around the mammoth girth to reach and wipe back there when going to the bathroom.

This has been a big reason for me. So damn hard to stay clean. Its like gymnastics.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Just thought of one...only cause its not currently relevant seeing how I'm single and all...

I would like to be able to sit on my guys knee without having to put as much weight into my legs as possible to put as little weight on him as possible, while attempting to look "relaxed" out of fear of cutting off the circulation in his legs.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    LariMoore wrote: »
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Preparation for the zombie apocalypse.

Rule #1: Cardio

Same here :smiley: Sounds crazy, but as a huge fan of The Walking Dead, it has crossed my mind many times.

Nope, not crazy. At. All. You don't even really need to run...rememeber the 1st episode of the 2nd half of the 5th season? Everyone was just chgging along (at a relatively slow pace I might add) and they were still out distancing the walkers. I'd say stamina (which obviously comes with cardio) is the most important thing here.

• luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I imagine what I want to look like in a swimsuit
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    My Jabba the Hutt impression is a little to realistic. I want to be able to keep up with my 5 year old, late in life kid and not be the tired all the time mommy.
  • mmitri12
    mmitri12 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I want to go to WDW Halloween with my mom. Nuff said
  • kimreagan87
    kimreagan87 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping with losing weight I will be able to fit in normal size bras. The sexy bras usually only go up to a d cup
  • Metruis
    Metruis Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I love wearing skirts. I don't love wearing tights or leggings all summer to keep my thighs from chafing and bleeding. I would also really like to be able to see things like my collarbone and knuckles (which I can now see when my hand is neutral)

I don't give two craps about what anyone thinks when I head into the free weights section. I just outlift them and make them feel bad. :D Problem solved.

I also have cosplay goals that wouldn't look good on a chubby lady... not that it's stopped me before, but y'know. I'm embarrassed when I do a cosplay set with a friend and everyone wants to take a picture of her, but eesh, me, the fat short kiddo with a tall skinny awesome friend. (Of course, she has her own cosplay woos... dreadlocked characters are hard to find.)

I guess I'd also like to bring down my weight class for lifting...
  • whatsizbucket
    whatsizbucket Posts: 31 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Being diagnosed with diabetes at 16 or so... I lost 100 pounds in 2003-2004, but it didn't stick. I gained the weight back because I thought I was 'safe' eating eggs and bacon (6 slices a day), since hey... I had the metabolism, right?!?! My body said 'Screw that!' So I started that, and eating ice cream everyday... my ultimate downfall.

See how it didn't stick? I put my diabetes away back then. It needs to be a lifestyle change. It needs to be a concrete resolution. There can be no going back to the way things were... for me, and everyone here.

I'm here to tell you that damnit, you are worth the sacrifice, and every pound of sweat will make you stronger! Now if I only followed my own advice, and kicked my own *kitten*!
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Main reasons: 1) To prove people wrong. Like my co-workers who don't believe in CICO. And all those other idiots that comment on random internet articles who somehow think that there is something deeply wrong with fat people that requires therapy and if we don't get it, we'll never lose weight or keep it off. 2) to prove its possible. Both to myself and to others. 3) To finally make my outsides match the way I envision myself. 4) Apparently I have inspired people. And I want to be the kind of person they think I am (it helps keep me going). Secondary/weird reasons: 1) I would love to be able to be the obnoxious little sister that always raids her older sisters closet and steals her clothes. I've always been the biggest one, I've never been able to steal my sisters clothes. Which is a shame... Because she always has the best stuff! And now that I'm 36 years old I can finally be that obnoxious little sister! Or at least I will be able to in a few more months. 1.5) In connection with #1... To be able to lend clothes to my family when they come visit. You know.... Like a sweatshirt or something if they've forgotten something. 2) To never have to wonder if it's because of my weight or if it's just me (no matter what the circumstance). 3) To be able to enjoy shopping again. Even if it means going broke! 4) I want to climb that d@mn pyramid at Neptune Park! If my 76 year old uncle can do it.... I ought to be able to!
  • charcharrenee
    Options
    neaneacc wrote: »
    I wanna rock a nice two piece Victoria's Secret bathing suit and look good in it! Additionally, I kind of get a kick out of shaming the guys into lifting more weight at the gym. I can't help but smile when they stop to watch me really lift heavy and look jealous. Haha! LOL!

Relate!^^ I bought a swimsuit recently from the website and although it fits, I know it could look and fit a lot better. I actually have it hung up by my mirror in my room as a motivation/reminder of why the f I'm doing this!

I also just really want to be able to run without so much jiggling!
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I really want to do drag so I guess to most that a weird one. Not so weird I would love to go any store and be able to get any sort of cloths and fit instead of praying that they have a 3x or bigger
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    I really like my parachute and its container. If I let my weight creep back up to where it was when I joined MFP, I will have to get a larger canopy and a bigger rig to pack it in. Or, worse, rent again. (I'm short, so rentals don't fit very well. Pain and suffering when canopy opens.) :p

I also want to be able to squat and deadlift a me, and that will be a lot more attainable if I'm smaller. :)