Those last 15 pounds

Options

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,445 Member
    Options
    I walked this morning w/DH and our grandpuppy, Bean, for five miles then went off by myself for some more. Tomorrow will be a better weigh in than last week. I did have an issue with something in the cupboard yesterday, but it's all cleared up today. Salt gets me...I have to be careful.

It was beautiful here today. Tomorrow will be the same and I'll do it all over again!

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

Chris
  • light_bloom
    light_bloom Posts: 14 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    bgail2022 wrote: »
    I'm with you guys... bad week this week. I step on the scale tomorrow but I don't expect much change. I need to get back to food and exercise like week 1. That's my challenge this week... no soda :(, no snacking calories, and monitoring my other food intake (and logging it in the food diary). Big exams coming up so this makes it extra challenging.

Anyone have any REALLY quick/easy dinner ideas that are low calorie they want to share for this week? I don't have much time to spare this week to grocery shop or cook, so minimal ingredients, and little prep/cook time would be great.

I know what you mean, big calculus exam this week and definitely not looking forward to it. =/

My go-to for midterms dinner is campbells cream of chicken (the healthy request one) and like half a bag of frozen spinach or broccoli. Even if you dump in the entire spinach bag the meal itself is still less than 300kcals. And you can whip it up in the microwave in like 5 minutes.

Man, I should start a blog lol.
  • Level1Vegan
    Level1Vegan Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Oh blimey. Weigh in today and I'm pounds up.

I'm still doing Insanity but no weight loss.

I don't know what to do... Quit the exercise and focus on my goal of losing now 18 pounds.
    Lose the weight first and then tone up.

Or... stick with the exercise and Erm. .. be fit.
    But I'm fit anyway. ..I run.

oh jeez... I don't want to be a quitter but I'm building muscle and there's no change on the scales. It's really disheartening...
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose the last 10-15 pounds for over a year now. Have lost 47 pounds already and have kept them off. Feel free to add me.
  • jenr6482
    jenr6482 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Jemcad13 on the biggest loser they exercise and build muscles while eating healthy but you really don't see a diff right away. those muscles burn fat. Hang in there. Results don't happen overnight or even weeks but measure results over months and years.
  • sgjohnson92
    sgjohnson92 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Last week was terrible! But I'm back now and still plan on knocking off 15 pounds by the goal date!

I hope we still have many people here :smiley:
  • jenr6482
    Options
    I'm in it til the end! Some weeks are up some down but the key is to keep going. I had an awful week 2 weeks ago but I stuck with it, adjusted my eating habits, and this last weigh in was great!
  • superraachel
    superraachel Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Small loss this week, but a loss none the less!
  • christinehuds
    christinehuds Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    jemcad13 wrote: »
    Oh blimey. Weigh in today and I'm pounds up.

I'm still doing Insanity but no weight loss.

I don't know what to do... Quit the exercise and focus on my goal of losing now 18 pounds.
    Lose the weight first and then tone up.

Or... stick with the exercise and Erm. .. be fit.
    But I'm fit anyway. ..I run.

oh jeez... I don't want to be a quitter but I'm building muscle and there's no change on the scales. It's really disheartening...

I really, really love exercise (strength training, circuit training and cardio), but I did find it hard to slim down while exercising 5-6 days a week. My appetite was higher and I think I was building muscle. Either way, the scale wouldn't bulge. I was so frustrated. I also wasn't admittedly wasn't tracking my food carefully and I'm sure I was overeating. I was in denial though. Over the holidays, I'd put on about 5 pounds.

At the beginning of 2015, I had to take about 2.5 months off of exercise because of a running related injury. During my time off, I lost about 10 pounds. I found that my appetite was less and I tracked food VERY carefully and accurately. This was my first time in YEARS, taking time off of exercise. I was so surprised at how much weight I lost. And I haven't put it back on. As a result, I'm leaning towards getting down to my goal weight with LIGHT exercise, then once I'm there, I'll work on toning up and getting back up to my previous level of fitness.

In regards to your question over whether to focus on reaching your goal weight with diet only or diet and exercise, I'll say this.

If you choose to go the diet only route, be sure to track your food as CAREFULLY and meticulously as possible. Get a food scale if you don't already have one. Don't lie to yourself. If you log 1 tablespoon of something, don't have the 1 tablespoon, plus another bite here or there. Track exactly what you eat. Maintain a deficit. You'll lose weight. And once you get to your goal weight, you can focus on fitness and toning.

If you choose the diet & exercise route, I'd suggest a lighter exercise right now. It's possible to do build muscle and lose weight, but it's pretty hard and it can be frustrating to put in so much work and not see the scale move.

Also, I took a look at your diary. It looks like your daily goal is set to 1000 calories? That seems terribly low... try upping your calorie goal a bit. Changing your goals to lose .5 pounds a week vs. 1 pound a week makes a big difference. And if you eat back your exercise calories, make sure you are accurately tracking what you burn from exercise. A heart rate monitor is a good investment for knowing what you burn.
  • jenr6482
    Options
    Today is free ice cream cones at Dairy Queen . My family just stopped at Dairy Queen and I gave my free cone to my son. I want a flat stomach more than I want ice cream.
  • jenr6482
    Options
    Every little bit counts ! quote="superraachel;31704398"]Small loss this week, but a loss none the less![/quote]

• jessica_almodovar
    Options
    Hey guys!!! I am in the process of needing to lose those last 15 pounds as well. Would LOVE any and all extra support. Everybody, you're more than welcome to add me. Started my fitness journey exactly 18 weeks from today. Been focusing more on measurements than anything else. I'm 5'2 and currently 139 pounds. When I first began, I was about 150. Lost inches all over, seeing progress everyday. But looking to be 125 by June 1st!!! (:
  • sukkara
    sukkara Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful and exactly what I need!
    Can I join in?
    My goal is losing 10 lbs but 15 would be perfect. Good luck everyone.
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    The more (people), the merrier!
  • jenr6482
    Options
    Hey guys!!! I am in the process of needing to lose those last 15 pounds as well. Would LOVE any and all extra support. Everybody, you're more than welcome to add me. Started my fitness journey exactly 18 weeks from today. Been focusing more on measurements than anything else. I'm 5'2 and currently 139 pounds. When I first began, I was about 150. Lost inches all over, seeing progress everyday. But looking to be 125 by June 1st!!! (:

Welcome aboard . I wish I would have measured but skirts that were too tight now fit so that's my proof. MFP really works. I lost 20 lbs in 4 months. During the holidays I ate whatever whenever and gained 7 back. I'm back on track now. One of the keys is to log your food every day even if you go over. It makes you aware of food calories and what you need to do. You end up making better choices.
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,445 Member
    Options
    Today was a good day. I got 10.9 miles done which is 20,567 steps! We have beautiful weather and a bit of a breeze. It was nice! Also no trigger foods and my eating was right on.

Bit of a challenge yesterday. One of my co-worker's mother brought in birthday bbq for the entire bldg! The woman is a fabulous cook. There was all kinds of salads and meat. I only had a piece of her lemon cake which is the world's best. I worked it into my calorie allotment. I was okay with just that.

I hope everyone has a good Wednesday!

Chris
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    @cpanus‌ "I worked it into my calorie allotment. I was okay with just that."
    Great attitude.

This is a lifestyle, not a crash diet.
    You make it work for you.

great job on the walking.

Amanda
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Today is my weekly weigh in day.... Today 130.8. Lost .8 during the last 7 days and (3.6) since week 1. I know for me that I can't bank on 1.5 lbs a week but if I can keep up .8/1 lbs a week I WILL
    Reach my goal in June. That is ok with me. Slow and steady is how I took off 50
    Lbs and that is how I am gonna have to take off the last of it. 10.8 lbs to go to my ultimate goal.

Need to update the spreedsheet today, can't on my iPhone.

Thank you again for starting this group. I love reading everyone's posts!
  • jenr6482
    Options
    My doctor told me to lose my 30 lbs over 2 years . This way it is a lifestyle. There is nothing wrong with losing slowly. I say to you hip hip hurray !
  • jcast92
    jcast92 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I've lost an average of about half a pound a week. If I can keep this up... by my vacation time I'll be pretty closet to my goal. It's creeping up on me! :)