Options

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    LeenaGee wrote: »

I also ran an 90 day Report on your diary and all your Iron, Potassium, Calcium, vitamins etc etc etc are all dangerously low on a consistent basis.

But seriously, how do you do this?? I know how to run a report on my own diary, but can't for the life of me work out how to do it on someone else's, and I'm (normally) pretty damn clever.

You can use this.

https://www.designbyvh.com/myfitnesspal-export-data/#.VQiZRI7F-Sr

It only gives the following however - I have no idea how she even got the other info:

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Cholesterol Sodium Sugars Fibre

Yep, know about that one, but thanks :). I am seriously perplexed on how she got the others.

@LeeenaGee, care to enlighten us?
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options

I also ran an 90 day Report on your diary and all your Iron, Potassium, Calcium, vitamins etc etc etc are all dangerously low on a consistent basis.

But seriously, how do you do this?? I know how to run a report on my own diary, but can't for the life of me work out how to do it on someone else's, and I'm (normally) pretty damn clever.

You can use this.

It only gives the following however - I have no idea how she even got the other info:

Well, it amazes me that she could figure out how to see the micro nutrients and yet neglected to read my profile where it clearly states that I am not a young woman, and am 52.

It amazes me that she went after you like that at all. You deserve a public apology.
  • keziak1
    keziak1 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm minimal carbs, focusing mainly on vegetables, including sweet potatoes, as my main carb source daily and grains on workout days, but still find it hard to do my set base of 1600 calories. How do those of you doing 1200, not give up or kill someone because of hunger? Not judging, genuinely curious!

Intermittent fasting helps a lot.

• chesney0502
    chesney0502 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to do the same by staying within 1200 calories. I am successful during the week by planning all my meals on Sunday and writing them on a dry erase board stuck to my fridge. I have eliminated bread, pasta and potatoes like you, but have snuck in a couple of pretzels here and there. The weekend is where I fall off, but I am working on that. I feel pretty satisfied with the protein packed meals during the week.

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »

You can use this.

Well, it amazes me that she could figure out how to see the micro nutrients and yet neglected to read my profile where it clearly states that I am not a young woman, and am 52.

It amazes me that she went after you like that at all. You deserve a public apology.

It's okay, I think I'm flattered that she thought I was young? I also think my food choices are perfectly fine, and that her errors in deeming them to be not so are self-evident.

As for blaming my medical conditions on my diet? Again, what she said reflected more poorly on her than me.

I just can't figure out how she even saw potassium and all that, and it's intriguing me. Sara is right, that's something that's often not entered into the data base.

• Cazzy34
    Cazzy34 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Interesting thread! Bottom line is 1200 calories works for some and not for others.

Personally as another teeny tiny person, in order to lose weight (slowly might i add) I need to stick to 1200! I do try to zig zag my calories over the week so some days I'm on 800 and others on 1400. Over the week it works out at around 8400 calories.

Also intermittent fasting can help, or just having 2 meals a day. I find if i use these tactics i'm not as hungry on the 1200 cals. My maintenance is 1400 so its a lifelong thing for me really!
  • PeachyCarol
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Cazzy34 wrote: »
    Interesting thread! Bottom line is 1200 calories works for some and not for others.

Personally as another teeny tiny person, in order to lose weight (slowly might i add) I need to stick to 1200! I do try to zig zag my calories over the week so some days I'm on 800 and others on 1400. Over the week it works out at around 8400 calories.

Also intermittent fasting can help, or just having 2 meals a day. I find if i use these tactics i'm not as hungry on the 1200 cals. My maintenance is 1400 so its a lifelong thing for me really!

I'm curious for you and anyone doing either IF or zig-zagging. How do you set your calorie goals in your diary?

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

I'm curious for you and anyone doing either IF or zig-zagging. How do you set your calorie goals in your diary?

I save up for Saturdays (so, somewhat similar), but I set my calorie goal for the lowest amount and then have a 1 minute "cardio exercise" of the calories that I log for Saturday (that I call Saturday calories). You could do the same thing for both IF and zig-zagging.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

I used to do IF, i left the calories in my diary at maintenance, and just watched my weekly deficit. It just meant that sometimes my diary wouldn't post on the news feed as completed (when i was under 1200), which i don't care about anyway
  • brendak76
    brendak76 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I am a petite small boned female and mfp gives me 1210 calories to lose 1 pound a week. I have 7-10 Id like to lose. Here's what today is:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1 banana (250) black coffee

Lunch Salad with 4 oz chicken breasts, 75 grams white rice, no dressing, I use a little hot sauce. Orange (~300)

Snack tea with creamer (30) turkey meatballs (160)

Dinner black bean soup (~200) zucchini (~50)

I'll have about 200 left over for a snack before bed.

I drink tea and water during the day, black coffee in the morning.

No not everyone should do this but it is doable.

• PeachyCarol
    Options
    Thanks for answering. Food for thought. I've been considering giving it a go, because there are days that I'm just not hungry, and things could use a shake-up.
  • memedandy1
    memedandy1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't. My nutritionist told me that this is unhealthy, so I simply will not go back to 1200 calories period.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    i dont because it would be miserable
  • cubsterofthesea
    cubsterofthesea Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I swim for an hour and a half 4 days a week, which gives me an extra 900 calories on those days.....on the non exercise days I do find it quite hard....just a banana for breakfast and try to save the calories for the evening time when I am more hungry.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Thanks for answering. Food for thought. I've been considering giving it a go, because there are days that I'm just not hungry, and things could use a shake-up.

Definitely give it a try then. It's much easier doing low calories a few times a week, then it is everyday. With IF you always know what you cant have today, you can have tomorrow :D
  • lastusernameever
    lastusernameever Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to stick to 1200 calories per day - I am not finding it too difficult and have lost 10kg (22lbs) over 9 week. I pretty much don't snack between meals at all which makes it easier, but when I do I have a "bliss ball" or something minimal like that. Its the social outings which get a little tricky though!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I don't.
  • 4bettermenow
    4bettermenow Posts: 166 Member
    Options

I zig zag...some days I am 800 and some days 1200...very rarely am I over 1200. I have my calories goals set at 1100 with low carb, high protein, mid fat. Most days I don't hit the "end of the day" button on my meals. I just log what I eat and I know whether or not I have hit my calories for the day. Most of the time it becomes dependent on whether or not I am hungry. If I have eaten 850 for the day and I am not hungry, I don't eat anymore. I will say that if I eat 1200 every day for 7 days....I gain. Zigzagging, I tend to lose about 3 lbs a month.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »

You can use this.

It's okay, I think I'm flattered that she thought I was young? I also think my food choices are perfectly fine, and that her errors in deeming them to be not so are self-evident.

As for blaming my medical conditions on my diet? Again, what she said reflected more poorly on her than me.

I just can't figure out how she even saw potassium and all that, and it's intriguing me. Sara is right, that's something that's often not entered into the data base.

I'm impressed, mamapeach. Class act.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    My calories are 1450 for a 1 lb per week loss. I do this mostly through exercise as I would be starving!