How Many Fitness Friends Do You Really Need???

Options

Replies

• subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    47. The answer is 47.
  • subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I need precisely 74.7.

Incorrect. See above.

• girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    47. The answer is 47.

The answer is always 47 :)
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    No one has said 42?

OP - it is 42.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You are all so right! Who needs friends? For all of you who thought I was looking for a "True Companion", "Buddy-Buddy", you missed the boat! But that's alright, having you in my boat makes it just a little to hard to row. I know this will get a lot of negative feedback because that is what so many of you are good at doing. So, I will laugh it off and continue on my journey, alone, without any friends. Boo-hoo. Not likely, I will continue to move ahead with those who choose to care about my journey as they have the same struggle. I will try to inspire them to succeed and hopefully they will do the same for me.
    For those of you who asked "why do I care?"? I care because I understand the difficulty of trying to lose weight and the feeling that it will never happen or take forever to happen. I care about people in general, how they feel, I want everyone to be successful at what they are trying to achieve.
    So, for those who want to go it alone, go ahead, walk by yourself, I'm happy for you.

Lol at you implying that everyone who does not have the same outlook as you does not care or do not want people to succeed.

Assumptions and presumptions. You posts are littered with them.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    jazmin220 wrote: »
    I am guilty of accepting any requests for sure. Maybe I should stop or filter who I let be my friend. Every now and then I will delete some inactive profiles or friends.

i just recently i added a statement to my profile saying people needed to have (at least a somewhat) complete profile and send a message.

those that cant bother to send a message are an automatic no. had several of those lately :/ the profile im a little more flexible about but at least toss up SOME random picture. LOLOL

• laura3977
    laura3977 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    You are all so right! Who needs friends? For all of you who thought I was looking for a "True Companion", "Buddy-Buddy", you missed the boat! But that's alright, having you in my boat makes it just a little to hard to row. I know this will get a lot of negative feedback because that is what so many of you are good at doing. So, I will laugh it off and continue on my journey, alone, without any friends. Boo-hoo. Not likely, I will continue to move ahead with those who choose to care about my journey as they have the same struggle. I will try to inspire them to succeed and hopefully they will do the same for me.
    For those of you who asked "why do I care?"? I care because I understand the difficulty of trying to lose weight and the feeling that it will never happen or take forever to happen. I care about people in general, how they feel, I want everyone to be successful at what they are trying to achieve.
    So, for those who want to go it alone, go ahead, walk by yourself, I'm happy for you.

Why ask a question if you're just going to get upset at the answer?

Also, my new answer 1001 but unfortunately the limit on MFP is 1000 so I'll never be happy now.

1000?!?! I have quite a ways to go ... Must start now!!!
  • Nuccia2012
    Nuccia2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Motivation, dedication, commitment are all self-generated. However, inspiration can be gleaned from many of sources, and for me, it’s been hugely beneficial to get to know a small group of people that share my passion for fitness/personal improvement/whatever, as well as gain a few IRL friends in the process.

To echo the sentiments of others on this thread, while others may not be *needed*, per se, they definitely a welcome addition. if someone shoots me a message and an FR, I’m usually happy to oblige, as I find that time has a way of culling from my FR those people whose goals/lifestyle differ from mine enough that we don’t communicate.
  • mkdm291
    mkdm291 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else find it ironic that many people are taking the "who needs strangers as friends" belief, but yet they are carrying on a full blown panel discussion ... on a forum? with strangers?
  • ravenstar25
    ravenstar25 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    ALL OF THEM
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I don't need friends to HELP me lose weight... or to motivate me... I NEED friends to inspire me by allowing me to witness their struggles, and their victories over those struggles... for many... it is NOT just weight and fat that they are shedding...many are trying to lose some serious emotional shackles... it's an emotional journey away from what they once were... it's becoming what they WANT to be... and for me it is an Honour.. that they have agreed to let me into that space... I am constantly accepting and removing friends... for me... I can honor about 30 peoples' efforts consistently...
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I don't count 'em. *shrugs* However it works out is fine with me.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    bandbmc wrote: »
    Does anyone else find it ironic that many people are taking the "who needs strangers as friends" belief, but yet they are carrying on a full blown panel discussion ... on a forum? with strangers?

Why would it be ironic? Conversing with strangers and having strangers as friends are not the same.
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I have about 3 people on my list that I have gotten to know and like to hear from. Other than that, I usually never hear from anyone after they send me a FR. They just sit on my list. Which I think i'll go clean now.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

I'm not only friends with any some of these people!
  • CountryBabe75
    CountryBabe75 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    The number of friends any particular person needs is definitely up to that person. I personally like having less than 100 people. I feel sorry for those who feel they need no one, because they are missing out on some really good friendships, but we all use MFP differently. I interact with all my friends. I make an effort to comment on everything they post, because if they thought it was important enough to share, I should let them know I think it's important as well. A lot of "Friend Collectors" see MFP as Twitter. This isn't Twitter, it's a weight loss support website. If you aren't going to offer any support, then stay in the forums and don't have friends. Bottom line, do what works for you. It's your MFP page, make it yours. What anyone else thinks doesn't matter.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I don't know how many friends I have on here, I've never bothered to check. There are about a dozen on my list that I interact with a lot because they are just freaking awesome, have a similar sense of humor as me and it's fun. I generally delete those who don't log in for awhile, anyone who try's to sell me crap or who is a jerk gets removed. Life's to short to not have any fun, some of my friends make this fun as opposed to boring and I enjoy their company.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

I'm not friends with any of these people!

i sent you a FR for the hell of it. LOLOLOLOL :P
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

I'm not friends with any of these *kitten*!

i sent you a FR for the hell of it. LOLOLOLOL :P

Dang it!

I'm not only friends with any some of these people!