Options

Replies

• VictorinoDennis
    Options
    Bump tp read later
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    LOL! My goodness! This is just like different diet plans that people argue with one another for which one works best! This is the internet you are going to find info for both sides of the arguement! If you are looking for things that tell how diet soda is bad for you, you are going to find it and vise versa. Everytime I want to get on the message boards someone brings up a topic that you either agree of disagree. I thought this site was for support and motivation! Not debates! So good luck to everyone and go talk to a health care professional in person to find out what is correct!

I love it!!!! You are so truly right about that. You can find anything on the net. What I know are facts. When I lost my weight in college. I only had a soda once and a while. It really is not good for you. Stick with water. . . If I am craving a soda I will have flavored soda water. Just my thoughts on the subject.
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I am named after rapper Ice-T's wife Coco, cause she is short and curvy like me!!! I'm a little heavier than her so I added the Puff!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I still drink diet soda, maybe not as much as I did, but I won't ever give it up. I especially like it with alcohol in it ;-)
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    dont get me wrong, i think its amazing that yet another person has learnt the art to being able to copy text from a range of sources, and pasting them into one post on this forum

just a shame that the text copied appear to be from quie one sided sources

all your opening post will do is encourage people to glug down diet soda instead of water
    i guess you didnt read about the girl 2 years ago who corroded through her entire stomach wall with diet soda - ended up everything she was eating and drinking was leaking into her body and her liver ended up failing

lets see how many more people this happens to when they truely belive they too can drink as much diet soda as they wish with no side effects

I drank 5 to 6 pepsis a DAY for 17 years my tummy is fine! Can you link to that story. I bet you believe that if you drink soda and eat pop rocks at the same time your stomach will explode
    being in the UK, we dont have 'pop rocks'
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of overweight patients who tell me that they can't possibly switch from regular soft drink to diet soft drink because it will give them cancer and can't possibly see themselves cutting down or going without. I offer them the choice between proven cancer links associated with obesity and unproven cancer links theoretically associated with artificial sweeteners ;)
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I see a lot of overweight patients who tell me that they can't possibly switch from regular soft drink to diet soft drink because it will give them cancer and can't possibly see themselves cutting down or going without. I offer them the choice between proven cancer links associated with obesity and unproven cancer links theoretically associated with artificial sweeteners ;)
    *like*
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    dont get me wrong, i think its amazing that yet another person has learnt the art to being able to copy text from a range of sources, and pasting them into one post on this forum

all your opening post will do is encourage people to glug down diet soda instead of water
    i guess you didnt read about the girl 2 years ago who corroded through her entire stomach wall with diet soda - ended up everything she was eating and drinking was leaking into her body and her liver ended up failing

lets see how many more people this happens to when they truely belive they too can drink as much diet soda as they wish with no side effects

I drank 5 to 6 pepsis a DAY for 17 years my tummy is fine! Can you link to that story. I bet you believe that if you drink soda and eat pop rocks at the same time your stomach will explode

So I take it you dont have an actual news link your story about a girl having soda eat through her stomach? Thats ok lots of people believe urban legands and try to pass them off as fact,and that must be what it is because when I search for it I find nothing.
  • sandyw127
    sandyw127 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    :tongue:

So I take it you dont have an actual news link your story about a girl having soda eat through her stomach? Thats ok lots of people believe urban legands and try to pass them off as fact,and that must be what it is because when I search for it I find nothing.
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I LOVE coke zero.

I really do.
  • georgiagorwell
    Options
    Diet soda CAN make you fat.

The reason for this isn't fully investigated in your post. When you drink or eat anything with either sugar or a sugar substitute (including asparatame) your body will respond by releasing insulin. The purpose of insulin is to store fat hence why is it known as the "fatty hormone". If insulin is not released your body will not store fat. So although the diet soda may be ckal and fat free, you will store any fat you eat within the same 3 hours of drinking and you will not release and burn stored fat either.

I do love coke zero though :(
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I am named after rapper Ice-T's wife Coco, cause she is short and curvy like me!!! I'm a little heavier than her so I added the Puff!
    Didn't she get butt implants? I am only asking for scientific purposes.
  • georgiagorwell
    Options
    I heard that mountain dew kills your sperm...just a rumour I'm sure. We don't even have mountain dew in the UK.
  • Crooks0204
    Crooks0204 Posts: 189
    Options
    Wow..this post is so heated.....I had to drink TWO diet pepsi's while reading it. :tongue:
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options

She says she didn't, but when my Husband had kidney stones last year, I put Coco on his computer to get his mind off the pain. He then gave me the name Coco, I added the Puff. He loves curves, what can I say!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options

You guys are distracting me from feeding the alligator in my toilet pop rocks and coke!

Again, EVERYONE DIES. We are born to die.
    See The Lion King, You know, "The Circle of Life" and all that??

I think I'll have a Diet Orange Crush today.... And where does Diet Beer come into play??
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    How odd to be posting in the Food and Nutrition forum. That isn't like me. I have changed.

Nah, you're just bored of cat snot.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    I heard that mountain dew kills your sperm...just a rumour I'm sure. We don't even have mountain dew in the UK.

You guys have lived your whole lives without Mountain Dew??? OMG. That's wrong. :noway:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options

You guys have lived your whole lives without Mountain Dew??? OMG. That's wrong. :noway:

They have Ribena. They think it's good. Hahahahahahahahahahaha!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

She says she didn't, but when my Husband had kidney stones last year, I put Coco on his computer to get his mind off the pain. He then gave me the name Coco, I added the Puff. He loves curves, what can I say!
    He knows what he is talking about.