Diet soda is NOT evil

Options

Replies

• binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I heard that mountain dew kills your sperm...just a rumour I'm sure. We don't even have mountain dew in the UK.

You guys have lived your whole lives without Mountain Dew??? OMG. That's wrong. :noway:

They have Ribena. They think it's good. Hahahahahahahahahahaha!
    That sounds like a feminine product.
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    I may not be a Brit by birth but I can assure you not everyone who lives here thinks Ribena is even remotely tasty. Bleurg!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I heard that mountain dew kills your sperm...just a rumour I'm sure. We don't even have mountain dew in the UK.

You guys have lived your whole lives without Mountain Dew??? OMG. That's wrong. :noway:

It is blackcurrant flavoured. Maybe blackcurrant is what feminine products taste like.
  • binary_jester
    Options

It is blackcurrant flavoured. Maybe blackcurrant is what feminine products taste like.
    There's a whole new marketing angle.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    I cut pop out of my diet completely since December. The weight loss speaks for itself. My wife cut out Diet pepsi 3 years ago. She' lost 36 pounds.:happy:
  • Heather75
    Options
    I may not be a Brit by birth but I can assure you not everyone who lives here thinks Ribena is even remotely tasty. Bleurg!

I have to admit that the entire time I lived there, every single time I ate something purple I was disappointed to not taste grape.
  • binary_jester
    Options
    I cut pop out of my diet completely since December. The weight loss speaks for itself. My wife cut out Diet pepsi 3 years ago. She' lost 36 pounds.:happy:
    That's awesome!
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    all your opening post will do is encourage people to glug down diet soda instead of water\

It's TRUE! Last week he made me jump off a bridge. Lost 5 pounds swimming back though..
  • Heather75
    Options
    all your opening post will do is encourage people to glug down diet soda instead of water\

It's TRUE! Last week he made me jump off a bridge. Lost 5 pounds swimming back though..

NICE!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    EEEEK a human....Heather has a face. (she said it in her signature, ya'll, I'm not being mean. . . this time. . . )

/highjack #1,259
  • binary_jester
    Options

lolup.gif
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Have you actually tasted diet soda? I'm pretty sure that alone makes it evil.
    I'd have to agree with this. I find the taste as you drink it bad enough, the aftertaste it leaves is evil. I've no problem with other people drinking it but I'll stick to my normal cokes when I do drink soda.

Oh, and we do have Mountain Dew in the UK. We had it years ago when I was a kid but then they seemed to stop doing it. Recently we've been able to get it again though.
  • katberz
    katberz Posts: 123
    Options
    Wait, what? Diet soda makes you store fat? I was just watching Supersize v Superskinny last night and the severely underweight woman drank like 2 litres of diet soda a day..
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Wait, what? Diet soda makes you store fat? I was just watching Supersize v Superskinny last night and the severely underweight woman drank like 2 litres of diet soda a day..
    Ah but she seemed to be using it as a food substitute, she was only taking in something like 350 calories a day. Even if it does make you store fat nobody eating that little is going to be anything but stick thin.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I don't know if diet soda is to blame, but I have a can of Crisco that's barely been touched in over a year, so I guess I *DO* store fat!

However, my body fat percentage has dropped from about 30% to about 22% in the past five months.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    "eeewwww, I'll take a Crab juice"
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    "eeewwww, I'll take a Crab juice"

CRAB JUICE!!!!! i wish you luck my friend, and hope it's not the crabs that immediately came to my mind, because they'd take an awfully long time to juice.

i'll take the stomach rotting stuff anyday- full or no fat (although i LOVE diet coke, but with bourbon it's got to be a full fat job).
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options

Love it!! If diet soda is going to kill me it will need to get into line with heart disease and cancer that run in my family, and possible traffic accidents that may happen to me any day now, plane crashes cause I am going to travel as much as I can, possible shooting/knifing/etc, etc that could happen if I go out on the street or a mall or.....

oh and it has to get in line with OLD AGE!

I don't want to give up diet soda, no one can eliminate every chemical from their food unless they live in some biosphere someplace. I drink a ton of water on top of a couple "pops" a day. I've lost 32# since March 11th. Love it when people get their panties all in a twist!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    No. A can of diet soda shot them in an alley as we were leaving the theatre. That's why I'm so dark and brooding all the time.

smiley-char076.gif

LMFAO!!!!!:heart:
  • Changelessangel
    Options
    You're totally right!