Vixens~ Memorial Day Challenge (open group)

Options

Replies

• ehlderanna
    ehlderanna Posts: 24
    Options
    Couldn't wait till my Friday's weigh-in, cause as of today I am 229.7 which means I say goodbye to the 230's for good!

Congratulations! that is awesome!
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    So, I've shown about a 1lb loss each day for the last 3 days. I don't know if its because of TOM/ hormones, or if my matabolism finally kicked up from the 1/2 marathon on the 30th, or if its because I've been sick and basically living on saltines and water?
    Either way, my weigh in this morning was 194.4. If the weight stays off thru the end of the week, I'll readjust my goal for this challenge! :)
  • PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    Options
    Awesome Margie!!! Sorry you are not feeling well though.
    Licha, great job! I know what you mean, I call those my new decade every time I reach a new 10lb level. Kind of gives it some pizazz
    Raven... great job!
    Leela... glad to see you found your groove again! Way to go!

147.4 this morning for me.
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Thanks Pam! I'm on my way to the gym now after the little one gets of to school. It's time for Zumba! It's the highlight of my week!
  • margie_77
    Options
    Leela, I wish that Zumba wasn't so popular out here. Every class is packed!! I tried it once. Picked a nice little spot in the back corner, but people kept coming in throughout the class and by the end, I was stuck to the wall! hahaha
    Have fun.
  • PamDW
    Options
    145.8, of course it probably helps that I wasnt feeling so good yesterday, so I didnt eat a whole lot.
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Leela, I wish that Zumba wasn't so popular out here. Every class is packed!! I tried it once. Picked a nice little spot in the back corner, but people kept coming in throughout the class and by the end, I was stuck to the wall! hahaha
    Have fun.

Some of the classes are like that too. Luckily, I don't mind standing in the front, right next to the instructor. its always room in the front because people don't want to risk looking silly. So they try to blend in in the middle and that's where its most crowded. I dont like the lack of ventilation and circulation because there are so many bodies in the class. We do have a fan and keep the doors open, but it doesn't help much. Esp in the front, I can't feel the fans. I was dripping sweat yesterday. Luckily I wore my zumba tank. When I mentioned the conditions to my husband, we went to walmart and bought me some more tanks.
    We are thinking of doing zumba outside down by the lake. hopefully first thing in the morning, it won't be too hot. the fresh air will be nice and we will have more room to spread out.

It's back to zumba tonight. Sorry for the ramble/rant!
  • margie_77
    Options
    Wow, Zumba down by the lake first thing in the morning.... That sounds incredible! What a great way to start the day!
  • margie_77
    Options
    Wow, Zumba down by the lake first thing in the morning.... That sounds incredible! What a great way to start the day!
  • melusinagr
    melusinagr Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Everyone is starting out so well, y'all are totally motivating me! =) If I could lose my TOM bloat, which seems to be lasting forever this month. Grrr.
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Went to zumba again last night and those endorphins really kicked in. I feel great today, I'm ready to carry this momentum into Sunday's weigh in and beyond. 17 days until Memorial Day. I can't believe how fast its going!
  • PamDW
    Options
    Great picture Leela! You can see the weightloss!
  • bluemartini6
    Options
    This mornings weigh in 133 - lost 1 pound! I stalled for quite awhile, but maybe i'm back. we'll see, from this point on i'm trying to watch what i eat with out counting every calorie (it was driving me crazy but it did work).

now i need some motivation to trim down my stomach - i'm starting to look skinny fat - losing inches everywhere except my tummy :( Anyone up for a crunches challenge or have other tummy targeting sugggestions?
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    Great picture Leela! You can see the weightloss!

Thanks Pam! I still cringe a little looking at my new profile pic. But it is leaps and bounds from where I was! Weighing in on Monday, praying for a loss!
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    nothing yet, waiting patiently.:bigsmile:
  • margie_77
    Options
    I'll be updating the sheet tomorrow morning! :) I've already met my goal, so I'm going to adjust it, I just don't know how much.
    Everyone's doing great so far, push through it! Summer's too close to mess around! hahahaha
  • PamDW
    Options
    145!
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Lost a pound down to 198.0 this morning! Wow i have now lost 38 total !
  • TeamLeela
    Options
    today's weight:

down 2.2
  • margie_77
    Options
    Hi :) we had a bit of a computer problem here, and office hasn't been re-installed yet. I will update the sheet as soon as I can :)