What's your favorite breed of dog?

Options

Replies

• MsTiff1981
    MsTiff1981 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Both of mine are from the animal shelter. One is a mixed up doxie/cocker spaniel and the other is a Jack Russel. That being said I don't think there is a dog that I wouldn't like but maybe my favorite would be the corgi. I had corgi/terrier mix and he was by far the most entertaining dog I have had.
  • glwage
    glwage Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    It's a dead heat between the Beagle and Australian Shepherd
  • raisealittlehell
    raisealittlehell Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Great Dane, Australian Shepherd. Can't have a dog at the current moment, but cannot wait until I can. I had one from second grade until my senior year of college (golden retriever the fur!!) and miss having a dog.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to golden retrievers. Had one growing up and have never met an aggressive one! I also like the goofy look on their faces. Other favorites are samoyeds, newfoundlands, and pugs.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    Samoyeds are GOAT.

Honorable mentions: German Shepards, Huskies, Labs.
    As long as the dog's back is knee-height or higher, I'll like it.
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    <===== My neapolitan mastiff, Harlie! And also my lab, Ranger. Ranger was the BEST dog ever and was so sad when he had to put him down.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Love Great Danes, other than their short lifespans. We have a 6 year old female currently, kind of a rescue (long story). She's a little annoying sometimes because she has a very strong prey drive (loves to chase anything that moves when we're outside)--caused by improper socialization by her previous owner. Inside the house Sequoia is an absolute cuddler/lovebug--she thinks she's a lap dog!
  • gamamunoz805
    gamamunoz805 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Lisa1971 wrote: »
    My favs are a pit bull, cocker spaniel, Great Dane, and German shorthaired pointer. I love each and every one of those for various reasons. My pitbull Ruby loves my kids beyond belief, my Great Danes from the past would protect their family to the end, my parents cocker spaniel is beyond loyal, and my German shorthaired pointer was an amazing companion as well as protector to the end. We will miss our old girl forever.

So tell me your fav breed go dog and why. Love the dog stories!:drinker: :flowerforyou: :heart:
    711 HOT DOG
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Labradors all the way. Mine is such a sweetheart, I can't imagine life without him. I really don't like small dogs (too yappy!)
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    English bulldogs. I love them as puppies, too with all their little rolls.
  • Tupeloblossom
    Tupeloblossom Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Love my lab but one day I would like a great dane. My daughter had one and it was so sweet and loveable.
  • serenity1097
    serenity1097 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Boxers all the way <3
  • JokerAndThief
    Options
    Huskies are the cutest ^-^
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Bull Terriers! (like the Target store dog) We have a mini and she is such a goofball. She has honestly brought so much joy to our lives. She's stubborn as hell but she loves intensely and she's very protective of the household. Perfect little companion.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Australia Shepherd.... absolute best dogs ever!
  • freefallebby
    freefallebby Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Corgi and Doxie, what can I say? I've got a thing for stumpy legs.
  • RNGRZulu
    RNGRZulu Posts: 3,964 Member
    Options
    Boxers all the way <3

Agreed

knt1rj1rbhk5.jpg

• commanderval
    commanderval Posts: 187 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Definitely the German Shepherd is my number one fave. But all dogs are awesome! Am I the only one who gets super excited when the Westminster dog show comes on TV? I LOVE IT!
  • jmac4263
    jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My husky Milli!!vf3qx9uervyz.jpg
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    vizsla.jpg

I love Vizslas! So much energy, best dogs for upland hunting, bar none.