Replies

• 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Kalici wrote: »
    530roman wrote: »
    to
    Another thread taken over by menopausal or menstruating women. This place sucks

Bwahahaha! This thread didnt take long to turn into one big *kitten* cat fight lol.

Two guys have an argument and it is an argument. Two women have argument and it is a cat fight. It is exactly this type of rubbish that perpetuates the stereotype in the first place.

The only stereotype I apply here is the stereotypical woman that claims stereotyping every time they perceive something to have a sexist connotation. Have you ever even seen cats fight? That *kitten* is brutal. Please unwind your drawls...

The phrase "cat fight" is never used to describe an argument between two men and everyone knows it. Pretending otherwise is wasting both my time and yours.

Isn't that why you're here???
  • MynameisJerryB
    MynameisJerryB Posts: 168 Member
    I'm just going to sit back with my popcorn and enjoy the show. This is about to get good..... :D
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Wait...so you are telling me that people lie and misrepresent themselves on the internet? GTFO.

s5s0rbep6r4v.jpg

• Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    I quoted the people I was responding to directly so I don't understand the apparent confusion there. Regardless, the point I'm making is simply this:

My contribution to the discussion thus far has been (I believe) calm, reasonable and rational. In response I've been indirectly accused of either being on my period or participating in a "cat fight" since I am a member of the subset "women". Neither of these comments would have been made were the participants male, which is the very essence of sexism; the dismissal of an opinion based not on its own merit but on the gender of the one expressing it. These things are not my opinion, they are demonstrable facts easily verified by anyone reading the thread so far.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    I'm just so in this thread...
  • 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    I quoted the people I was responding to directly so I don't understand the apparent confusion there. Regardless, the point I'm making is simply this:

My contribution to the discussion thus far has been (I believe) calm, reasonable and rational. In response I've been indirectly accused of either being on my period or participating in a "cat fight" since I am a member of the subset "women". Neither of these comments would have been made were the participants male, which is the very essence of sexism; the dismissal of an opinion based not on its own merit but on the gender of the one expressing it. These things are not my opinion, they are demonstrable facts easily verified by anyone reading the thread so far.

Emphasis on 'bro' so that you can feel equal

50685442.jpg
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    BFDeal wrote: »
    I do! I do!
    How YOU doin'??!!??

Waiting for you baby. <3
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Sinistrous wrote: »
    I could name a few of each gender, but honestly, it's none of my business what they do.

I second this. There are plenty of individuals here who are cheating on their spouse with a MFP user. Both physical and emotional cheating.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    firemama28 wrote: »
    I guess I think like a male ??? Lol women's hormones are very different from men's ....please research ::::not being mean
    Five or more of the following symptoms must be present to diagnose PMDD, including one mood-related symptom:

No interest in daily activities and relationships
    Fatigue or low energy
    Feeling of sadness or hopelessness, possible suicidal thoughts
    Feelings of tension or anxiety
    Feeling out of control
    Food cravings or binge eating
    Mood swings with periods of crying
    Panic attacks

i know what happens to a women during her mensuration and how varying it can be thanks

you are still using it as an excuse to belittle womens pretty damn valid feelings and its disgusting
  • salembambi

clpgb7zjeefg.jpg
  • salembambi
    I guess I think like a male ??? Lol women's hormones are very different from men's ....please research ::::not being mean
    Five or more of the following symptoms must be present to diagnose PMDD, including one mood-related symptom:

Fatigue or low energy
    Feeling out of control
    Panic attacks

You did belittle women by route of their periods. Whether or not the hormones are different has no bearing on that. You also listed an extreme of that as if it were common. You then claimed special snowflake status as a reason for doing it. You're not like other women, you think like a man so yes, claiming all the other women are in for reasons of butthurt and not real reasons or feelings was completely legit.

(*) (*)

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    salembambi wrote: »

Fatigue or low energy
    Feeling out of control
    Panic attacks

i know what happens to a women during her mensuration and how varying it can be thanks

you are still using it as an excuse to belittle womens pretty damn valid feelings and its disgusting

Not to mention the fact that she's pretty much saying only women experience the symptoms listed above, as if no man can have panic attacks or suicidal thoughts. *eyeroll*
  • salembambi
    to

Bwahahaha! This thread didnt take long to turn into one big *kitten* cat fight lol.

Two guys have an argument and it is an argument. Two women have argument and it is a cat fight. It is exactly this type of rubbish that perpetuates the stereotype in the first place.

Ahhhh so on point

• LiquidSparkle86
    LiquidSparkle86 Posts: 736 Member
    Sooo at what point did a thread about cheating become a feminist activist thread?!? Oh probably when i used the term "cat fight". At least i took the heat off "curvaceous" for a while! ;)
  • Bill8855
    Bill8855 Posts: 4,267 Member
    Leanne Rymes, Jude Law, Brad Pitt, Tiger Woods, Mutt Lange,Elizabeth Taylor,Dennis Quaid,Bill Clinton,John Edwards, Meg Ryan,Johnny Carson,Katherine McFee,Kristen Stewart(long term boyfriend),Robin Williams,Robert Kennedy Jr., Lance Armstrong. To name a few. And those are focus people so they are role models. :p
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Sooo at what point did a thread about cheating become a feminist activist thread?!? Oh probably when i used the term "cat fight". At least i took the heat off "curvaceous" for a while! ;)
    Men are the only species who cheat...duh
  • LiquidSparkle86
    LiquidSparkle86 Posts: 736 Member
    _John_ wrote: »
    Men are the only species who cheat...duh

Apparently i missed that memo. Lol
  • moogplayer
    moogplayer Posts: 542 Member
    Late to this thread. Thought it would be more comedy :\