What is your favorite running shoe?

Options

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I wear Saucony guide 7.

They're a good, mid-range motion control shoe. For someone that needs a neutral or cushioned shoe, not so good.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    find a new coach.

everyone and i do mean EVERYONE likes something different.

I HATED the nikes i got. they literally made my feet BURN.

i love the adidas i got the next day. i wear them ALL the time!

you really NEED to go to a running store, ask if they have any new coach recommendations, and let them analyze your for a shoe.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    I wear Saucony guide 7. They work great for me, but I have very limited knowledge of distance running, so for all I know, they might be junk ^_^
    I like them, I run in those. I tried the Guide 8s and liked them too. Since the 8s are out, you can get the 7s for cheap online FYI
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I wear Saucony guide 7.

They're a good, mid-range motion control shoe. For someone that needs a neutral or cushioned shoe, not so good.

Cool. I think that is me. I used an online tool to pick them out. They weren't their number one recommendation, but Amazon had this crazy deal on them, and I figured to save a hundred bucks, a top five pick seemed close enough.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I love my Merrill's. I can't even remember what the current iteration is called (I'm onto my 3rd pair and they're always changing the name/messing with the details) but they're the minimalist ones. But as everyone else says, we're all different and you really have to find what works for you.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    I wear Saucony guide 7.

Cool. I think that is me. I used an online tool to pick them out. They weren't their number one recommendation, but Amazon had this crazy deal on them, and I figured to save a hundred bucks, a top five pick seemed close enough.

I dont suggest picking a shoe out from online. Its best to go get fit for them.

Other shoes in the same class as Saucony Guide 7 (this is from memory and i know ill miss some brands )
    Karhu Strong5
    Newton Kismet
    Brooks Adrenaline
    Asics GT2000

I've run in all 5 shoes. I despised the Asics because they cause me pain and had I gone the route you did and picked a shoe online, I probably wouldve stopped running due to that pain. The Asics GT2000 are one of the most popular shoe.

You also picked a stability shoe. You might not need a stability shoe, a neutral shoe could work just fine. Or maybe you need extra support that the Asics GT3000 offers but its only available at running stores (like Fleet Feet).

I never suggest buying shoes online til after youve been fit at a store. You may have gotten lucky with the Guides...
  • kpw818
    kpw818 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've been running in Saucony Guide 7 for over a year. Tried minimalist shoes with no luck at one point, but they work for some. The guide 7's have been great for me, as I need some stability.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My top 10:

1. Hoka Clifftons
    2. Hoka bondi 3
    3. saucony kinvara 4
    4. brooks green silence (discontinued)
    5. brooks pure connect
    6. brooks ghost (s)
    7. brooks ravenna 4
    8. asics gel equation
    9. asics 2000
    10. asics 2160 (discontinued)

I run in all. My foot is pretty universal. Rarely have shoe issues.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I have 12 pairs, 8 for road, 4 for trails. Most are zero drop minimalist and a couple 4 mm drop, which the most I can handle.
    I have 4 from New Balance: MR00, MR00v2, Hi-Rez and MT1010.

I have 4 from Merrell: Road Glove, Road Glove 2, Trail Glove and Bare Access 3.

I have 2 from Inov8: Bare -X 150 and Race Ultra 270.

Also have the Altra Samson and the Montrail Fluid - Flex.
  • gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, this is very individual subject. What works for one person, is terrible for someone else. Some people feel great in a wide range of shoes....some only find a few that they are looking with.

I'm one of those still looking. I started with Brooks Ghost 6's. I absolutely loved those shoes. I still had my best long runs, fastest sustained pace and most of the PR's times in those shoes.

But I also got a bad case of post tib tendonitis and was told I really needed a support shoe. Since they I've had the Brooks Adrenaline (too bulky) and Asics Kayano 20 (fairly decent) and a pair of Mizuno Wave Riders (tried to sneak back to neutral and immediately flared up.)

Gotten recommendations at the running store from everything from Hokas to Newtons to Saucony Hurricanes.

But my next pair will be from a place that has a 30-60 return policy. I've spent too much money chasing my running shoe unicorn.

• jesoverley
    jesoverley Posts: 25 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Newtons. GREAT to help keep you a mid-foot striker.

I would say going to a good running store and getting fitted is the smartest thing to do.

But seriously, Newtons are amazing. I will never run a marathon in another shoe again.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    The ones I had fitted at a local running store. I go and have them watch me run every time. Sometimes it's a Brooks shoe or a Mizuno. Go support your local running store,, please!
  • Misslillian123
    Misslillian123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Nike - they fit my feet the best :)
    -
  • Woodspoon
    Woodspoon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I love the Nike Pegasus 31. I feel like I'm running on air

This
    Got myself a pair personalised from the Nike iD online store, love them, going to get another pair soon.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I was fit for Brooks Ghost 6 and loved them. After they died I went back and they had me try the Ghost 7 (I liked them) and Adidas Supernova Glide 6 which I liked a tiny bit more than the Brooks so I went with those. Trained for and ran my first half marathon in them and they were excellent. No problems at all.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Love Saucony... get yourself fitted at a shoe store and find what you like and what they recommend. If you aren't going to spend a lot let them know that upfront. they can suggest a cheaper version, which might not be "as good". amazon is good place to shop for deals on shoes once you know what you like.
  • onecolbeauty
    onecolbeauty Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Nike Shox
  • Hottie_McTottie
    Options
    I was fitted at a running store and I wear brooks adrenaline. I'm going to get another analysis done soon and see what shoe is recommended.