7 foods I am cutting out.

Options
Annr
Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
Oregonian still has the floor...hahaha...Was curious. I am deleting 7 foods from my intake. They are; soda, trans fats, regular pasta, fried foods, high fat dairy, white flour and added white sugar. How about everyone else....what have you decided to elliminate?

Replies

• booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Brussels Sprouts (or as I call them, "The Devil's Balls"). Because I hate them.
  • eileensofianmushinfine
    Options
    I cut out fast food, soda, breads and pasta.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

This, plus asparagus.
  • chanelshabria21
    Options
    Team no more bread at all and pasta! Lost 3.4 pounds in this past week :)
  • teephil
    teephil Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I'd go crazy if I denied myself anything. I have greatly reduced my consumption of high calorie drinks though. Mostly water for me now.
  • Annr
    Options
    Brussel Sprouts are kind of stinky.....and I need a bottle of BEANO to handle them. Asparagus is just strange to me. Now ZUCCHINI I can eat foreverrrrrr.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I cut out avocados and green beans. Because they're gross. Also Dr. Pepper, it tastes like cough syrup.
  • Annr
    Options
    I cut out fast food, soda, breads and pasta.

Yeah for us!!!!! White bread is kind of pointless don't ya think? Now DAVES BREAD is amazing....you can eat it AND use it as a doorstop :-)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I dont really restrict anything, just moderate. The only one of those would be trans fats beyond that I live in a world when im not completely restricted becayse that leads to binging. I might choose to have limited amounts, but if its what I want and can justify the calories then I'm ok with that.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    Oregonian still has the floor...hahaha...Was curious. I am deleting 7 foods from my intake. They are; soda, trans fats, regular pasta, fried foods, high fat dairy, white flour and added white sugar. How about everyone else....what have you decided to elliminate?

This thread, you'll soon see, will be wildly unpopular here.

When I first began learning how to eat right, I cut out soda, fried foods, bleached, enriched white flour, and foods with more than 3 grams of added sugars. (14 years ago). Now I would say I *limit* those foods, and consider them "treats". And when I eat them, I make sure they are darned tasty, well prepared, and evened out in terms of glycemic impact. Trans fats I eliminated later.

Your approach to this sounds a lot like the south beach diet. There's a group here who aim to eat "low glycemic". If it appeals to you, join the group.

Good luck. And ignore the weird comments about eliminating dirty, moldy food, and vegetables.
  • Annr
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »
    I cut out avocados and green beans. Because they're gross. Also Dr. Pepper, it tastes like cough syrup.

yep I havent eaten an avacado for awhile...but I hear great things about them. You can marinate a roast in Dr Pepper I hear.... :-)
  • booksandchocolate12
    Options
    v3b893we34dl.jpg
    "What about this: a tribe of asparagus children, but they're self-conscious about the way their pee smells....."

• wackadoodle87
    wackadoodle87 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i cut out cola, fast foods and crisps they where my goto food, i actually never had fizzy drinks since December 2014 and i had a wee can the other day and it went straight in the bin it was horrid !!! i am loving how my body is changing :)

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Sugary sodas. Water and diet only. Other than that, everything in moderation.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I have not really eliminated anything. Haven't had a piece of cake or brownies but, it is mostly because we dont eat those often anyways. I would die if I eliminated pasta and bread. Yummy food!
  • booksandchocolate12
    Options
    Good luck. And ignore the weird comments about eliminating dirty, moldy food, and vegetables.

Right. Ignore anything that might be silly or fun. Because we have to 100% serious 100% of the time.
  • akiernan13
    Options
    Lol!
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking 'here comes all the "you shouldn't cut anything out" replies' then I realised that I haven't cut anything out yet. I have however drastically reduced my intake of pasta and bread, alcohol, ice cream, white potatoes.

Prior to cico I was doing slimming world for a couple of years so things like white sugar and veg oil were reduced a long time ago.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    No pork rinds for me. Because they're gross.
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Beets and fish. I hate the smell so I'm not eating it anyways.