7 foods I am cutting out.

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Good luck. And ignore the weird comments about eliminating dirty, moldy food, and vegetables.

Right. Ignore anything that might be silly or fun. Because we have to 100% serious 100% of the time.
    Not what I said. Not even close.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    Oregonian still has the floor...hahaha...Was curious. I am deleting 7 foods from my intake. They are; soda, trans fats, regular pasta, fried foods, high fat dairy, white flour and added white sugar. How about everyone else....what have you decided to elliminate?

This thread, you'll soon see, will be wildly unpopular here.

When I first began learning how to eat right, I cut out soda, fried foods, bleached, enriched white flour, and foods with more than 3 grams of added sugars. (14 years ago). Now I would say I *limit* those foods, and consider them "treats". And when I eat them, I make sure they are darned tasty, well prepared, and evened out in terms of glycemic impact. Trans fats I eliminated later.

Your approach to this sounds a lot like the south beach diet. There's a group here who aim to eat "low glycemic". If it appeals to you, join the group.

Good luck. And ignore the weird comments about eliminating dirty, moldy food, and vegetables.

There are certainly foods that I don't really eat any more, simply because the calories are too high for me to justify them. However, just knowing that I have chosen not to eat them at this time versus, "OMG I can NEVER eat that food again" makes all the difference in the world. I don't typically eat a lot of bread. I like it, I just don't have it on even a daily basis. However, if I were to tell myself "no more bread" I'd start craving it like a fiend. That's just how MY brain works. The first time I tried Atkins, it ended after a few days with an entire loaf of French bread. :lol:
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Packaged, processed foods as much as I can. I want to spend more time in my kitchen preparing food and planning ahead instead of being so impulsive.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Beets and fish. I hate the smell so I'm not eating it anyways.

I don't like beets either. I have a friend who loves them. She'd say, "Oh, but they're so delicious. They taste like dirt!"

Really? That's your recommendation. They taste like dirt.

No thanks...I'll pass!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies. But only because I can't be trusted with a box of them.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »
    Oregonian still has the floor...hahaha...Was curious. I am deleting 7 foods from my intake. They are; soda, trans fats, regular pasta, fried foods, high fat dairy, white flour and added white sugar. How about everyone else....what have you decided to elliminate?

This thread, you'll soon see, will be wildly unpopular here.

When I first began learning how to eat right, I cut out soda, fried foods, bleached, enriched white flour, and foods with more than 3 grams of added sugars. (14 years ago). Now I would say I *limit* those foods, and consider them "treats". And when I eat them, I make sure they are darned tasty, well prepared, and evened out in terms of glycemic impact. Trans fats I eliminated later.

Your approach to this sounds a lot like the south beach diet. There's a group here who aim to eat "low glycemic". If it appeals to you, join the group.

There are certainly foods that I don't really eat any more, simply because the calories are too high for me to justify them. However, just knowing that I have chosen not to eat them at this time versus, "OMG I can NEVER eat that food again" makes all the difference in the world. I don't typically eat a lot of bread. I like it, I just don't have it on even a daily basis. However, if I were to tell myself "no more bread" I'd start craving it like a fiend. That's just how MY brain works. The first time I tried Atkins, it ended after a few days with an entire loaf of French bread. :lol:
    Not sure why you quoted me, but yes, apparently saying "never" makes some folks want things more.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Kale because its too pretentious
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I don't really cut out anything unless it's a food I know will trigger a binge. Like, I can't have a samoa cookie without eating the whole box, but I can eat other cookies so I don't eliminate cookies lol

That's powerful knowledge.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Only that which I am allergic or intolerant to, or that I don't like. Food groups have zilch to do with weight loss. I choose to eat all foods in moderation.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

You poor thing, no more cheese... :cry:
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i didnt cut out anything. i eat whatever i want as long as its within my goals for the day.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I haven't really elliminated the foods...I have found other healthy alternatives like instead of soda fizzy water inhanced drinks, and instead of regular pasta is whole wheat pasta, instead of white bread is DAVES BREAD. Its all about the choices :-)
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Bagel.......because they are just incomplete rolls.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies. But only because I can't be trusted with a box of them.

Same here, but with Swiss Cake Rolls. I will buy a box and eat two, then give the rest away to family. I'm sure they make threads on here about sabotage ;)
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake. Just because... I'd eat it all. Other than that I am having things in moderation. Have stopped buying white bread/pasta as prefer wholewheat pasta anyway and have seeded granary bread as it is soooooo good with peanut butter ha ha!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I haven't really elliminated the foods...I have found other healthy alternatives like instead of soda fizzy water inhanced drinks, and instead of regular pasta is whole wheat pasta, instead of white bread is DAVES BREAD. Its all about the choices :-)

And finding what works for ya. Dave's is awesome, btw.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I have been using PB2 instead of regular peanut butter and I like it more than the normal fat fused peanut butter.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I don't keep Pringles or Oreos in my house because I know my self-control goes out the window with those more often than not. If I buy Pringles, I'll most likely eat at least half the tube in one sitting. Oreos I can down easily also.

Otherwise....pretty much nada. Been switching to "healthier" options but not cutting out much as a whole.

~Lyssa