7 foods I am cutting out.

Options

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I haven't eliminated any foods, but I have added some to my intake and am constantly switching it up. I pretty much eat anything and everything :)
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I actually lose more weight when I include a reasonable amount of high-fat dairy in my diet.

Do not...erase...the cheese!

I like low fat dairy (for cottage cheese or yogurt--low fat cheese is not something I approve of), but I also do better when I include a reasonable amount of fat. (I just usually get plenty and like to use dairy as a protein source. I fully understand preferring full fat, as that's how I feel about egg whites.)

I thought I preferred low-fat cottage cheese. Then I realized I needed more fat in my diet and tried the 4%. The heavens opened up and angels sang. I used to eat a cup of cottage cheese at a time and now I only eat 3/4 (since I'm a veggie, I had a larger serving than the recommended 1/2 cup). Totally worth the smaller portion size. The calories work out the same, and it's more satisfying with less volume.

As for yogurt, like you, I eat the Fage 2%.

• runnrchic
    runnrchic Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Replaced coke 0 with water.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Brussels Sprouts (or as I call them, "The Devil's Balls"). Because I hate them.

I never understood the hate for Brussel sprouts. I always liked them.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    In the beginning, I had to have a moderate carb intake, so I cut out bagels. I just never reintroduced them. I should. I miss them.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    In the beginning, I had to have a moderate carb intake, so I cut out bagels. I just never reintroduced them. I should. I miss them.

Until this morning, I hadn't had a bagel in so long. Unfortunately it'll be the last time since my blood sugar dropped to 45 not even an hour after finishing breakfast *sigh*
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »

I love them. I wonder if many people who hate them have only ever had them frozen? My husband thought he hated them too until I made fresh ones. Now he's a convert. :)

• runnrchic
    runnrchic Posts: 130 Member
    Options

Me too! I cook them in the iron skillet with olive oil, salt, pepper, and paprika. They are delish.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I just cut down on some of the higher calorie foods and now eat smaller portions.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »

I love them. I wonder if many people who hate them have only ever had them frozen? My husband thought he hated them too until I made fresh ones. Now he's a convert. :)

I've only ever had fresh...but i still can't stomach them. I just find them bitter most of the time. Now everyone saying that beets taste like dirt, I'm wondering if they only ever had canned, because fresh beets are so sweet. I love them.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I don't cut out foods unless I already didn't like them :p
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I tend to cut foods that I don't like, and eat more foods that I do like.

Today, for example, I spent a couple of hours making homemade fresh pasta imbued with basil, and then topped it with chicken, fresh tomatoes, bacon, garlic and red pepper (I forgot to pick up more spinach or that would have gone in too.) I sprinkled this with shredded parmesan and gave it a light drizzle of good balsamic. It was magical. And with an almond snack, I'm just over 1400 cals for the day, which means I need another snack before bed. Probably ice cream.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

Nope. Have had them fresh, frozen, made every which way. My friend had what she considered THE recipe for them. She made it for me. Still gross.

• KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    There's not really a need to cut out anything you enjoy. Just be reasonable about portions, and learn how to work them into your day.
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    The only thing I've really cut is Nutella, because it's crack in a jar, and soda, because I can't and don't want to justify the waste of calories. The rest is fair game in moderation. :)
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options

They taste like miniature cabbages, which I also hate. It's not a matter of freshness, it's a matter of being gross. But I love most veggies, so it's only fair to leave some for other people.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut out anything unless I don't like it. Though I am proud that I haven't eaten fast food in three years. That is mostly about disliking the politics of the fast food industry and choosing to use my calories other places. If I want a hamburger, I go to a real restaurant or make it at home.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options

I know people that had only eaten boiled ones that were cooked to mush. :s

I made them my way....fresh split in half cooked in olive oil with garlic, crimini mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes and of course a little salt and pepper. So good. They liked them after that.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    kikichewie wrote: »
    The only thing I feel I really should cut out of my diet is sweet tea. I told my husband to say it's like smoking a cigarette if I ever want one. (We've never smoked.) But the truth is, sometimes I lose the battle. :( Just the idea of drinking a large cup of sugar water seems so wrong, even if it does fit my macros. But it tastes soooooo good. :(

I didn't go cold turkey on sweet tea. I started only drinking it when we went out to eat. Then I started getting half sweet, half unsweet. Now I only occasionally get sweet tea and then if I can fix it self it's more like a quarter sweet three quarters unsweet. I still don't like straight unsweet.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I tend to cut foods that I don't like, and eat more foods that I do like.

Today, for example, I spent a couple of hours making homemade fresh pasta imbued with basil, and then topped it with chicken, fresh tomatoes, bacon, garlic and red pepper (I forgot to pick up more spinach or that would have gone in too.) I sprinkled this with shredded parmesan and gave it a light drizzle of good balsamic. It was magical. And with an almond snack, I'm just over 1400 cals for the day, which means I need another snack before bed. Probably ice cream.

oooh you like to layer flavors like I do....I HATE when I create "something magical" and my dear husband comes in and says simply..."you are gonna eat that"....Im like "shoo" don't even start. The Navy killed his taste buds years ago...