What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Homemade blackeyed peas with green beans, broccoli, corn, carrots, potatoes, onions and parm; rolls w/butter; and strawberries.

v285utvxc6ej.jpg
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Yummy roasted veggies with basil, oregano and thyme and sprinkled with lemon juice.wojnh2u1mrbr.jpg
  • nvtrodella
    nvtrodella Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    -Chicken piccata with mashed cauliflower.
    -Stuffed red peppers with zucchini,mushrooms and quinoa
    -Zucchini noodles with chicken and tomatoes
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Stock piled a lot, sorry for the long post coming!

Dinner the other day was roast chicken and basmati rice with tzatziki and sriracha. Also a greek salad with mushrooms
    ktqtjhf3vbft.jpg
    3tc1bva20e6q.jpg

Then wanted more pizza, but still didn't get crusts - so I made another tortilla "pizza", and loaded with like 8oz of chicken. I was starving that day, and it didn't last long.
    9ootc50nnbh3.jpg

Avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, mushrooms and feta!
    00xx5atwzj5s.jpg

Looooove this stuff, and the diet is hard to find. So when I do, I buy as many bottles as I can.
    ihsc8mj19ec3.jpg

Strawberry swirl GF cheescake <3
    4olykwzmmx2y.jpg

New whey powder, peanut butter marshmallow, that honestly is the best I have ever had!
    upob2gdjl8l2.jpg

Went for a girls trip down to the mountains on Saturday! Had a "spa" bowl with tuna, salad and almond rice!
    c7v08ttrtmeu.jpg

Simple but yummy breakfast yesterday!
    51haveavw99q.jpg

Same salad as the other day for lunch yesterday, but then with a blackberry carbonated water!
    px1kz7zojokk.jpg

Baked chocolate chip cookie dough Quest bar with PB2
    g35rxnd0m0ob.jpg

Dinner last night was a ground curry turkey caeser salad!
    w1fan8fneljf.jpg

And trying out a new tea I got this weekend right now, SO good!
    10kc46xset62.jpg
    wdxuujw3hwgb.jpg

• kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Last's night dinner was chicken fajitas! Has to include a corona ;)7kz61k7guie1.jpg
    yravi0al1bnb.jpg

• mygnsac
    edited March 2015
    Options
    How's this for a really bad lunch?! Coffee, a protein bar, Lorna Doone cookies and Jif peanut butter. I forgot my lunch today and didn't want to go out, so I dug around my drawers and came up with this sad, sugar-laden lunch. I'll do better tomorrow! :s

kodc5a46t1yy.jpg
    pb.jpg 71.9K
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    OMG IF I HAD A JAR OF PB IN MY DESK, IT'D BE GONE IN 2 MINUTES! <3
  • mygnsac
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »

That my in case of emergency jar of PB. Ha!

• MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Ditto. I'd smear 3 inches of peanut butter on that protein bar before eating it.

Then I'd eat MORE peanut butter with a spoon. Then I'd have the cookies and coffee for dessert. :open_mouth:
  • mygnsac
    Options
    MyM0wM0w wrote: »
    Ditto. I'd smear 3 inches of peanut butter on that protein bar before eating it.

Then I'd eat MORE peanut butter with a spoon. Then I'd have the cookies and coffee for dessert. :open_mouth:

MyM0wM0w...I just dipped my protein bar in the PB and I gotta say, you aren't wrong about that! Yum!

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

That reminds me of an old show on Food Network (I think) called Door Knock Dinners? The host would come to an unsuspecting person's door and ask to raid their kitchen and see what kind of gourmet meal they could come up with. Although come to think of it, I don't think I'd be that unsuspecting because the camera crew was usually INSIDE the house when the host knocked... so how did they gain entry with this supposedly clueless homeowner?

Anyway, I always liked that show. I always wondered what sorts of creations they would come up with in my kitchen. I suppose that was a precursor to Chopped and some of the other reality cooking shows of today...

• mygnsac
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    That reminds me of an old show on Food Network (I think) called Door Knock Dinners? The host would come to an unsuspecting person's door and ask to raid their kitchen and see what kind of gourmet meal they could come up with. Although come to think of it, I don't think I'd be that unsuspecting because the camera crew was usually INSIDE the house when the host knocked... so how did they gain entry with this supposedly clueless homeowner?

Anyway, I always liked that show. I always wondered what sorts of creations they would come up with in my kitchen. I suppose that was a precursor to Chopped and some of the other reality cooking shows of today...

I remember that show. Gordon Elliott did it I believe. They'd have a challenge coming up with something gourmet in my kitchen!
  • WinoGelato
    Options

Ooh this could be a fun game!

Here is what is in my emergency snack stash in my desk drawer:

Jar of Jif Extra Crunchy PB - I use this with bags of pretzels that I get from the vending machine.
    Bag of Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel squares
    Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Kind Bar
    Bookside Dark Chocolate Acai and Blueberry
    Ziplock bag of leftover pita chips
    3 chamomile tea bags
    Russell Stover Peppermint Bark Candy leftover from a secret santa gift

• WinoGelato
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »

I remember that show. Gordon Elliott did it I believe. They'd have a challenge coming up with something gourmet in my kitchen!

Yeah Gordon Elliott. I couldn't remember his last name and knew it wasn't Gordon Ramsay. Although that might be another amusing show altogether...

• mygnsac
    edited March 2015
    Options

Jar of Jif Extra Crunchy PB - I use this with bags of pretzels that I get from the vending machine.
    3 chamomile tea bags
    • Jar of Jif Creamy PB. Rarely eat the stuff, but nice to have around.
    • Bar of Trader Joe's dark chocolate with almonds, which I've nearly depleted. Looks like it's time for another TJ run!
    • A box of Earl Grey tea bags (my current favorite tea)
    • A couple Luna bars (might as well eat candy, but love the things)
    • 6 Whole wheat fig bars (blueberry & strawberry)
    • 1/2 a bag of stale sweet potato and beet chips (trash bound!)
    • 2 containers of fage 2% greek yogurt in my mini fridge under the desk. I bring in a little raspberry jam to mix with that.
    • 6 mini candy canes left over from Christmas (I put out a bunch of them for staff and those were leftover)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Shad roe, toasted cornbread puree, sherry vinegar, bacon

20150323_193012.jpg
  • mygnsac
    Options
    Made a salad of roast chicken, mozzarella balls, cherry tomatoes, roasted red potatoes, roasted corn, mixed greens, blacked peas, garlic salt and black pepper; and a hot buttered roll.

eiwyqtxywb0u.jpg
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Blackened grilled salmon, garlic butter rice, grilled zucchini and summer squash.

5dyhq7ldrxax.jpg
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »

3 chamomile tea bags
    • Jar of Jif Creamy PB. Rarely eat the stuff, but nice to have around.
    • Bar of Trader Joe's dark chocolate with almonds, which I've nearly depleted. Looks like it's time for another TJ run!
    • A box of Earl Grey tea bags (my current favorite tea)
    • A couple Luna bars (might as well eat candy, but love the things)
    • 6 Whole wheat fig bars (blueberry & strawberry)
    • 1/2 a bag of stale sweet potato and beet chips (trash bound!)
    • 2 containers of fage 2% greek yogurt in my mini fridge under the desk. I bring in a little raspberry jam to mix with that.
    • 6 mini candy canes left over from Christmas (I put out a bunch of them for staff and those were leftover)

I want in! Here's my emergency stash in the office drawer:
    • SKIPPY reduced fat superchunk (462g jar)
    • Some crackers
    • Organic rolled oats
    • Organic oat bran
    • A couple of eggs
    • Quest bars in Chocolate Brownie
    • Bunch of dried fruits and nuts
    • A can of tuna
    • FAGE 0% greek yogurt in the fridge and some jam
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    1bbwwdiq5cso.jpg
    Greek yogurt and whole wheat flour pizza crust with mushrooms, broccoli, ricotta and cheddar cheese. It was so good.