Harry Potter Weight Loss Challenge - Slytherin

Options

Replies

• Kaldrmjolka
    Kaldrmjolka Posts: 86
    Options
    Just checking in.... I've been stuck for the longest time but the scale moved today so that .5 pounds lost.
    Hey... half a pound is half a pound, I'm happy :D

Everyone: We can do this! Keep up the great work! If you're having a bit of trouble just remember: best successes come after their disappointments.
    Just keep working hard and you'll do amazing. <3 Have a great weekend everyone!
  • shellybeelee
    Options
    Hey everyone. Sorry for not being online much this week. I've been working overtime and fighting some crazy allergies.. which means i haven't met my goals as far as exercising =( which i'm sure is going to show tomorrow. But I have tried some new recipes.

the first was an oatmeal recipe with egg. I had heard about it on MFP but hadn't tried it yet and used this challenge to try it.

1/4 cup oatmeal
    1/2 cup water or 1/2 cup milk
    1 egg
    butter, to taste

I used water and skipped the butter. It was delicious and was a great mixture of my two favorite breakfast foods.

I am a big fan of veggies so this week i made a steamed veggie mix with asparagus, broccoli, zucchini, yellow squash, and sweet potatoes. It was super yummy and didn't need seasoning with all the flavors. It was also very low in calories.

I didn't really have a third new recipe but i did get some new fish. I tried cod and polluck this week =). I just added a little seasoning and baked them. I have to say fish and veggies are going to be my favorite diet foods. =D

Again sorry everyone for not being on much this week. I'm excited for tomorrows weigh in. Monday night i will report our weight loss percentage to the main board so make sure you have your weight in by then. Do NOT feel discouraged if this week wasn't the best. This is a journey and we have to take it one day at a time. If we fall down a little you just have to remember that your goal is still attainable and get back on track. I want to keep as many people in this house as we can.

Go slytherins =D

oh and here is a quick quote

"Oh, well... I'd just been thinking... if you had died, you'd have been welcome to share my toilet."
    Moaning Myrtle
  • shellybeelee
    Options
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AtS2gL_AVKG8dEJLNWtWSWVrYWNUdEJGamZwcHgzOHc&authkey=CKz0rLoE&hl=en#gid=0

Here is the spreadsheet again..

It is open for everyone to edit with the link.
    but someone decided to delete my weights...

I'm not very happy about that. I really trusted that you guys would only edit your own weights.

Make sure to check your weights and make sure they are the same. If you are having any issues let me know and if need be i will make it viewable only and I will put in all the weights myself.
  • thetigerzeye
    thetigerzeye Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AtS2gL_AVKG8dEJLNWtWSWVrYWNUdEJGamZwcHgzOHc&authkey=CKz0rLoE&hl=en#gid=0

I'm not very happy about that. I really trusted that you guys would only edit your own weights.

Make sure to check your weights and make sure they are the same. If you are having any issues let me know and if need be i will make it viewable only and I will put in all the weights myself.

Really? ... why would someone do that? That's just childish and mean. We are supposed to be helping people not making this harder for everyone. I hope that they just didn't know what they were doing and messed up. (Which if you don't know what you're doing just ask!) If they did it on purpose PLEASE don't do it again! That's not right! Shelly, maye you can save a ackup copy too in case something happens, though you really shouldn't HAVE to... we are all adults guys, please act like it!
  • shellybeelee
    Options

Really? ... why would someone do that? That's just childish and mean. We are supposed to be helping people not making this harder for everyone. I hope that they just didn't know what they were doing and messed up. (Which if you don't know what you're doing just ask!) If they did it on purpose PLEASE don't do it again! That's not right! Shelly, maye you can save a ackup copy too in case something happens, though you really shouldn't HAVE to... we are all adults guys, please act like it!

ditto lol.. I can understand if it was an accident tho. Anything you do is automatically changed so you have to be careful.. but ctrl+z works to undo anything you may have accidentally deleted or changed so everyone just double check that your weights are right and be careful<33

Also i updated the list so that it only has people that are updating. I have the spreadsheet backed up on my computer so i'm fairly certain it is all correct but if something is wrong with your weights or you are missing do not assume it was someone. I'm human and could have made an error when i updated it. Just let me know by PM and we will get it cleared up

Alright well i'm off to work. I'm closing so i wont be back online till i wake up tomorrow, but then i go back to work tomorrow afternoon lol. So Everyone weigh in and cross our fingers that slytherin wins =D and no sneaky business ;) hehe
  • happybunnysbabe57
    happybunnysbabe57 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    good luck on the weigh in everyone, i hope i lost enough i will post it first thing when i get up n weigh. also one of my new foods was i made biscotti it is 45cals a peice without chocolate drizzle. i dont have the recipe in front of me but if anyone wants it i will post it later. go slytherin
  • ActiveFaith10
    ActiveFaith10 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    2.5 loss this week! I updated it on the spreadsheet.

GO SLYTHERIN!
  • lailenm
    lailenm Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Morning, Slytherins. I had some difficulty getting back on my excellent workout routine after car trouble threw me for a loop earlier this week. I'm surprised, though, that I still managed a loss. It is a loss, though, however small it may be. I'm up early this morning, so right now is the best time for me to get back on the path of exercise, especially since I started sleeping again.

NSV for the week - my underwear and pants are both starting to fall down on me, even the size 28W capris that I just got in to almost two weeks ago. =D

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • laurabeerotten
    Options
    Good morning, Slytherins. I have added my weight but am feeling like a failure (sorry guys!). I tore a ligament in my ankle Friday and contracted an upper respiratory infection Friday. Needless to say, I think Friday the 13th got the best of me this time. I've spent the last few days being miserable and going on an eating binge. I know I could have posted a bigger loss if I hadn't sat around feeling sorry for myself! I am going to try to really watch my cal intake this week and maybe zig zag. I can't do as much exercise with my ankle being screwed up. I don't know when my doctor is going to want me back on my feet and going hard (I honestly forgot to ask, and the man was treating two problems at the same time.... "Laura, you're falling apart!") but I'm still going to try to do some light exercise when I can. I hope that my numbers don't impede us from taking the title this week!
  • lailenm
    lailenm Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Slytherins. I have added my weight but am feeling like a failure (sorry guys!). I tore a ligament in my ankle Friday and contracted an upper respiratory infection Friday. Needless to say, I think Friday the 13th got the best of me this time. I've spent the last few days being miserable and going on an eating binge. I know I could have posted a bigger loss if I hadn't sat around feeling sorry for myself! I am going to try to really watch my cal intake this week and maybe zig zag. I can't do as much exercise with my ankle being screwed up. I don't know when my doctor is going to want me back on my feet and going hard (I honestly forgot to ask, and the man was treating two problems at the same time.... "Laura, you're falling apart!") but I'm still going to try to do some light exercise when I can. I hope that my numbers don't impede us from taking the title this week!

A good way to get your heart pumping is to shadow box, especially if you have to sit down. Jillian Michaels always talks about how its such a great way to still get exercise in and burn calories. Just make sure you do it with good form, and you can still burn those calories. Your arms might be sore as all get out, but you'll still be pumping your heart rate way up. Good luck and I hope you feel better!
  • mjtbb
    mjtbb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My browser won't let me get into the spreadsheet so please update for me. I'm currently 217. I think that is a 2 pound loss. Since there was no loss last week I was hoping for a bit more. Not getting there fast but at least going the right way.

Melanie
  • Ante_Up
    Ante_Up Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm at 188 this week, so that's a 2 pound loss for me. I've updated myself on the chart. :)
  • Charice
    Charice Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys, I am up 0.2 this week. I have tried to exercise and watch the food, but it is that TOM thing and I think I did a little too much sodium yesterday!! I will redeem myself this week.
  • DaveGlasnost
    DaveGlasnost Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Updated the spreadsheet for this week. Good 1.2lb contribution, -5lbs from the start.

It may be rocky from here on, after several months of heavy exercise, this past week was a kind of vacation from it in order to rest up. That ends today, and I have to drastically up my caloric intake to support my reentry into full-on exercise. I actually was at -6.6 lbs but started ramping up my eating in prep this weekend.

Good job Slytherins!
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    2 pounds lost! Updated the spreadsheet. Kicking tail and taking names. Watched Half Blood Prince last night. That is all.
  • lilabette
    lilabette Posts: 21
    Options
    Good Morning Slytherins,

I'm down 0.2 lbs this week, which is good considering my food and exercise were such a roller coaster....I'm going to get in back in gear this week, and really dedicate myself to showing consistant losses.

Best of luck to everyone in the coming week!
  • thetigerzeye
    Options
    I'm going to the gym here shortly (that's where I weigh myself and getting a final workout it ^_^) I at least lost 1 l this week but that weight was taken in the middle of the week so hopefully I will make my 2 lb goal this week ^_^ I will update when I get back! Good job though to everyone for their hard work and for those of you that had life issues and injuries, I hope you guys are doing well and feel better soon!
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Yay I was able to contribute this week! I lost one pound. Originally the scale said I had lost 2.5 but I knew that couldn't be right- so I weighed myself again and said 141. I updated the spreadsheet.
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Laura- rest and feel better!
  • thetigerzeye
    Options
    Sweet! 3lbs this week!!!! YAYYYYYY!!!! *happy dance!!!!* I met one of my mini goals in just 2 weeks! I'll update the spreadsheet when I get home! 220 lbs as of today!!!!| WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO