Options
2»

Replies

• hellen72
    hellen72 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    In the uk try ...
    My protein. Or bodybuilding supplements

Both of them are quite cheap and at both you can order sample sachets for 99p each so you can try the flavours before buying a big tub

I am justnworking through my samples which are choc orange, choc smooth, cookies and cream, fudge, toffee, banofee, choc nut

I think that fudge and toffee are coming outnas my fav as they work best in banana smoothies and porridge. But none are as good as boditronics coconut which is the best but a lot more expensive! I usually put some in my porridge in then morning , just half a scoop, I make the porridge with water and add after cooking. I expect the calorie count is a tiny bit higher than made with milk but you get thenextra protein
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - ok gonna get one to try... will see what I can get here in the UK as I guess most of you are USA and can get better stuff than us ... :grumble:

Loads of places sell whey protein in the UK

If you wanted one specifically designed for women then go for the maxitone definity or sculptress - However Im gonna warn you, they cost a bit more!

I got my current tub of whey from tesco - nutrifirst strawberry 1kg tub for £10
  • hellen72
    hellen72 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Also holland and barrett often have it half price but they are just the boring flavours - choc, bananam vanilla
    If you get anyummy flavour you are more likely to use it. You will only put on weight if you have it in addition to everything else you would normally eat. If you replace something with it and keep without your cal you will def not put on
  • Agglaki
    Agglaki Posts: 105
    Options
    Thanks everyone - ok gonna get one to try... will see what I can get here in the UK as I guess most of you are USA and can get better stuff than us ... :grumble:

The regulations controlling the supplement industry in the US is not as stringent as the UK as far as I am aware. As a result UK proteins are actually in my opinion (and from my research) much better than US counterparts.

I would shop online rather than Holland and Barrett, Argos, Tesco, GNC etc.. you'll get much better prices.

The brands I've used in the past and can safely say have all tasted amazing are:

Boditronics
    PHD
    Reflex (my current protein)

Probably the cheapest protein in the UK is from myprotein.com, but the taste I've heard isn't all that great.

The fact is a protein powder will not magically bulk you up, if it did most of the guys I know would be on stage at the Mr. Olympia contests.

You need to work hard, eat big, and train intensely to pack on muscle and even then it is a slow process.

The only thing I would caution again is making sure you are buying a protein powder instead of mass gainers, protein / creatine mixes etc...from the sounds of it, you want to supplement your protein intake, rather than increase carbs / fat etc... so just make sure the nutritional information shows approx 25g protein per serving, with minimal 1-3g carbs and 1-2g fat.

good luck!
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I use On Nutrition [ON] Whey Protein. Low calorie [100], and has 23g of protein. I used to have a big issue with not getting enough protein, because I don't eat enough meat, dairy, fish, etc.

I love ON's products, they're yummy. I mix the vanilla ice cream flavor with light chocolate soy milk, a tablespoon of real peanut butter, and put it on "whip" in the blender. Soo yummy.
  • AdymondNtheRuff
    AdymondNtheRuff Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Dgfurman's!:flowerforyou: i do intended to those instructions!:wink:
  • AdymondNtheRuff
    AdymondNtheRuff Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I don't whose is better US or UK? However because i have to drink it, (due to weight loss surgery) i have sampled a lot of them and found i get tired of chocolate, strawberry and Vanilla! This brand to be very good just use water. These great tasting, they come in all sorts of flavors not gritty, dissolve well and tastes like Juice. Go to VitaCost.com they are about $25 they come in flavors of "mouthwatering fruit juice flavors, Syntrax Nectar is truly a protein drink you will look forward to drinking each and every day. Whether it be Apple Ecstasy, Twisted Cherry, Caribbean Cooler, Strawberry Kiwi, Fuzzy Navel, Roadside Lemonade, Crystal Sky, Pink Grapefruit or Lemon Tea, Syntrax Nectar will keep you coming back for more". (i just copied some info in for you). Sorry to say i do not know how the shipping will be????
  • Diana061
    Diana061 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    After working out i always have a protein shake.. and something high in potassuim works for me also.. I'm not as sore later on...
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Options
    I'm in the UK and I use Body Supreme strawberry flavour whey protein powder from ASDA (I live by a massive ASDA Walmart). Think it was about £15 for a huge tub, I have one scoop with skimmed milk for about 200 cals.
  • nsciambi
    nsciambi Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what the price is at GNC, but I usually order mine from www.bodybuilding.com. Every now and then they send me a 15% coupon, so I just wait for that.
    I love my protein shakes! My favorite is Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Caramel Toffee Fudge. Mixed with a cup of skim milk, it helps me recover from my workouts AND satisfies my sweet tooth.

Thanks for the reminder. I haven't been drinking them like I should. A protein shake would be so much better than indulging in a cookie.

And contrary to popular belief, it takes years of dedication, hard work, and the help of the right genes for a woman to become bulky in a muscular sense.

That sounds good - where do you buy it? Edit to answer I just found it at GNC. :)
  • littlemissanguissette
    littlemissanguissette Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I use On Nutrition [ON] Whey Protein. Low calorie [100], and has 23g of protein. I used to have a big issue with not getting enough protein, because I don't eat enough meat, dairy, fish, etc.

I love ON's products, they're yummy. I mix the vanilla ice cream flavor with light chocolate soy milk, a tablespoon of real peanut butter, and put it on "whip" in the blender. Soo yummy.

Correction...I meant Optimum Nutrition [ON]...brain fart at 2am in the morning haha
  • 1FITmamaofTWINS
    Options
    whey protein helps restore muscle and prevents muscle loss.... it's a MUST