Peanut butter ??

Options

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter goes really well with chocolate protein powder.

Yes indeedy! i add 30g to mine most days, but i can barely taste it, it does make it nice and creamy.
    Tomorrow i'm going to have a chocolate protein shake with a few tablespoons of chocolate/Peanutbutter PB2 added.

• billiebutton
    billiebutton Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Have you tried PB2, made by Bell Plantation? It's powdered peanut butter that you add water to. I know, it sounds disgusting! BUT, it's actually REALLY good, and only 45 calories for 2 tbsp. I highly recommend it - good protein and very satisfying! I pair it with bananas or toast or apples. Definitely satisfies the pb craving!

I am a huge PB lover (even more than chocolate). I just bought PB2 a few days ago and I'm so glad. It's so yummy! I blend banana/PB2/chocolate protein powder/ice.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You can blend it with anything....Greek yogurt.....fat free dream whip. I like to mix up PB2 with FF dream whip, then put on grahm crackers with a few salt free peanuts...then I freeze it. Its a great snack!
  • Sassy_xo
    Sassy_xo Posts: 44
    Options
    Peanut butter is really good for you! It is high in protein and the good kind of fat your body needs! If you are worried about your sugar intake, you can always do an all natural peanut butter or almond butter that doesn't have added sugar. Just make sure you stir it up when you open it so the oil is not all on top and refrigerate once open!
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Sassy_xo wrote: »
    Peanut butter is really good for you! It is high in protein and the good kind of fat your body needs! If you are worried about your sugar intake, you can always do an all natural peanut butter or almond butter that doesn't have added sugar. Just make sure you stir it up when you open it so the oil is not all on top and refrigerate once open!

I'm not worried about the sugar or fat content. It's the calories that put me off of using as much as I would like. Which is why I'm shifting to PB2. I can add 3 or more tablespoons to my smoothie compared to just one TBS of regular PB which I can barely taste in there anyway...

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I love a tablespoon of peanut butter in my morning oatmeal!
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I wish we had Pb2 here. I tried the "natural" low salt/sugar PB the other week, it was bloody disgusting! I threw the whole jar in the trash :cry:

Natural PB is an acquired taste. I had to cut out as much sugar as possible when I was pregnant a few years ago and got accustomed to it then. But I remember thinking the whole first jar was pretty blegh, then I was neutral on the second jar, by the time I got threw the third jar it was good. (obviously over the course of several months) Now I strongly prefer it! Even my 4 year old calls it the yummy peanut butter.. lol Only my husband still eats the other kind.

I love the one where the only ingredient is peanuts..

• mom2nicknat
    mom2nicknat Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter basically every single day. I like the JIF whipped or the Peanut Butter and Company Cinnamon Swirl Peanut butter... soo good!
  • Christine_72
    Options
    I wish we had Pb2 here. I tried the "natural" low salt/sugar PB the other week, it was bloody disgusting! I threw the whole jar in the trash :cry:

Natural PB is an acquired taste. I had to cut out as much sugar as possible when I was pregnant a few years ago and got accustomed to it then. But I remember thinking the whole first jar was pretty blegh, then I was neutral on the second jar, by the time I got threw the third jar it was good. (obviously over the course of several months) Now I strongly prefer it! Even my 4 year old calls it the yummy peanut butter.. lol Only my husband still eats the other kind.

I love the one where the only ingredient is peanuts..

I should go back and give it a try. Stick it out this time.
    Admittedly I didn't even try it on bread. I ate it straight out the jar, and was not impressed. It probably would taste better on toast with butter.

• exwilson
    exwilson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I thought the question was going to be "What is peanut butter and why is the greatest thing that ever existed on the face the planet?" I was wrong.

PB is great. As long as your hitting your calorie and macro targets, go for it.
  • ljk0615
    ljk0615 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter basically every single day. I like the JIF whipped or the Peanut Butter and Company Cinnamon Swirl Peanut butter... soo good!

I eat the JIF whips too. It has less fat and fewer calories and I feel satisfied with just one tablespoon. 70 calories is not a big deal for something delicious :)
  • exwilson
    exwilson Posts: 154 Member
    Options

But when I'm stirring it into yogurt or adding it to a protein shake, I just want the flavor. I'll save the calories then!

I have both regular PB and PB2 in my kitchen. I use them for different things.

Me too. Powder for the protein shakes, JIF for the sandwiches.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    A few people have told me peanut butter is good for you on a diet but I can't think how ? Can anyone help with this please, I do luv peanut butter on toast but can't see how it's good at all lol

why do you think it's bad?
  • Christine_72
    Options
    zachbonner wrote: »
    aimeerace wrote: »
    It's high in protein.

no
    And it tastes amazeballs

yes

100g== 613 calories and 30g protein. For a regular sandwich it would go down to 6g protein and 122 calories.
    I get 25g protein out of my 120 calorie protein powder.

• stephanie1x2
    stephanie1x2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I think its because its meant to keep you full for longer im a bit unsure about the topic myself though
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    zachbonner wrote: »
    It's high in protein.

no
    And it tastes amazeballs

yes

100g== 613 calories and 30g protein. For a regular sandwich it would go down to 6g protein and 122 calories.
    I get 25g protein out of my 120 calorie protein powder.

peanut butter has a nice amount of protein in it, but in the scheme of things is pretty low when compared to things like fish, chicken, pork, and beef.
  • curlylocks302
    curlylocks302 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Is it maybe because you use it as an ingredient (in shakes) that you have this feeling that it "isn't good for you" where as some people use it as an actual food (like in a sandwich or just to snack on)?