My 600 Pound Life?

1212224262737

Replies

  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    That boyfriend of hers is being selfish!
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    tat2cookie wrote: »
    That boyfriend of hers is being selfish!

    600lb chick has a BF?
  • curlylocks302
    curlylocks302 Posts: 38 Member
    I'm watching now too. The one that was on before the on earlier (Pauline's story) was really pissing me off. Especially with the line of "My doctor doesn't know what's good for me, I know my own body".

    ...Really?
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    I'm watching now too. The one that was on before the on earlier (Pauline's story) was really pissing me off. Especially with the line of "My doctor doesn't know what's good for me, I know my own body".

    ...Really?

    There are probably parts of her body she hasn't seen in years. Who is she kidding?
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    I'm watching now too. The one that was on before the on earlier (Pauline's story) was really pissing me off. Especially with the line of "My doctor doesn't know what's good for me, I know my own body".

    ...Really?

    Getting over that mentality is what finally got me loosing weight (not dr.s in my case, trainers and portion size). It's painful to realize that you have been stupid for so long, and lots of people will keep up the cognitive dissonance rather than admit they goofed.

    It takes great strength to admit that you were wrong, And we all probably have something we cling to despite evidence to the contrary.

    So I guess I'm saying don't let it get under your skin. Show others that you are proud to admit when you are wrong and proud to implement positive change. Help break this culture of stubbornness and self righteousness and stuff like this woulnt happen so much!

    /rant. Sorry, ranty morning I guess :/
  • otheliemoor
    otheliemoor Posts: 50 Member
    For me, these extreme programs are just so much outside my reality that I can't relate. I becomes shaming, and not trying to help and understand how people end up in these situation.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Lisa1971 wrote: »
    TLC has kind of turned into a freak show over the past decade. It used to be The Learning Channel and showed documentry type things similar to Discovery Channel. Now it's all reality shows and things like "My Strange Addiction"

    That show "My strange addiction" creeps me out. Especially the one where the woman was eating her dead husband's ashes! WHAT?????????? GROSS!

    I know!!! There was a woman who ate dryer sheets, a man who was having an intimate (yes - real intimate) relationship with his car, another guy who had intimate relationships with pool blow up toys, a young woman who injested fabreeze air freshener, a girl who liked to dress like a baby (she even slept in a crib, wore diapers and drank from a bottle).

    Yep! Sadly, I've seen them all! LOL!
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Charity's fiance seemed like he was along for a free ride and looked way younger. He reminded me more of my oldest son than my husband. JMO...
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Steph38878 wrote: »
    Charity's fiance seemed like he was along for a free ride and looked way younger. He reminded me more of my oldest son than my husband. JMO...

    I actually thought he was her son when I tuned in (turned the show on at about 8:10, I think), especially based on the way he was acting. It was odd, he acted EXACTLY like a rebellious teenager who was annoyed at his mom's latest household change. The whole thing with grumbling about how he wasn't going to throw away the taco shells in the house, and the mutterings about "But there'll be nothing LEFT" to eat and the pouty-mouthed "whatever."

  • gkauf744
    gkauf744 Posts: 128 Member
    I love Hoarders! Maybe its evil, but it makes me feel so much better about myself. No matter how messy my house gets, at least I don't have dead cats buried in my stuff! I can't watch 600lb life because I can't stomach the surgery parts.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited March 2015
    gkauf744 wrote: »
    I love Hoarders! Maybe its evil, but it makes me feel so much better about myself. No matter how messy my house gets, at least I don't have dead cats buried in my stuff! I can't watch 600lb life because I can't stomach the surgery parts.

    Hoarders frustrates me because my parents were hoarders. I mean literally, our home looked like some of the homes featured on that show. In various places where we lived, there might be rotting here and there, parts of the ceiling would be rotted through and so on and animal waste was absolutely everywhere. My parents move around (and hence, moved us around) constantly - I lived in 13 places by the age of 11 - and my mother would laugh jovially, "I like moving because I get a clean house." We actually had the town called on us several times. Imagine the horrified humiliation of that. (Today I am a neatnick and can't stand clutter; I've been that way all my adult life.) My parents just laughed it off. The people on the show are just like my parents, making their excuses but only because now they're going to be kicked out of their home or what-have-you; up until that point they think everything's totally fine.

    It REALLY makes me angry at the people on the show - people I don't even personally know. Just an exercise in frustration. I can't manage to reach in and find some sympathy for them - ESPECIALLY the ones with children. When you do that, you cripple your children emotionally and socially. Imagine growing up never being able to have a friend in your house. It's seriously messed up as your youth is when you're supposed to be developing social skills. Instead, you learn how to lie, hide, and how to hate the people who did this to you when you're supposed to love them instead. It stays with you.

    Oh gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Time to go read another thread. ;)

  • jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    gkauf744 wrote: »
    I love Hoarders! Maybe its evil, but it makes me feel so much better about myself. No matter how messy my house gets, at least I don't have dead cats buried in my stuff! I can't watch 600lb life because I can't stomach the surgery parts.

    Hoarders frustrates me because my parents were hoarders. I mean literally, our home looked like some of the homes featured on that show. In various places where we lived, there might be rotting here and there, parts of the ceiling would be rotted through and so on and animal waste was absolutely everywhere. My parents move around (and hence, moved us around) constantly - I lived in 13 places by the age of 11 - and my mother would laugh jovially, "I like moving because I get a clean house." We actually had the town called on us several times. Imagine the horrified humiliation of that. (Today I am a neatnick and can't stand clutter; I've been that way all my adult life.) My parents just laughed it off. The people on the show are just like my parents, making their excuses but only because now they're going to be kicked out of their home or what-have-you; up until that point they think everything's totally fine.

    It REALLY makes me angry at the people on the show - people I don't even personally know. Just an exercise in frustration. I can't manage to reach in and find some sympathy for them - ESPECIALLY the ones with children. When you do that, you cripple your children emotionally and socially. Imagine growing up never being able to have a friend in your house. It's seriously messed up as your youth is when you're supposed to be developing social skills. Instead, you learn how to lie, hide, and how to hate the people who did this to you when you're supposed to love them instead. It stays with you.

    Oh gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Time to go read another thread. ;)


    So sorry you had to go thru that growing up. ((((hugs))))
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    tat2cookie wrote: »
    Who's watching Charity's story?
    Out of all the episodes, this one made me the saddest. What that woman went through as a child is heartbreaking, and then to lose her mom and not be able to say goodbye. I cried. I am looking forward to a follow up on her because of all the people on that show, I really hope she makes it.

  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    I remember watching the first four episodes a few years back when it originally came out, and I got hooked because I find it amazing to see the absolute extremes of what people can do to themselves in both positive, and negative ways.

    If I remember correctly, there wasn't a new season until the past couple of months, and I'm glad it has returned. It has become a show I always make sure to either watch first run, or record.
  • KathyMBragg
    KathyMBragg Posts: 48 Member
    It's a reality show and dramatized. I love the show, it inspires me. And having been overweight my whole life I can identify with them. That said, my family and I have made a pact with each other that we will never be enablers to this extent no matter what happens.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    jazzine1 wrote: »
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    gkauf744 wrote: »
    I love Hoarders! Maybe its evil, but it makes me feel so much better about myself. No matter how messy my house gets, at least I don't have dead cats buried in my stuff! I can't watch 600lb life because I can't stomach the surgery parts.

    Hoarders frustrates me because my parents were hoarders. I mean literally, our home looked like some of the homes featured on that show. In various places where we lived, there might be rotting here and there, parts of the ceiling would be rotted through and so on and animal waste was absolutely everywhere. My parents move around (and hence, moved us around) constantly - I lived in 13 places by the age of 11 - and my mother would laugh jovially, "I like moving because I get a clean house." We actually had the town called on us several times. Imagine the horrified humiliation of that. (Today I am a neatnick and can't stand clutter; I've been that way all my adult life.) My parents just laughed it off. The people on the show are just like my parents, making their excuses but only because now they're going to be kicked out of their home or what-have-you; up until that point they think everything's totally fine.

    It REALLY makes me angry at the people on the show - people I don't even personally know. Just an exercise in frustration. I can't manage to reach in and find some sympathy for them - ESPECIALLY the ones with children. When you do that, you cripple your children emotionally and socially. Imagine growing up never being able to have a friend in your house. It's seriously messed up as your youth is when you're supposed to be developing social skills. Instead, you learn how to lie, hide, and how to hate the people who did this to you when you're supposed to love them instead. It stays with you.

    Oh gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Time to go read another thread. ;)


    So sorry you had to go thru that growing up. ((((hugs))))

    Thank you so very much. That was a very kind thing to say.

  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    I remember watching the first four episodes a few years back when it originally came out, and I got hooked because I find it amazing to see the absolute extremes of what people can do to themselves in both positive, and negative ways.

    If I remember correctly, there wasn't a new season until the past couple of months, and I'm glad it has returned. It has become a show I always make sure to either watch first run, or record.

    Yes, the pilot took the people through seven years. So you really saw the dramatic difference.

  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    I remember watching the first four episodes a few years back when it originally came out, and I got hooked because I find it amazing to see the absolute extremes of what people can do to themselves in both positive, and negative ways.

    If I remember correctly, there wasn't a new season until the past couple of months, and I'm glad it has returned. It has become a show I always make sure to either watch first run, or record.

    Yes, the pilot took the people through seven years. So you really saw the dramatic difference.

    It was really neat to see Melissa, the first one, come full circle and help the others that came in for wls. I'd love to see how she is doing today.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    tat2cookie wrote: »
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    I remember watching the first four episodes a few years back when it originally came out, and I got hooked because I find it amazing to see the absolute extremes of what people can do to themselves in both positive, and negative ways.

    If I remember correctly, there wasn't a new season until the past couple of months, and I'm glad it has returned. It has become a show I always make sure to either watch first run, or record.

    Yes, the pilot took the people through seven years. So you really saw the dramatic difference.

    It was really neat to see Melissa, the first one, come full circle and help the others that came in for wls. I'd love to see how she is doing today.
    Agreed, and I also like when you see her in the background of several of the other people's stories. Either walking around in the clinic, or doing presentations etc. She did really well. She also runs the My 600lb Life Facebook page, I think.
  • jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    I would really like to see a "where are they now" on everyone who is on the show.