MrM27 wrote: »
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    EWJLang wrote: »
    If your goal is just to lose weight, then yes too soon. If you are looking to have an overall healthier lifestyle and properly track your diet, then yes you should be checking once every 1-2 weeks.

Can you please explain?

Sure, you have probably heard this a billion times but health and fitness is a lifestyle and not a short term goal. If you are just looking for that quick solution is cut down what you eat, drink more water and walk more and check in every month to adjust. If you really are committed to a health lifestyle that entails making sure that you pay close to your BMR and changing you calories based on that which means you do have to check your weight more frequently. Im a huge advocate of IIFYM and adjust every 3-4 days because of I am currently cutting weight (fancy term for calorie deficit to lose fat and retain as much muscle as I can). Anyone looking to lose weight the healthy way should really hit that scale once a week and make sure they are hitting calories by eatting the right foods and the proper balance of macronutrients (protein/carbohydrates/fat). If you want to know more add me and message me questions or you can take a look at my public diary for an idea of what I do.

You adjust every 3-4 days?

yeah....that's not...not good. Borderline disordered, dude.

And, OP, a week is no time at all. Your weight is going to fluctuate up to 5 pounds over the course of the day, depending on your water retention and digestive timing. (In other words, what is the weight of the actual food you've eaten and where is it currently hanging out on its journey to the sewer?)

I can't believe people have jumped to "you must be eating too much!" and "Go lower on your calories!" when OP has only been at this for a week! You look young and tall in your photo, 1500 is probably a sensible target for you, so keep on for a bit. Cutting all the way back to 1200 sends many, many people to the forums wailing that they're staaaaaarving or that they broke down and ate an entire bag of candy in rebellion. 1500 is incredibly doable and attainable, so if you came to that number through TDEE calculators or MFP's, I bet it's a fine setting for you for now. I'm on 1500 and an old hag....still a deficit, still losing. If you still don't see changes in your weight or measurements after a month, then reconsider from there.

Hey now lets wait for their reply. Tag @upgradeddiddy‌

Ha, again the weight itself is just a number to update my calculators to plan my meals so on any given day I can look and say "hey, maybe I can add a bowl of oatmeal here!" Or "okay let's NOT take that cookie" a little obsessive yes but my concern is meeting the proper calories and eating the right macro sources which is why I premised it by saying if you want to just "lose weight" once a month is fine. But if you are interested in a lifestyle you should know your weight on a weekly/biweekly basis and body fat on a biweekly/monthly basis.

You just keep saying the same thing over and over. Knock it off. It's a ridiculous statement. Lose weight, weigh monthly. Be healthy weigh weekly. That's just a rule you made up that has no basis.

Why so angry? I have my way and you have yours obviously. And yes I have my guidelines because they work for me. That's really the end of it for anyone for health and fitness is what works for them. There is no "ridiculous" ideas out there, hence why there is the community on here in the first place, share ideas and get different views.

If they are your guidelines but you insist on promoting them to other people as the way they should do things then you should provide valid reasoning why your way is the way it should be and why doing the opposite is worse. Until then you will continue to get called out for nonsense.

Apologies if I "insisted" anything, seems to have struck a nerve even though I don't think in any part of what I said where I said anything she was doing was wrong, I believe I said if it's just an overall weight loss goal do one thing if it's a lifestyle change do the other, but I digress... I just stated my opinion based on what has worked for me, what I have observed from others (whether athletic or non-athletic) and what I have read. You can choose to agree and apply it or you can choose to disagree and do something else ain't a thing to me what you do. But you have to be pretty weak minded to keep saying that someone's opinion is nonsense when at the end of the day it's an opinion and not one persons opinion is right or wrong because it's up to the individual to make a choice on what they choose to believe or not. But hey that's just my OPINION again smh

And yet you still provide no facts as to why someone should weigh every 3 or 4 days to be heal th y and every month just to lose weight. Care to give it a shot?

Fact: Your weight changes daily...Fact: Your activity levels change daily...Fact: You do not eat the same things daily (if you actually did we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.) So above anything else you caloric needs are going to change daily based on all of those factors. Now I don't expect myself or anyone on this thread to be changing their numbers daily because that is WAY too much but in achieving a healthy lifestyle (especially to someone just starting) you need to be checking your progress more frequently just so you get a grasp of your own diet, energy levels and how your body responds to those changes. Again that is a lifestyle change. If you are just looking to lose weight here and there and not take steps to really make a lifestyle change then yea, make you food cuts here and there and check up in a month to see if you need to change some more. Take it or leave it...

Questions time:

How do you on a daily basis determine how much of the lack of movement downward of the number on the scale do you chalk up to the increase of cortisol so that you can properly adjust your increments in calories?

How do you go about determining the days reserve glycogen level weight in order to not adjust improperly? How mugh glycogen are you holding on the evening after training? How much glycogen are you holding the the next evening on your day of rest?

After a day of a whoosh how can you determine how much fat was lost so that you don't increase calories to much in order to compensate for the bigger loss?

If the person is slated to weigh in on Monday morning but on Sunday night the family goes out for Chinese food, how should that affect the way the person evaluates the reading on the scale the next morning? Should they not weigh in or is there a formula the should use to determine if fat loss did or did not occur?

If on let's say for instance the end of week 3 the night before the weigh in the person has a steak dinner with some vegetables and potatoes then weighs in. in week r the person does that exact same routine to the last calorie but on the night before the Monday weigh in they don't go to a steak dinner but instead the have no time for a meal like that so they have a Whey shake followed by a big salad with a variety of ingredients making sure that the calories and macros match the dinner form the week before, should the person see the same exact weight percentage drop being that all the numbers would be 100% identical?

Nice lots of big questions with vague and random descriptions but sure...

The increase in cortisol is a tough thing to track because what you probably already know is that this is a hormone released by stress on the body. That has unlimited factors but the one we can determine are exercise and work lifestyle (the whole reason why there is a drop down for sedentary lifestyle up to very active lifestyle on your calorie counter to give you a raw estimate of your caloric needs). The other part of this that really I have no answer for is how to adjust for when you are sick, when you are injured, pregnancy, freaking out after a fender bender, etc so you got me there. This is why for me I just leave my setting on sedentary lifestyle and add my exercise and steps. This at lease gives me if all I do is walk a little bit I know what I need to eat to keep my calorie goals. If something happens at work, my girlfriend and I have a heated argument... Can't track that sorry.

Glycogen also I can't speak to if you have diabetes, hyperglycemia or any other metabolic disease but IIFYM really gives me my base line of how many carbs/protein/fat I need to eat to meet my caloric needs and my metabolism should really already be accounted for when I calculate my BMR (basal metabolic rate...kind of explains itself) and whatever calorie surplus or deficits I set. I measure what I need to put in my body based on what I do or don't do in the gym and how much move throughout the day.

Like I said a couple posts ago I track my body fat either once every two weeks or once every month when I can and based on weight lost and differences in body fat percentages I can see how much fat was lost. Really the percentage (since nowadays all I do is weightlifting) is an indicator of whether I still have enough fat in reserve to continue to increase weights in the gym or if I should change my routine for muscular maintenance as at a certain body fat % it is nearly impossible to get stronger which differs for everyone.

For your questions about meals all of that goes back to tracking macros and planning your meals. Depending on the restaurant it may be impossible to get a exact numbers but most chains now a days give you a breakdown of calories/protein/carbs/fat/sodium/potassium. This is where IIFYM can suck because you can't have everything (I miss ribs sooo much right now). At the end of the day you have to take a bit more of control of what's going in your body, customize if you can and plan at the beginning of your day what you plan to eat to meet your goals.

I can almost guarantee there is going to be a lot of hate on this answer so again, take it or leave it. And good luck with your goals.

There's no hate on the answer. The were actually the type of answers I was expecting to receive from you. Unfortunately you cannot see the purpose of the questions as it relates to your faulty advice.

When you're reading to get down with some real facts, some science feel free to call me out. Just use @MrM27‌ when you feel you're ready to take it to that level.

Haha agree to disagree. Done multiple sports, family of athletes and lots of different references to come up with what I use which again has worked for me and many others around me. Besides, based on your profile I haven't seen any points where you practice what you preach, so I'm good. Good luck with your goals.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    If your goal is just to lose weight, then yes too soon. If you are looking to have an overall healthier lifestyle and properly track your diet, then yes you should be checking once every 1-2 weeks.

Can you please explain?

Sure, you have probably heard this a billion times but health and fitness is a lifestyle and not a short term goal. If you are just looking for that quick solution is cut down what you eat, drink more water and walk more and check in every month to adjust. If you really are committed to a health lifestyle that entails making sure that you pay close to your BMR and changing you calories based on that which means you do have to check your weight more frequently. Im a huge advocate of IIFYM and adjust every 3-4 days because of I am currently cutting weight (fancy term for calorie deficit to lose fat and retain as much muscle as I can). Anyone looking to lose weight the healthy way should really hit that scale once a week and make sure they are hitting calories by eatting the right foods and the proper balance of macronutrients (protein/carbohydrates/fat). If you want to know more add me and message me questions or you can take a look at my public diary for an idea of what I do.

And, OP, a week is no time at all. Your weight is going to fluctuate up to 5 pounds over the course of the day, depending on your water retention and digestive timing. (In other words, what is the weight of the actual food you've eaten and where is it currently hanging out on its journey to the sewer?)

I can't believe people have jumped to "you must be eating too much!" and "Go lower on your calories!" when OP has only been at this for a week! You look young and tall in your photo, 1500 is probably a sensible target for you, so keep on for a bit. Cutting all the way back to 1200 sends many, many people to the forums wailing that they're staaaaaarving or that they broke down and ate an entire bag of candy in rebellion. 1500 is incredibly doable and attainable, so if you came to that number through TDEE calculators or MFP's, I bet it's a fine setting for you for now. I'm on 1500 and an old hag....still a deficit, still losing. If you still don't see changes in your weight or measurements after a month, then reconsider from there.

Ha, again the weight itself is just a number to update my calculators to plan my meals so on any given day I can look and say "hey, maybe I can add a bowl of oatmeal here!" Or "okay let's NOT take that cookie" a little obsessive yes but my concern is meeting the proper calories and eating the right macro sources which is why I premised it by saying if you want to just "lose weight" once a month is fine. But if you are interested in a lifestyle you should know your weight on a weekly/biweekly basis and body fat on a biweekly/monthly basis.

You just keep saying the same thing over and over. Knock it off. It's a ridiculous statement. Lose weight, weigh monthly. Be healthy weigh weekly. That's just a rule you made up that has no basis.

Why so angry? I have my way and you have yours obviously. And yes I have my guidelines because they work for me. That's really the end of it for anyone for health and fitness is what works for them. There is no "ridiculous" ideas out there, hence why there is the community on here in the first place, share ideas and get different views.

If they are your guidelines but you insist on promoting them to other people as the way they should do things then you should provide valid reasoning why your way is the way it should be and why doing the opposite is worse. Until then you will continue to get called out for nonsense.

Apologies if I "insisted" anything, seems to have struck a nerve even though I don't think in any part of what I said where I said anything she was doing was wrong, I believe I said if it's just an overall weight loss goal do one thing if it's a lifestyle change do the other, but I digress... I just stated my opinion based on what has worked for me, what I have observed from others (whether athletic or non-athletic) and what I have read. You can choose to agree and apply it or you can choose to disagree and do something else ain't a thing to me what you do. But you have to be pretty weak minded to keep saying that someone's opinion is nonsense when at the end of the day it's an opinion and not one persons opinion is right or wrong because it's up to the individual to make a choice on what they choose to believe or not. But hey that's just my OPINION again smh

And yet you still provide no facts as to why someone should weigh every 3 or 4 days to be heal th y and every month just to lose weight. Care to give it a shot?

Fact: Your weight changes daily...Fact: Your activity levels change daily...Fact: You do not eat the same things daily (if you actually did we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.) So above anything else you caloric needs are going to change daily based on all of those factors. Now I don't expect myself or anyone on this thread to be changing their numbers daily because that is WAY too much but in achieving a healthy lifestyle (especially to someone just starting) you need to be checking your progress more frequently just so you get a grasp of your own diet, energy levels and how your body responds to those changes. Again that is a lifestyle change. If you are just looking to lose weight here and there and not take steps to really make a lifestyle change then yea, make you food cuts here and there and check up in a month to see if you need to change some more. Take it or leave it...

Questions time:

How do you on a daily basis determine how much of the lack of movement downward of the number on the scale do you chalk up to the increase of cortisol so that you can properly adjust your increments in calories?

How do you go about determining the days reserve glycogen level weight in order to not adjust improperly? How mugh glycogen are you holding on the evening after training? How much glycogen are you holding the the next evening on your day of rest?

After a day of a whoosh how can you determine how much fat was lost so that you don't increase calories to much in order to compensate for the bigger loss?

If the person is slated to weigh in on Monday morning but on Sunday night the family goes out for Chinese food, how should that affect the way the person evaluates the reading on the scale the next morning? Should they not weigh in or is there a formula the should use to determine if fat loss did or did not occur?

If on let's say for instance the end of week 3 the night before the weigh in the person has a steak dinner with some vegetables and potatoes then weighs in. in week r the person does that exact same routine to the last calorie but on the night before the Monday weigh in they don't go to a steak dinner but instead the have no time for a meal like that so they have a Whey shake followed by a big salad with a variety of ingredients making sure that the calories and macros match the dinner form the week before, should the person see the same exact weight percentage drop being that all the numbers would be 100% identical?

The increase in cortisol is a tough thing to track because what you probably already know is that this is a hormone released by stress on the body. That has unlimited factors but the one we can determine are exercise and work lifestyle (the whole reason why there is a drop down for sedentary lifestyle up to very active lifestyle on your calorie counter to give you a raw estimate of your caloric needs). The other part of this that really I have no answer for is how to adjust for when you are sick, when you are injured, pregnancy, freaking out after a fender bender, etc so you got me there. This is why for me I just leave my setting on sedentary lifestyle and add my exercise and steps. This at lease gives me if all I do is walk a little bit I know what I need to eat to keep my calorie goals. If something happens at work, my girlfriend and I have a heated argument... Can't track that sorry.

Glycogen also I can't speak to if you have diabetes, hyperglycemia or any other metabolic disease but IIFYM really gives me my base line of how many carbs/protein/fat I need to eat to meet my caloric needs and my metabolism should really already be accounted for when I calculate my BMR (basal metabolic rate...kind of explains itself) and whatever calorie surplus or deficits I set. I measure what I need to put in my body based on what I do or don't do in the gym and how much move throughout the day.

Like I said a couple posts ago I track my body fat either once every two weeks or once every month when I can and based on weight lost and differences in body fat percentages I can see how much fat was lost. Really the percentage (since nowadays all I do is weightlifting) is an indicator of whether I still have enough fat in reserve to continue to increase weights in the gym or if I should change my routine for muscular maintenance as at a certain body fat % it is nearly impossible to get stronger which differs for everyone.

For your questions about meals all of that goes back to tracking macros and planning your meals. Depending on the restaurant it may be impossible to get a exact numbers but most chains now a days give you a breakdown of calories/protein/carbs/fat/sodium/potassium. This is where IIFYM can suck because you can't have everything (I miss ribs sooo much right now). At the end of the day you have to take a bit more of control of what's going in your body, customize if you can and plan at the beginning of your day what you plan to eat to meet your goals.

I can almost guarantee there is going to be a lot of hate on this answer so again, take it or leave it. And good luck with your goals.

There's no hate on the answer. The were actually the type of answers I was expecting to receive from you. Unfortunately you cannot see the purpose of the questions as it relates to your faulty advice.

When you're reading to get down with some real facts, some science feel free to call me out. Just use @MrM27‌ when you feel you're ready to take it to that level.

Haha agree to disagree. Done multiple sports, family of athletes and lots of different references to come up with what I use which again has worked for me and many others around me. Besides, based on your profile I haven't seen any points where you practice what you preach, so I'm good. Good luck with your goals.

LOL what does your profile pic show? I wanna hear this answer. This is the hypocrisy I am talking about.
  • upgradeddiddy
    upgradeddiddy Posts: 281 Member
    Options

Can you please explain?

Questions time:

Point out exactly where in my profile does it show that I don't practice what I preach.

Well besides the continuos comments of getting blocked, harassing people and mocking MFP all the things you claim I am wrong on its not like you practice doing anything else
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Can you please explain?

Not to interrupt the lively debate MrM and you are having, but this makes literally no sense.

Why would you assume that someone who is counting calories and weighing weekly is only making "food cuts here and there" and where exactly in your system do you account for weight fluctuations if you're sounding like you're responding to the scale by making food cuts unless you have huge losses?

• yopeeps025
    Options

Can you please explain?

Questions time:

Point out exactly where in my profile does it show that I don't practice what I preach.

Well besides the continuos comments of getting blocked, harassing people and mocking MFP all the things you claim I am wrong on its not like you practice doing anything else
    You have failed to answer the question. You said I don't practice what I preach. What am I preaching?
    I'm still waiting on what his photos show him preaching?
  • upgradeddiddy
    Options

Can you please explain? [/quote]

Sure, you have probably heard this a billion times but health and fitness is a lifestyle and not a short term goal. If you are just looking for that quick solution is cut down what you eat, drink more water and walk more and check in every month to adjust. If you really are committed to a health lifestyle that entails making sure that you pay close to your BMR and changing you calories based on that which means you do have to check your weight more frequently. Im a huge advocate of IIFYM and adjust every 3-4 days because of I am currently cutting weight (fancy term for calorie deficit to lose fat and retain as much muscle as I can). Anyone looking to lose weight the healthy way should really hit that scale once a week and make sure they are hitting calories by eatting the right foods and the proper balance of macronutrients (protein/carbohydrates/fat). If you want to know more add me and message me questions or you can take a look at my public diary for an idea of what I do.[/quote]

[/quote]

I can't believe people have jumped to "you must be eating too much!" and "Go lower on your calories!" when OP has only been at this for a week! You look young and tall in your photo, 1500 is probably a sensible target for you, so keep on for a bit. Cutting all the way back to 1200 sends many, many people to the forums wailing that they're staaaaaarving or that they broke down and ate an entire bag of candy in rebellion. 1500 is incredibly doable and attainable, so if you came to that number through TDEE calculators or MFP's, I bet it's a fine setting for you for now. I'm on 1500 and an old hag....still a deficit, still losing. If you still don't see changes in your weight or measurements after a month, then reconsider from there. [/quote]

[/quote]

Ha, again the weight itself is just a number to update my calculators to plan my meals so on any given day I can look and say "hey, maybe I can add a bowl of oatmeal here!" Or "okay let's NOT take that cookie" a little obsessive yes but my concern is meeting the proper calories and eating the right macro sources which is why I premised it by saying if you want to just "lose weight" once a month is fine. But if you are interested in a lifestyle you should know your weight on a weekly/biweekly basis and body fat on a biweekly/monthly basis. [/quote]

You just keep saying the same thing over and over. Knock it off. It's a ridiculous statement. Lose weight, weigh monthly. Be healthy weigh weekly. That's just a rule you made up that has no basis. [/quote]

Why so angry? I have my way and you have yours obviously. And yes I have my guidelines because they work for me. That's really the end of it for anyone for health and fitness is what works for them. There is no "ridiculous" ideas out there, hence why there is the community on here in the first place, share ideas and get different views. [/quote]

If they are your guidelines but you insist on promoting them to other people as the way they should do things then you should provide valid reasoning why your way is the way it should be and why doing the opposite is worse. Until then you will continue to get called out for nonsense. [/quote]

Apologies if I "insisted" anything, seems to have struck a nerve even though I don't think in any part of what I said where I said anything she was doing was wrong, I believe I said if it's just an overall weight loss goal do one thing if it's a lifestyle change do the other, but I digress... I just stated my opinion based on what has worked for me, what I have observed from others (whether athletic or non-athletic) and what I have read. You can choose to agree and apply it or you can choose to disagree and do something else ain't a thing to me what you do. But you have to be pretty weak minded to keep saying that someone's opinion is nonsense when at the end of the day it's an opinion and not one persons opinion is right or wrong because it's up to the individual to make a choice on what they choose to believe or not. But hey that's just my OPINION again smh[/quote]

And yet you still provide no facts as to why someone should weigh every 3 or 4 days to be heal th y and every month just to lose weight. Care to give it a shot?[/quote]

Fact: Your weight changes daily...Fact: Your activity levels change daily...Fact: You do not eat the same things daily (if you actually did we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.) So above anything else you caloric needs are going to change daily based on all of those factors. Now I don't expect myself or anyone on this thread to be changing their numbers daily because that is WAY too much but in achieving a healthy lifestyle (especially to someone just starting) you need to be checking your progress more frequently just so you get a grasp of your own diet, energy levels and how your body responds to those changes. Again that is a lifestyle change. If you are just looking to lose weight here and there and not take steps to really make a lifestyle change then yea, make you food cuts here and there and check up in a month to see if you need to change some more. Take it or leave it...[/quote]

Questions time:

If on let's say for instance the end of week 3 the night before the weigh in the person has a steak dinner with some vegetables and potatoes then weighs in. in week r the person does that exact same routine to the last calorie but on the night before the Monday weigh in they don't go to a steak dinner but instead the have no time for a meal like that so they have a Whey shake followed by a big salad with a variety of ingredients making sure that the calories and macros match the dinner form the week before, should the person see the same exact weight percentage drop being that all the numbers would be 100% identical? [/quote]

I can almost guarantee there is going to be a lot of hate on this answer so again, take it or leave it. And good luck with your goals.[/quote]

When you're reading to get down with some real facts, some science feel free to call me out. Just use @MrM27‌ when you feel you're ready to take it to that level. [/quote]

Haha agree to disagree. Done multiple sports, family of athletes and lots of different references to come up with what I use which again has worked for me and many others around me. Besides, based on your profile I haven't seen any points where you practice what you preach, so I'm good. Good luck with your goals.[/quote]

LOL what does your profile pic show? I wanna hear this answer. This is the hypocrisy I am talking about.
    [/quote]

Picture of my most recent leg day doing standing calf raises on the hack squat for 720lbs for 5 sets of 12.

Split for that day as follows:

Conventional Deadlifts: 5 sets of 8
    Lying hamstring curls: 5 sets of 8
    Kneeling hamstring curls: 5 sets of 8 each leg
    Standing calf raises (smith machine): 5 sets of 8
    Sitting calf raises (hack squat machine): pyramid set (8 sets adding 90 pounds after each set of 12) then 5 sets of 12 (really skinny calves so trying to add mass)
    Hack squat: 5 sets of 10
    Leg press: 5 sets of 10
    Front squats: 5 sets of 8

• yopeeps025
    edited March 2015
    Options

Can you please explain?

Sure, you have probably heard this a billion times but health and fitness is a lifestyle and not a short term goal. If you are just looking for that quick solution is cut down what you eat, drink more water and walk more and check in every month to adjust. If you really are committed to a health lifestyle that entails making sure that you pay close to your BMR and changing you calories based on that which means you do have to check your weight more frequently. Im a huge advocate of IIFYM and adjust every 3-4 days because of I am currently cutting weight (fancy term for calorie deficit to lose fat and retain as much muscle as I can). Anyone looking to lose weight the healthy way should really hit that scale once a week and make sure they are hitting calories by eatting the right foods and the proper balance of macronutrients (protein/carbohydrates/fat). If you want to know more add me and message me questions or you can take a look at my public diary for an idea of what I do.[/quote]

[/quote]

I can't believe people have jumped to "you must be eating too much!" and "Go lower on your calories!" when OP has only been at this for a week! You look young and tall in your photo, 1500 is probably a sensible target for you, so keep on for a bit. Cutting all the way back to 1200 sends many, many people to the forums wailing that they're staaaaaarving or that they broke down and ate an entire bag of candy in rebellion. 1500 is incredibly doable and attainable, so if you came to that number through TDEE calculators or MFP's, I bet it's a fine setting for you for now. I'm on 1500 and an old hag....still a deficit, still losing. If you still don't see changes in your weight or measurements after a month, then reconsider from there. [/quote]

[/quote]

Ha, again the weight itself is just a number to update my calculators to plan my meals so on any given day I can look and say "hey, maybe I can add a bowl of oatmeal here!" Or "okay let's NOT take that cookie" a little obsessive yes but my concern is meeting the proper calories and eating the right macro sources which is why I premised it by saying if you want to just "lose weight" once a month is fine. But if you are interested in a lifestyle you should know your weight on a weekly/biweekly basis and body fat on a biweekly/monthly basis. [/quote]

You just keep saying the same thing over and over. Knock it off. It's a ridiculous statement. Lose weight, weigh monthly. Be healthy weigh weekly. That's just a rule you made up that has no basis. [/quote]

Why so angry? I have my way and you have yours obviously. And yes I have my guidelines because they work for me. That's really the end of it for anyone for health and fitness is what works for them. There is no "ridiculous" ideas out there, hence why there is the community on here in the first place, share ideas and get different views. [/quote]

If they are your guidelines but you insist on promoting them to other people as the way they should do things then you should provide valid reasoning why your way is the way it should be and why doing the opposite is worse. Until then you will continue to get called out for nonsense. [/quote]

Apologies if I "insisted" anything, seems to have struck a nerve even though I don't think in any part of what I said where I said anything she was doing was wrong, I believe I said if it's just an overall weight loss goal do one thing if it's a lifestyle change do the other, but I digress... I just stated my opinion based on what has worked for me, what I have observed from others (whether athletic or non-athletic) and what I have read. You can choose to agree and apply it or you can choose to disagree and do something else ain't a thing to me what you do. But you have to be pretty weak minded to keep saying that someone's opinion is nonsense when at the end of the day it's an opinion and not one persons opinion is right or wrong because it's up to the individual to make a choice on what they choose to believe or not. But hey that's just my OPINION again smh[/quote]

And yet you still provide no facts as to why someone should weigh every 3 or 4 days to be heal th y and every month just to lose weight. Care to give it a shot?[/quote]

Fact: Your weight changes daily...Fact: Your activity levels change daily...Fact: You do not eat the same things daily (if you actually did we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.) So above anything else you caloric needs are going to change daily based on all of those factors. Now I don't expect myself or anyone on this thread to be changing their numbers daily because that is WAY too much but in achieving a healthy lifestyle (especially to someone just starting) you need to be checking your progress more frequently just so you get a grasp of your own diet, energy levels and how your body responds to those changes. Again that is a lifestyle change. If you are just looking to lose weight here and there and not take steps to really make a lifestyle change then yea, make you food cuts here and there and check up in a month to see if you need to change some more. Take it or leave it...[/quote]

Questions time:

If on let's say for instance the end of week 3 the night before the weigh in the person has a steak dinner with some vegetables and potatoes then weighs in. in week r the person does that exact same routine to the last calorie but on the night before the Monday weigh in they don't go to a steak dinner but instead the have no time for a meal like that so they have a Whey shake followed by a big salad with a variety of ingredients making sure that the calories and macros match the dinner form the week before, should the person see the same exact weight percentage drop being that all the numbers would be 100% identical? [/quote]

I can almost guarantee there is going to be a lot of hate on this answer so again, take it or leave it. And good luck with your goals.[/quote]

When you're reading to get down with some real facts, some science feel free to call me out. Just use @MrM27‌ when you feel you're ready to take it to that level. [/quote]

Haha agree to disagree. Done multiple sports, family of athletes and lots of different references to come up with what I use which again has worked for me and many others around me. Besides, based on your profile I haven't seen any points where you practice what you preach, so I'm good. Good luck with your goals.[/quote]

[/quote]

Picture of my most recent leg day doing standing calf raises on the hack squat for 720lbs for 5 sets of 12.

Sitting calf raises (hack squat machine): pyramid set (8 sets adding 90 pounds after each set of 12) then 5 sets of 12 (really skinny calves so trying to add mass)

[/quote]

Wrong picture shows weight on a bar. Not you doing it. Try again. I'm not that naive or gullible.

Why are you showing me your workout that still does not answer the question of what your photos show you preaching?
  • upgradeddiddy
    Options

Can you please explain?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Questions time:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wrong picture shows weight on a bar. Not you doing it. Try again. I'm not that naive or gullible.
    [/quote]

Fair enough haha, not like a selfie would should enough to prove it either and I don't have spotters. I understand you skepticism because it's probably something that you can't do so better to disbelieve for your own sanity and pride than give the benefit of the doubt
  • jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    OP in conclusion give it some time, 1 week is still too early to know if what you are doing is working.....and disregard the arguing.

check this out:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • yopeeps025
    Options

Can you please explain?

[/quote]

Questions time:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fair enough haha, not like a selfie would should enough to prove it either and I don't have spotters. I understand you skepticism because it's probably something that you can't do so better to disbelieve for your own sanity and pride than give the benefit of the doubt[/quote]

Well my photos show I lost weight which. Actually my photos show the "cutting" term you use. Facts still remains that you called someone out who got more to show in his photos than you do. You get called out and squirm like you have since we started this. Like I said I see why he does this. It's fun.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    PATIENCE
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    3sj0qk.jpg
  • yopeeps025
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sweet so I will go take a photo of 500 on the bench press. Pass it like I can do it and say well people will give me benefit over doubt. That not how it works. That might be the only thing I learn out of this debate.

I also learned to make assumptions about what people can and cannot do in a debate.
  • upgradeddiddy
    Options

Questions time:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why are you showing me your workout that still does not answer the question of what your photos show you preaching?[/quote]

1) because I don't have a gym pic to show you that shows off my body like that (I took my profile pic because I was proud of myself for completing 13 sets after 2 other hard calf exercises)

2) seems kind of strange that you are that desperate for a picture of bother dude

3) I just started my cut March 3 after a 9 month bulk since I am just weightlifting/bodybuilding but if you really are that desperate here are several all me between 185-215 pounds during my time as a No-Gi jiu jitsu competitor and just doing sports or whatever. There have been points where I have fallen off the wagon like after herniating 3 discs in my back but I have always gotten back down, mainly due to tracking my foods (back then manually paper and pen) and making adjustments.

Squirm? Don't make me laughxs6x41dcjtj5.jpg
    hnihk5nc7zpl.jpg
    lsifm5fqxybb.jpg
    4g455eraby5r.jpg
    mwlg2983wzom.jpg

• upgradeddiddy
    Options
    The quoting skills has diminished drastically.

I'm still not sure what I preached that I don't practice. Weird.

I have a picture of leg day too. My picture moves though and I'm in it.

Respect. And good stuff on the PR. I retract my previous statement but it would be good if that type of stuff was on your page to motivate.
  • overin2015
    overin2015 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this posted earlier. Can't see it. I would say go weigh. Yes doing what you are doing you may have lost 1lb. You may have lost 1/2 and that's great too or you may have lost nothing yet which means you may have success just around the corner. Either way the journey I am finding is all about consistency. If you are wondering - go weigh and congratulate yourself on sticking with something regardless of the number. What if you weighed today and it showed no loss and you got discouraged and then tomorrow it registered the 1lb. Don't be afraid. It's your amazing body and it will try to move towards healthy every time you let it is what I am seeing from all these success stories.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    You guys are making me do some homework. I see if someone can hold my phone and record me deadlift today. I mind as well use it as a form check to.

Then again I never really made any points during this debate. I just question statements that seem really off.

Since you want to assume things would you like to assume how much I can deadlift?