I found my "replacement" for ice cream!

13»

Replies

• wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    thank you for the tip! I haven't had a DQ blizzard since i started this process, 9 months ago. That's the only one of my old vices i still yearn for on a regular basis... this may just scratch that itch, AND provide me with a new way to get my potassium.
  • spoonyspork
    spoonyspork Posts: 238 Member
    120g banana (before anything added): 107kcal

1/2 cup Edy's Slow Churned Chocolate Ice cream: 100kcal

between the two, I'd rather have the Edy's. But given a choice, I'd blend the two together. In fact, now this is happening tonight :D
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Sydking wrote: »
    I do this. So much better than any banana gelato

I prefer this to most ice creams anyway

Put a dash of coconut cream or milk is nice.

Then i add crush salted cashews.

Fit it into your macros otherwise jsut eat it and move on :)

I... what?

• Lezavargas
    Lezavargas Posts: 223 Member
    Only on these forums will the trolls come out when someone posts a great healthy alternative. Im going to try it! Thank you!
  • spoonyspork
    spoonyspork Posts: 238 Member
    ^ But it's not a 'healthy' alternative. If you don't want it to just taste like banana, after you've added everything it's nearly the same nutrition as ice cream, but with potassium. Matter of fact, 1/2 cup mashed bananas has exactly the same calories, sugar, and fiber as 1/2 cup Edy's Slow Churned ice cream (though note 1/2 cup ice cream and 1/2 cup bananas weigh different). The ice cream has higher protein and calcium where the banana has potassium and vit C.

So clearly, the answer is you need to mix them, unless you have a dairy allergy.

Speaking of: 50g of banana plus 90g Edy's Slow Churned chocolate ice cream made probably the best textured ice cream I've ever had. Wonder if I could put it in a frosting decorating bag and serve out a 'pretty' soft-serve cone...
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Lezavargas wrote: »
    Only on these forums will the trolls come out when someone posts a great healthy alternative. Im going to try it! Thank you!

that's not a great alternative- and it's certainly not "healthier".

Also- welcome to MFP- you must be new here.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Ugh. More mashed bananas. Man. So sad.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    MrM27 wrote: »

Wasn't it just a few hours ago that you said people on this site were rude but now you are calling people trolls?

To be fair, I DO hear someone trip-trapping across my bridge. But that might just be the chipmunk family that has taken up residence in the rain spout, I can't be sure.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member

That's a pretty rude statement. :|
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member

But it isn't a healthy alternative...

Also...

DBC0C3FD-E1C5-4075-AB5E-4F185FAD24C6.jpg
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited March 2015
    i'm sure someone already said this, but why not just eat ice cream? i started my fitness journey similarly - trying to find alternatives, not allowing myself certain things. now i follow IIFYM where i make sure to hit my macros and get the proper micronutrients. this doesn't mean i eat garbage all day long, but if i want to i can easily have a serving of ice cream a day.
  • jasonraygagnon
    jasonraygagnon Posts: 86 Member
    Thank you for posting. This is definitely happening this weekend!!