Harry Potter Weight Loss Challenge - Slytherin

Options

Replies

• stressd1mom
    stressd1mom Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Sorry my fellow Slytherins. I am up 0.8 lbs this week. I am a little disappointed but I think I was leveling off from losing over 5 lbs last week. I updated my weight in the spreadsheet, Good luck everybody!
  • ActiveFaith10
    ActiveFaith10 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Challenges for this week:

Food challenge:
    Try to get at least 4 different colors in your meals this week. Different colored foods have different nutrients so the more colorful your plate the more different nutrients you are getting! :)

Exercise Challenge:
    Try to do at least two days worth of strength training this week (doesnt have to be extreme, just must work on muscle building rather than or in addition to cardio.) :)

copied from uno!
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Lost 2 pounds this week! updated my weight on the chart and I am ready to go. I am slowly lowering my sodium intake goal. right now I am at 2200 instead of 2500 and later in the week I am lowering it to 2000 and so on and so forth until I get down to 1500 as a goal. had a great day today. I'm off to do some Zumba now! See ya'll later. Oh, for the week's challenge I didn't do too well, there was only one day here where it was nice enough to get outside. It rained all week except for Friday and it was also quite chilly, although thursday and friday it was in the 80s both days. For michigan that is great!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Sorry everyone, this week has not been good and I posted a gain. I think this weekend killed me and I am not totally sure why. Like someone else said their body may be leveling out since I lost many pounds the last week in April. Some good news, I was able to work out harder today than I have in a while due to a knee injury that occurred back in March. I was able to do an exercise that I have not done since before the injury. Hopefully, I will get back on track and start losing again simply because the weight gain is playing havoc with my motivation and self-confidence.

I posted my weight on the spread sheet.
  • Melk967
    Melk967 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've been majorly busy this week so I didn't have much time to workout, and I had lots of social stuff this weekend so I didn't eat too well. I lost .6 lbs, but because I rounded my first two weigh ins, I didn't lose any weight :( sorry..... but I bought a heart rate monitor this week and a new exercise DVD :)
  • happybunnysbabe57
    happybunnysbabe57 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    wtg all and keep up the good work. sorry to those of u who didnt lose, but its just the beginning still. also i hope everyone with injuries gets well soon. i have been trying hard but my weightloss has really slowed down. i only lost .6 of a lb. but i am happy to say i am off my plato because of this challenge. so thank u all for support and keeping me going when i thought i was stuck forever and about to give up. i found this challenge just in time and am slowly getting back on track thank u all.
  • shellybeelee
    Options
    Good work everyone. We should have our percentages worked out tomorrow but i'm glad to see so many people sticking to this. If you didn't lose, don't give up. Just keep on going =D. and do not feel bad about only losing a pound or even less than that. Good weight loss is .5 to 2 pounds a week. This is competition, but don't forget that you are accomplishing something every time you lose even an ounce =)

and a nice thought about harry potter

Remember that time when Fred and George repeatedly hit Voldemort in the face with snowballs?

“Christmas was coming. One morning in mid-December, Hogwarts woke to find itself covered in several feet of snow. The lake froze solid and the Weasley twins were punished for bewitching several snowballs so that they followed Quirrell around, bouncing off the back of his turban.”
  • pixieofdoom
    pixieofdoom Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I can't get into the spreadsheet but I'm two pounds down this week
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Once again I suck at logging into MFP on Sunday! :(

I can't get into the spreadsheet, so can someone update for me? My CW is now 148.8!

Thank you so much :) Hope everyone has an awesome week!
  • dawnkitchen
    dawnkitchen Posts: 161
    Options
    Question!

If abs are made in the kitchen (and not the gym) - what's the recipe?
  • ActiveFaith10
    ActiveFaith10 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    is anybody out there?????
  • shellybeelee
    Options
    alright our percentage. .44%. Not bad guys. Like i said. Its a competition but that doesn't mean we should lose too quickly. I'm proud of all of you =D
  • shellybeelee
    Options
    Hey guys I updated the spreadsheet. The formulas are different now so they will automatically update everything. Took a while to work it out but that should stop the confusion. =D we did only get .44 percent this week. But thats okay. Heads up and lets take on the new week. Good news.. We didn't lose too much this week so we have even a better chance of getting a good percentage this week. Give it your all and think about the final goal everyone =)

tumblr_llbmoyyjU41qalgweo1_500.jpg

hope that pic worked lol
  • MrsFantastic
    Options
    I am at 171. Leveling out, I will push harder eat better. Slimmer snacks slender slacks.
  • arwensb
    arwensb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Had a great day yesterday - stuck to my meal plan for the day and got in more exercise than I thought I would. Did a Chiseled workout and then 45 minutes on the elliptical with intermittent sprints to keep the heart rate up.
    Planned to start a nine day cleanse this morning (actually did start it). But I realized that it might not be a good thing to be on the cleanse day today because I am getting ink tonight. Might end up just eating really lightly and pushing lots of water today and restarting the cleanse in a couple of days when the tattoo is healing nicely.
  • happybunnysbabe57
    Options
    Had a great day yesterday - stuck to my meal plan for the day and got in more exercise than I thought I would. Did a Chiseled workout and then 45 minutes on the elliptical with intermittent sprints to keep the heart rate up.
    Planned to start a nine day cleanse this morning (actually did start it). But I realized that it might not be a good thing to be on the cleanse day today because I am getting ink tonight. Might end up just eating really lightly and pushing lots of water today and restarting the cleanse in a couple of days when the tattoo is healing nicely.

so what tattoo r u getting if u dont mind me asking??
  • arwensb
    Options
    I had one refurbished that I have had for about 13 years. So, not new ink but it is so nice to see it all shiny and bright again. It is a custom piece with lots of vines, butterflies, flowers and a crescent moon. Now that I have gotten that one fixed I have my sights on some new art in the next couple of months...
  • arwensb
    Options
    I had one refurbished that I have had for about 13 years. So, not new ink but it is so nice to see it all shiny and bright again. It is a custom piece with lots of vines, butterflies, flowers and a crescent moon. Now that I have gotten that one fixed I have my sights on some new art in the next couple of months...
    In case you are interested, I put a picture in my profile... :-)
  • happybunnysbabe57
    Options
    so it is thur 2:33am here where i am. so we r half way through the week. how is everyone doing with they workout and eating?? do u have any awesome foods u love or workouts u r sweating to please share. i am addicted to orange cream icecream bars they r only 110cals i love them. i just got the jillian michels 30 day shed and i will be trying it soon. but for now i am playing just dance2 for wii and zumba for wii. cant wait to switch it up for 30 day shed..
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Amongst my other workouts, I've done an extra kettlebells workout. Kettlebells is a great way of combining cardio and strength, and you can burn upto 20 calories PER MINUTE. (I underestimated my burn as I'm getting my HRM next week - yay!). Also went to an abs class (never done one before) and now my tummy HURTS! But it's worth it - my core strength sucks! Spinning is still my favourite workout though :D Food wise, I've had steak twice this week, with a white wine and chilli sauce (if anybody is UK based, I have a recipe I can share - it's super quick!) - it was delicious!