Do you have cake on your birthday

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    rebasue55 wrote: »
    Sunday is my birthday and I've been debating whether I should have a piece of cake with everyone. I think...it's my bday, I deserve it. But on the otherhand are all the calories worth the 2 minutes of delicious cake? I'm thinking no.

What do you do?

Have your cake and enjoy it :) We never know when is going to be our last one so we should enjoy every min of our lives :)

It's possible to enjoy life without cake. Thinking we need sweets in order have enjoyment sounds a bit disordered.

More so than a position that one "needs to exercise"?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Sunday is my birthday and I've been debating whether I should have a piece of cake with everyone. I think...it's my bday, I deserve it. But on the otherhand are all the calories worth the 2 minutes of delicious cake? I'm thinking no.

What do you do?

Have your cake and enjoy it :) We never know when is going to be our last one so we should enjoy every min of our lives :)

It's possible to enjoy life without cake. Thinking we need sweets in order have enjoyment sounds a bit disordered.

Getting enjoyment out of sweets is disordered?
    No, that's not what I said.
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    OP, I'm buying cupcakes right now in honour of your birthday on Sunday and I will still lose weight this week! Cheers!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

What do you do?

or conversely, enjoying any food would be disordered, because enjoyment???
  • laura3977
    laura3977 Posts: 191 Member
    Options

What do you do?

You have managed to stress me out on a Friday.

OP - If you like and enjoy cake, then by all means have it on your birthday! :smile: I hope you have a wonderful birthday with friends and family and yummy cake!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

What do you do?

More so than a position that one "needs to exercise"?

Of course. Without it we all risk losing muscle and bone and mobility and flexibility.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    The_Sandra wrote: »
    No. I have pie. Pie > cake

Yes, pie always wins! Especially strawberry-rhubarb...

This is a sensible post.
  • Beautifulbridgittlee7
    Beautifulbridgittlee7 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    It depends, I had cupcakes on my birthday and cheesecake, it was great.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

What do you do?

am i still disordered if i don't enjoy the cake?
  • djasper73
    djasper73 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It's your birthday once a year; if you want a piece of cake, have a piece of cake. Like has been said countless times in this thread, one day of enjoying something special isn't going to derail everything you've done. People get too hung up on things.
  • jules92761
    jules92761 Posts: 55 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'd say look at it like a lifestyle. Are you never going to have cake again - of course not. Have a piece of cake if you want it. Maybe account for it in what you eat the rest of the day - say if you are having a celebration dinner and cake, maybe go lighter at lunch and breakfast. Maybe exercise a little bit more. And the next day move back on to your plan. :smile:
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    The amount of cake I eat on my birthday is not my problem. Eat the cake.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    Well, it is Friday so I guess a thread about cake getting controversial is to be expected *shakes head*
    If you really enjoy cake, by all means have a small piece, log it, and get on with your day. And by the way, happy birthday!
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Happy almost birthday! Your sweating a "piece" of cake? I'd eat at least half of it! I enjoy b-days and holidays w no guilt!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    skullshank wrote: »

What do you do?

am i still disordered if i don't enjoy the cake?

I'm not sure, let's wait till the person defining who is disorder and who isn't responds.

sounds like a plan.
    in the meantime i will exercise, since i NEED to do that.