Do you have cake on your birthday

Options

Replies

• AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    rebasue55 wrote: »
    Sunday is my birthday and I've been debating whether I should have a piece of cake with everyone. I think...it's my bday, I deserve it. But on the otherhand are all the calories worth the 2 minutes of delicious cake? I'm thinking no.

What do you do?
    I eat the cake and everything else, always. Holidays, birthdays and special occasions are good things and meant to be celebrated with food, friends and family. Live it up, enjoy and get back on track the next day.

Health is the result of what you do everyday; happiness is eating the cake on special occasions. Both are important!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    This thread is seriously lacking in cake pictures...
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    YES! and on my friends' & fam's birthdays too! Just balance it out.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    Sunday is my birthday and I've been debating whether I should have a piece of cake with everyone. I think...it's my bday, I deserve it. But on the otherhand are all the calories worth the 2 minutes of delicious cake? I'm thinking no.

What do you do?

Have your cake and enjoy it :) We never know when is going to be our last one so we should enjoy every min of our lives :)

It's possible to enjoy life without cake. Thinking we need sweets in order have enjoyment sounds a bit disordered.

More so than a position that one "needs to exercise"?

Of course. Without it we all risk losing muscle and bone and mobility and flexibility.

Does every adult that is not overweight without medical issues exercise?

How would I know what every adult does? And I'm not interested in hijacking the thread.

OP, if you want cake on your birthday, then enjoy. If, as you said, it's not worth it to you, then enjoy your day without cake. It's your life, live it as you want.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I don't really like cake, but I'd settle for some pie and ice cream...

Yes, I give myself a pass 1 day a year and it's my Bday. Eat what you want. It's literally 1 day out of 365.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

The cake I made for my son's birthday last weekend. It's a s'mores cake - graham cracker cake layers, filled with toasted marshmallow buttercream, frosted in chocolate marshmallow, edible campfire on top. A masterpiece, if I may say so myself.

unnamed_zpsmweqfqjg.jpg

And yes, I ate a piece. More than once.
  • WinoGelato
    Options

The cake I made for my son's birthday last weekend. It's a s'mores cake - graham cracker cake layers, filled with toasted marshmallow buttercream, frosted in chocolate marshmallow, edible campfire on top. A masterpiece, if I may say so myself.

unnamed_zpsmweqfqjg.jpg

That is adorable, I love the edible fire!

@Lishie_rebooted thanks for obliging!

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options

unnamed_zpsmweqfqjg.jpg

That is adorable, I love the edible fire!

@Lishie_rebooted thanks for obliging!

Those were just what I had easily accessible, too lazy to go through my phone for more lol

I once made a red velvet cake from scratch on a Saturday night because I had all of the ingredients and I was bored
  • MrsWQLittle
    MrsWQLittle Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Don't think of foods of any kind as something that you can't have. Just be prepared to do the work for your splurges.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    I can contribute! I had one of these last night (actually halves of two different ones) and it wasn't even my birthday!

ckyvtq8hh3qa.jpg
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    if you want to have a slice then you definitely should ! plus i believe birthday cakes are zero calories on your birthday ;)
  • Karley_Chochard
    Karley_Chochard Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    make the watermelon cake!
  • Katerina9408
    Katerina9408 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

What do you do?

Have your cake and enjoy it :) We never know when is going to be our last one so we should enjoy every min of our lives :)

It's possible to enjoy life without cake. Thinking we need sweets in order have enjoyment sounds a bit disordered.

Getting enjoyment out of sweets is disordered?
    Yeah my thoughts exactly :D What isso bad in treating yourself from timeto time, especially on your birtday....if u think nonstop about cal and that something will make you fat you will get crazy... and we aren't here to get crazy right ? :D
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    These are for you Kruggeri - I made cakes for a living in a past life. This is why I'm now fond of pies! LOL

f0425056-Jaimes%20Bear%20Cake%201_zps9jrimc1s.jpg

f0429584-Jamies%20Cake_zps1n7ce45r.jpg

f0431416-Rilees%20Cake%20Betty_zpsaf5nbxr0.jpg
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    make the watermelon cake!

That's not cake. That's a watermelon.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    If you're going for pie instead, might as well go for broke.

Smores-Brownie-Pie1.jpg
    http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2013/05/06/smores-brownie-pie/

(i am so totally making this for july 4th!)
  • Ramireztra41
    Options
    Yes! If you want cake then eat it. There is nothing wrong with having a day that you do not worry about what you eat or how much from time to time. It isn't going to make you suddenly gain weight. Go out to eat, have some cake and ice cream or pie and ice cream. I do a day every week that I don't worry about what I eat and I am still losing an average of 2lbs a week. I still log it so I am mindful of serving sizes and after dieting you will find that you are satisfied quicker. I use to eat 3 pieces of pizza and 2 bread sticks on our family pizza night. Now I find that I am full after 1 bread stick and 1 piece of pizza. So while the food may not be the best choice I actually still stay with in budget. Eat and enjoy that cake.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

unnamed_zpsmweqfqjg.jpg

That is a wonderful cake.