You look so much younger! Wow!
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    WOW! That is truly amazing! HIGH FIVE!
  • lesstratford
    lesstratford Posts: 113 Member
    jillglw wrote: »
    Wow! So incredible. You look fantastic!
    I have 150lbs to lose (i'm 14 down woo) but have just felt like I'm never going to make it. Everyone has said to me to get the bypass, but it's not something I'm willing to risk as I am my kid's only mama and don't want to die on an operating table. I also don't want to die from being morbidly obese either hence this last month of getting my nutrition in order. Thank you for showing me it can be done naturally!

First congrats on the 14 lost so far. Yes it can be done! You have lost almost 10% of what you need to lose, don't look at it as just 14.
    Here is to your continued success.
  • dinobomp
    dinobomp Posts: 170 Member
    You are beyond awesome!!! What a wonderful turnaround! You have done an extraordinary job of reclaiming your life. I am extremely happy for you! It must feel great to know what you have accomplished. . . You ARE a MFP Superhero!!! ☀️
  • saladfairy
    saladfairy Posts: 10 Member
    Okay, if you can lose weight for 5 YEARS I can do it for 5 months. If you can lose 300+ pounds, I can lose 30. You are an amazing role model and inspiration! I'm totally sending you a friend request. :)
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Continue to enjoy all that you have accomplished, and then some :-) A wonderful success story!!! Thank you for sharing!
  • KimPenuelas
    KimPenuelas Posts: 15 Member
    Wow, very inspiring. You look fabulous :)
  • lesstratford
    saladfairy wrote: »
    Okay, if you can lose weight for 5 YEARS I can do it for 5 months. If you can lose 300+ pounds, I can lose 30. You are an amazing role model and inspiration! I'm totally sending you a friend request. :)

Awesome! My entire focus was to get fit. I knew to do that my body would have to shed fat, fat and more fat.
  • You are truly an inspiration..keep it up!
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Your smile says it all - kudos on an inspiring achievement!
  • lolalament
    lolalament Posts: 73 Member
    That's fantastic!

I hope you don't mind, but I've shared your story on my "wall" to help a friend who's struggling with motivation
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    So inspiring! Thanks for sharing!!
  • jigglyjessica
    jigglyjessica Posts: 58 Member
    So inspiring! You look so happy :)
  • leecha2014
    leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
    edited March 2015
    That is outstanding!!!! What an incredible achievement!!!
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Awesome!
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Amazing transformation!
  • MonoJKA
    MonoJKA Posts: 55 Member
    Damn nice job man.
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    edited March 2015
    Awesome! My entire focus was to get fit. I knew to do that my body would have to shed fat, fat and more fat.
    Wonderful job, Les. I had pulmonary embolisms in November of 2009, just a few months before you. I was actually in relatively good condition at the time, and got progressively fatter after that. I wasn't actually concerned about my health until I was out of breath when walking up the stairs to go to bed, not out of breath from another pulmonary embolism, but from becoming so out of shape and fat. Since I woke up, I have also been dedicated to getting back into shape and loving life and fitness again. It is a tremendous opportunity to live life to the fullest! I so enjoy being fit again and can see that you do too. Thanks for sharing your story and being an inspiration for others. You did a great job and I hope many will follow your example!

• lesstratford
    Robertus wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing your story and being an inspiration for others. You did a great job and I hope many will follow your example!

Thank you. A few month ago I spoke near the very hospital where I flat lined. It was such an emotional day and way out of my comfort zone. But people were genuinely moved, so in the end it was worth it.
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!