The Truth About Calories.

Options
I've recently lost 1/2 a stone and have been working out as I played Carnival in February this year. Now I no longer have the threat of a teeny, tiny carnival costume hanging over my head, I've been eating all the naughty stuff. The difficulty for me lies in keeping motivated when you have reached your goal and I've slipped a bit, but am ready to jump back on the wagon!!!

Just wanted to share this great documentary I recently watched on bbciplayer as it has me motivated again. It's called "The Truth About Calories" and you can find it on bbciplayer. Hope it helps to keep you away from the chips, chocolate and cheesecake!!!!!

:)

Replies

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    It's science lite. A mixture of interesting facts and utter nonsense.

Chips, cheese, and cheesecake are all fine in moderation. It's not the food that is the problem, it's the amounts they're eaten in.

And thread.

• vitaminski
    Options
    Of course I knew all of these things already, just found it a good reminder to help me get back on track and wanted to share it with everyone else. If you did not find it helpful, I'm sure there will be another post that will suit you.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Already on track and agree with @herrspoons 90% utter nonsense. Sorry..

It is preached and preached and preached.... eat less AMOUNTS of food. DONE.

I predict this thread will go into 6 pages of also utter nonsense about nonsense. Will end that right here....
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    vitaminski wrote: »
    Of course I knew all of these things already, just found it a good reminder to help me get back on track and wanted to share it with everyone else. If you did not find it helpful, I'm sure there will be another post that will suit you.

He gave you his input on the documentary, and you get mad? Mmkay.
    If the documentary will help keep me away from the yummy foods in life, it already sounds suspect. Pass.
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I refuse to watch anything that will get between me and cheesecake.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Dividing information into categories "that which I consider helpful" and "that which I consider unhelpful" is far inferior to the categories "information which is accurate" and "information which is inaccurate."

When someone is telling you something about weight loss (or anything), "Do I think this will help me?" should only be determined after the information is found to be valid.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

But, spreading nonsense isn't helpful. In fact, it can be downright harmful.

Of course you liked it, it confirmed your biases.
  • vitaminski
    Options
    I only suggested this because I found it helpful. Please feel free to ignore it. Have a nice weekend. :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    How many of you watched the documentary?
    What are your objections to it?
  • curlylocks302
    curlylocks302 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    @vitaminski Everyone on these forums are hangry. Don't take it personal. Unless you go to one of the fun threads you will be attacked and belittled. Even if you are honestly trying to help.

I have been sucked into their negativity a few times and have been snarky myself. I admit it. I am working on staying out of those discussions.

Congrats on the weight loss and I'm sure you look amazing in your costume. <3
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »

I didn't watch the documentary. I object to the idea that we should evaluate information on whether or not it is helpful to us instead of whether it is accurate.
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    sgthaggard wrote: »
    I refuse to watch anything that will get between me and cheesecake.
    If cheesecake is wrong, I don't want to be right.

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,087 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »

I did not watch it - OP hopes it will help me stay away from chocolate and cheesecake.
    - I do not want to stay away from those things.
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    smh at responses. Thanks for the post, @vitaminski Keep doing what works for YOU :)
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    OP is saying they will never again eat a single bite of cheesecake, not one chip will ever go into their mouth, and will never again experience the taste Of chocolate. Because "a documentary" told her she has to stay away from those things.

Good for them. Me? Imma have a Cadbury egg later.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

If the OP watches enough documentaries eventually nothing will be eaten.

It's true, they have a documentary for everything now. Definitely "helpful" for weight loss.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I can't watch the documentary. Not in the UK, shady means of watching iPlayer haven't worked for me.

If I want cheesecake, I'm going to eat it in moderation.