Personal Trainer available for free advice

Options

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Hi @gia07 if your soreness is unusually painful , then yes do rest for a couple of days. Also check if you do arms after a back or chest day then that could be a reason why you are feeling like these. the arms get an indirect workout on chest and back days

It only started when I changed things around and I think I may have overworked them and your advice to do arms after back and chest is great. I think I will take a rest until Monday and try, try again!

It is not really painful it does feel like over worked!

You taking the time to do this on a Saturday is really awesome and many thanks..
  • FMPT1
    FMPT1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi @mugser how many times a week do you workout? what kind of workout, what is your diet like? getting a shredded 6 pack is not easy but not impossible, but it is 80% diet.

training 4-5 times week, Balanced program of cardio and lifting and being at a caloric deficit of 500 calories per day while consuming a healthy diet , of good carbs, protein and fats. If you want a 6pack alcohol and junk food should be limited if not eliminated for a good 12 weeks.

another thing , the shredded abs on those fitness models only last for the day pf the photoshoot, you can be at around 9-14% body fat and still have visible great abs that are easy to maintain. trying to maintain 6-8% body fat year round is unhealthy and very hard unless your making money of it i.e being a fitness model
  • FMPT1
    Options
    @Gia07 you are very welcome! yeah just make sure that arms are a day apart from chest or back to avoid overworking them
  • FMPT1
    Options
    katie5524 wrote: »
    Be my new best friend lol I'm so lost

sure ask away :)
  • FMPT1
    Options
    Another reason why you haven't lost weight is because your body is still at a newbie type of phase if exercising was something you haven't done in a while. During this phase your body burns fat while building muscle at the same time. This does not last long only a couple of months. I am sure you got stronger through theses 2 months and your endurance and ability to perform those less mills workouts improved.

Hey, thanks for doing this.

I think the same thing you said to a previous user might e happening to me (I hope I quoted your text correctly). Can you elaborate a bit on this, please? Because I too am eating at a deficit (aimed for fat loss), but am strength training and doing some hiit (aimed for muscle build... or at least maintaining my current musculature). So when the body has to both.... what happens?

Thanks again for your time and input!!

Hi this phase does not last long only 1-2 months. The body is "confused" and tries to adapt to exercise and for a little while it burns fat while maintaining and build muscle mass. So if you are not losing weight after this then you have to really experiment with your deficit until you are losing 1 pound week. It is all bout being accurate with measuring your food and logging it. It can be a tedious process but it is a good way to find out what works or not for your specific goals.

• sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I'm a about 4 workouts in to NROLFW - so new to lifting. Is the goal to be sore after each workout? If I'm not sore, does that mean I'm not lifting enough?
  • FMPT1
    Options
    Hi @sistrspkrl yes soreness does intake that your muscles have had a workout, there are various degrees of soreness that you might experience depending on the workout, hydration, diet, post workout stretching and foam rolling. If every now and then you don't experience soreness that does not mean that you did not have a good workout. There should always be progressive overload in your program, that does not mean that you should increase the weight on every work out but def every 2 weeks you should be able to notice increases in reps and slight increase in strength.

Hope this helps
    alexis
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Thanks Alexis, that's helpful!
  • SophiaSerrao
    SophiaSerrao Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi this phase does not last long only 1-2 months. The body is "confused" and tries to adapt to exercise and for a little while it burns fat while maintaining and build muscle mass. So if you are not losing weight after this then you have to really experiment with your deficit until you are losing 1 pound week. It is all bout being accurate with measuring your food and logging it. It can be a tedious process but it is a good way to find out what works or not for your specific goals.

Okay, I think I have it. So for 1-2 months, weight loss might not show as accurately, but after this, it should. If it doesn't, I have to reevaluate my deficit. Cool. Thanks <=)

• leez839
    leez839 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi first of all very kind of you giving free advices .so i am 21 yrs old females with PCOs .So can you please suggest a work out plan for me to follow preferably a treadmill workout plan ,and a diet plan also.Women with PCO tend to reduce weight very slowly and gain easily.Thankyou
  • FMPT1
    Options
    Hi @leez839 To begin with start jogging 3 times a week for 30 mins at a pace where you can hold a conversation. You can then up them to 4 and slowly up the the time to 40 mins. This will be a good start to get you into exercising if you are new to it and then you can start doing High intensity interval training if you like or even introduce resistance training. I understand PCO can make it hard to lose weight so you will have to pay extra attention to your eating. So eating a balance diet of fruit. veg, good carbs, fats and protein and avoiding processed and junk food will really help you and even relieve some of the symptoms of PCO. Get in the habit of logging your food on this website and use the calculator to find out how many calories you should eat to lose weight. Losing 1-2 pounds per week at most will be a safe and healthy way to lose weight.

Hope this helps

Alexis
  • creasys_bean2011
    creasys_bean2011 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    @leez839‌ looking aip diet or autoimmune paleo protocol.
    I have pcos and gained 65lbs in 3 months. It's been 3 years of heavy working out and never any movement in weight- I started this diet and I'm 10 weeks in and down 21 lbs. More importantly I feel amazing. It's not forever and it's strict but has science to back it up.
    Just a suggestion!
  • paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    paradi3s wrote: »
    I'm 18, 5'4 and 108 lbs. Currently maintaining at 1,750 (sedentary lifestyle). Been a long time since I worked out but want to do so again to tone my body. What I want to do is to start lifting 3x a week (45mins), along with bodyweight training & cardio 3x a week (45 mins each). During the times I work out, I plan to eat 2,250 cals a day and 1,800 during rest days, which is almost 14k cals a week. My question is if this is okay to do and if I'll gain weight from it? I just aim to maintain, and basically "recomp". Thank you! :-)

Hi, so are you planning to start working out 6 times a week?

If yes my advice is to slowly work up to 6 times i.e first two weeks 3 times , the next two 4 and slowly build up to 6 to avoid injury. Also try to increase your calories only by 300 to begin with and see how your body is changing. Do not be in a rush to up the calories too fast to avoid any fat gain. We all respond to exercise and diet differently so by taking a slow progressive approach you will get a better idea of what works and what does not for your body type. good luck on your fitness journey.

I hope this helps

Alexis

I'm planning to workout maybe 3-5x a week. I'll probably start working out and consume 1800 a day tomorrow and see where this takes me. Then will increase my cal intake by 100 per week during the days I workout (at least burn 600 cals every workout). Thank you! :-)
  • justjack18
    justjack18 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hey! Thanks so much for offering your advice. I have about 20 pounds to lose before I want to start to build up muscle. What workout routine is best for now for me? Cardio strength ect? I've been doing circuit training 30 day shred and like it so far. Also, I notice if I eat more than 1000 calories I gain weight. Could this be a metabolism problem do you know? Thanks for your help! :)
  • FMPT1
    Options
    justjack18 wrote: »
    Hey! Thanks so much for offering your advice. I have about 20 pounds to lose before I want to start to build up muscle. What workout routine is best for now for me? Cardio strength ect? I've been doing circuit training 30 day shred and like it so far. Also, I notice if I eat more than 1000 calories I gain weight. Could this be a metabolism problem do you know? Thanks for your help! :)

Hi there , if you enjoy what you are enjoying what you are doing then continue doing it :) circuit training is a great way to lose weight and get fit. Once you hit your goal Wright you can start a weight lifting program with being compound movements such as squats, deadlifts and presses to build lean mass. Now about your caloric intake, I don't see how you could be gaining weight by eating 1200 calories . Make sure you are counting your calories accurately, there will water fluctuations from day to day so don't let that alarm you . As I say to everyone aim for 1-2 pounds of loss every week. Losing fat needs patience and commitment , if you are working out 3-4 times per week and you make sure you are at caloric deficit of 300-500 per day you should be losing weight. I wouldn't jump to metabolism problem just yet
  • justjack18
    justjack18 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    justjack18 wrote: »

Hi there , if you enjoy what you are enjoying what you are doing then continue doing it :) circuit training is a great way to lose weight and get fit. Once you hit your goal Wright you can start a weight lifting program with being compound movements such as squats, deadlifts and presses to build lean mass. Now about your caloric intake, I don't see how you could be gaining weight by eating 1200 calories . Make sure you are counting your calories accurately, there will water fluctuations from day to day so don't let that alarm you . As I say to everyone aim for 1-2 pounds of loss every week. Losing fat needs patience and commitment , if you are working out 3-4 times per week and you make sure you are at caloric deficit of 300-500 per day you should be losing weight. I wouldn't jump to metabolism problem just yet
    Thank you! Sounds like a plan! :)
  • Absolute_Hot_Mess
    Options
    Thanx for the offer. Would you agree or disagree with cellulite body massages? I've read and watched conflicting youTubes on the topic. I use weights and do cardio. Yet places remain unsightly. I eat healthy. Any knowledge you have to share would be appreciated. :)
  • FMPT1
    Options
    Thanx for the offer. Would you agree or disagree with cellulite body massages? I've read and watched conflicting youTubes on the topic. I use weights and do cardio. Yet places remain unsightly. I eat healthy. Any knowledge you have to share would be appreciated. :)

Hello there, I have found a great article that is definitely worth a read .

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/womens-cellulite-free-guide.htm

It all comes down to diet and training and being willing to push your self beyond what you think your limits are while avoiding injury .

I don't think massages work at all. Train dirty and clean :) hard work dedication and caloric control.

I hope the article will provide you with some good information

Alexis
  • EPK1071
    EPK1071 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am trying to build muscle in my abs. This is my problem area. How often should I be working them? How much recovery time is really needed?
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Hi, Alexiscy, thanks for your kind offer. I am 51, female, 5'10", CW 219 (down 19 lbs.) with a GW 160. Right now I can't afford any gym in my area. I also have cruddy knees. Right now I am doing Cardio, Speed, Lower Focus in the Alpha level of T25. I modify 99% of the time. Because of my knees the getting up and down off the floor for AB Intervals and Total Body Circuit is just too frustrating. I hope to successfully attempt them and complete this level at some point, when I lose more weight. I walk, in addition to this, and have enjoyed doing the NYC Ballet Workout. I don't do weights at the moment but would like to work some hand weights in. What at home workouts can you recommend? Any advice appreciated. Thank you.