The Truth About Calories.

Options

Replies

• RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Does anyone even really get offered cheesecake every day? I certainly don't. What is this magical fairy world where cheesecake is constantly before you?

:laugh: snort :laugh:

But yeah. I've been guilty of going grocery shopping when i'm hungry and coming home with cheescake and chocolate croissants and mud cake etc etc One day i shall learn....

This is exactly why I always grocery shop after I've just had a meal. My worst bit is when i go bye the bakery. I can resist stuff when it's just sitting on a shelf but ... that smell of baking happening. DAMN!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    RHachicho wrote: »
    Does anyone even really get offered cheesecake every day? I certainly don't. What is this magical fairy world where cheesecake is constantly before you?

But yeah. I've been guilty of going grocery shopping when i'm hungry and coming home with cheescake and chocolate croissants and mud cake etc etc One day i shall learn....

This is exactly why I always grocery shop after I've just had a meal. My worst bit is when i go bye the bakery. I can resist stuff when it's just sitting on a shelf but ... that smell of baking happening. DAMN!

HaHa Ditto!
    My supermarket has the bakery section right at the entry so there's no avoiding it! Obviously positioned there to suck more people in. :angry:

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    jvt63 wrote: »
    I think it's called a supermarket. The sell cheesecake there, I think.

Not good cheesecake.

Anyway, obvious point is I really doubt this is a hard to avoid problem or that anyone is suggesting that people eat cheesecake every day, let alone cheesecake and chocolate and chips. But I'm glad we've now acknowledged that you have to go out of your way to buy the foods in question.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    herrspoons wrote: »
    It's science lite. A mixture of interesting facts and utter nonsense.

Chips, cheese, and cheesecake are all fine in moderation. It's not the food that is the problem, it's the amounts they're eaten in.

The 3 C's. / \ / \ thread

U wish. It never ends :sob:

well 3 more pages, so some light reading tonight. :o
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    RHachicho wrote: »

HaHa Ditto!
    My supermarket has the bakery section right at the entry so there's no avoiding it! Obviously positioned there to suck more people in. :angry:

Total side issue, but I also don't shop when I'm hungry usually (sometimes I go in on my way home for a quick pick up of something, but I tend to be in a hurry to get home so don't browse). However, all of the four grocery stores I go to regularly (2 different WFs, one TJ, one Jewel) open onto the produce section. The TJ's has some baked goods right there too, but they aren't freshly baked in that way that's inviting. The others have a separate area for the baked/cooked stuff that's easy to ignore if you aren't in the market for those things. This has always struck me as a pretty normal grocery set up, but perhaps not everywhere.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    My Dad sold those vacuum cleaners. It is a Lewit. Never thought I would see one again.

funny-pictures-history-mom-youre-so-right-getting-stoned-first-makes-housework-amazing.jpg

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I think it's called a supermarket. The sell cheesecake there, I think. Chocolate and chips, too. And you don't have to have it offered to you. You can buy it yourself, with your very own money.

So what you're saying is that if you learn self control you're okay?

The cheesecake jumps in your cart and makes you buy it, amirite?

• Christine_72
    Options
    I think it's called a supermarket. The sell cheesecake there, I think. Chocolate and chips, too. And you don't have to have it offered to you. You can buy it yourself, with your very own money.

I'm the first to admit my self control needs polishing!
    A lady actually stopped and giggled the other day while I was standing in front of the chocolate cookie packets. She said I had a really pained expression on my face, and to just buy the damned cookies! :laugh:

• RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options

True but you could be a bit nicer about it hmm?

• _Terrapin_
    Options

A lady actually stopped and giggled the other day while I was standing in front of the chocolate cookie packets. She said I had a really pained expression on my face, and to just buy the damned cookies! :laugh:
    Did you have calamari recently?
  • Christine_72
    Options

ummm yeah :wink: Friday night..

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I can't watch it because I'm in the US.
    xmarye wrote: »
    What's the documentary about? That not all calories are equal? Or that you can eat anything you want because it's all about CICO?

Personally, I believe that weight loss depends on a calorie deficit, and health is gained if you eat nutritious food.

And also, ''bad'' foods are nutritious....... for the soul. ;D

Yes.
  • _Terrapin_
    Options

Good. Hope the birthday meal went well. :D

• Christine_72
    Options

Good. Hope the birthday meal went well. :D

It was wonderful. Thank you :flowerforyou:

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who likes grocery shopping while hungry? I wind up with the best treats that way to last me months!
  • ana3067
    Options
    I see some thread cleanup had taken place, ugh.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who likes grocery shopping while hungry? I wind up with the best treats that way to last me months!

Of course you do :wink: I don't think you represent the average woman on here :smile:

• ana3067
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »

Of course you do :wink: I don't think you represent the average woman on here :smile:

The only downside of shopping hungry is not eating at checkout lol