Options

Replies

• Andreake08
    Andreake08 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Andreake08 wrote: »
    @samthepanda: do you have a fitness mat? It could be the solution... :D

No, but I have a towel. No excuses!

A towel will do! :D And I like what you say: NO EXCUSES (looks at self)!! :D
  • sosopa
    sosopa Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm in! :)
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    @samthepanda: do you have a fitness mat? It could be the solution... :D

No, but I have a towel. No excuses!

A towel will do! :D And I like what you say: NO EXCUSES (looks at self)!! :D

:D We will do this!
  • smondloch
    smondloch Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    In
  • slbale
    slbale Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    slbale wrote: »
    I'm in ! I'm only on week 3, I weigh in for the 3rd time Thursday, I'm down 6.2 lbs thus far... I have a 60lb goal, anyone know when I might actually begin to notice my clothes getting bigger? Lol

Depends on how big you are. It takes about 20lbs to go from a 22-20 but only about 5 to go from a 4-2.

I'm a tight 16... Trying to remind myself it took 24 yrs to put the weight on, it won't come off overnight! Feel like the crunches will help tone...
  • Hallsoa25
    Hallsoa25 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • Progress4me4ever
    Progress4me4ever Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am in
  • CanadianCountryGirl1973
    CanadianCountryGirl1973 Posts: 108 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'll get in on this too! So far my exercise is walking, elliptical, and other cardio. Noticing the weight coming off, but will definitely need to get the belly in shape!
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Crunches are actually kinda bad for you ya know. The only thing they are good for is making your ab muscles pop so unless you are already extremely low body fat they wont even do anything. They don't really improve the strength of your core either and in those volumes are liable to give you wicked abdominal pain when you overdo things which will cripple your ability to do other exercise.

In short this sounds like a terrible idea ...
  • Andreake08
    Options
    What do you recommend? :)
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    RHachicho wrote: »
    Crunches are actually kinda bad for you ya know. The only thing they are good for is making your ab muscles pop so unless you are already extremely low body fat they wont even do anything. They don't really improve the strength of your core either and in those volumes are liable to give you wicked abdominal pain when you overdo things which will cripple your ability to do other exercise.

What does bad for you mean?
    I researched and found 2 papers showing that there is no evidence for spinal injury I healthy individuals (http://mobile.journals.lww.com/nsca-scj/_layouts/oaks.journals.mobile/articleviewer.aspx?year=2011&issue=08000&article=00002#ath) and one that suggests crunches can help alleviate lower back pain (http://journals.humankinetics.com/AcuCustom/Sitename/Documents/DocumentItem/2115.pdf). Can you show me where you learned that crunches are bad?
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    ETA: I can't edit my last post so I'll do it here. I am NOT a doctor, nurse or exercise scientist. I can read scientific papers but these are nowheres near my level of expertise. I'd love to hear from ppl with credentials!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    No.
  • lakeaffected
    lakeaffected Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In! :D
  • patsy_bryant
    Options
    I would like to join. Try eating healthy first before doing it all at once but this looks great to do instead of heading to the gym!!
  • Yoyo_Fitness
    Yoyo_Fitness Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    We should make before and after photos don't you think? If you cannot see the progress what is the point? I am in! (If my backpain doesn't come back.....)
  • missldsadler
    missldsadler Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in x
  • Andreake08
    Options
    We should make before and after photos don't you think? If you cannot see the progress what is the point? I am in! (If my backpain doesn't come back.....)

You've had an excellent idea!! :D

• tlbruce1969
    tlbruce1969 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    RHachicho wrote: »

Any exercise can be "kinda" bad for you if you don't use proper form. I have never seen a reputable study showing crunches doing more damage than good. You are somewhat correct in the statement that unless you have a low body fat they won't do anything for you, they won't make your 6 pack stand out and spot burn fat, but they DO strengthen your core when done properly, and proper crunches are better than nothing. I am IN!
  • wathjo1
    wathjo1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    If someone reminds me every day, I am in! LOL