This is what a lifestyle change can do for you in five months! 65.9 pounds less with pics.

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    You don't look like the same couple! So amazing! Congratulations!
  • kikichewie
    kikichewie Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You both look so much younger!
  • FrozenTundra511
    FrozenTundra511 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    <applause>
  • tropic80girl
    tropic80girl Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Looking Good!
  • goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I love that the two of you are doing it together. Way to go! You guys look great!
  • Ivelissegmorales
    Ivelissegmorales Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thank you'll! ☺
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Both of you look great and happier!
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You both look great and much younger looking as well! Nice work:)
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!!!
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    You don't look like the same couple in the comparison pictures! Fantastic weight loss results!!! You both look wonderful!!!
  • KimPenuelas
    KimPenuelas Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you two look awesome :)
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I also started Oct 21. I slacked off after hitting a plateau in November but got back to it Dec 31. In all, I have lost 35 lbs. So hats off to you! I don't know how you did it. Please share.
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Wow! You both look so great! Good job!
  • ceelou52
    ceelou52 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Looks like you guys found the fountain of youth :) took years of your appearance
  • CenteredOne
    CenteredOne Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! Thanks for sharing!

I'm just at the beginning of my journey (yet again!) A healthy weight for me is 150-160. I've lost 5 pounds so far and need to lose another 50-60. Seeing your photos gives me encouragement. I have chronic pain and fatigue so stopped exercising and with discouragements in relationships food become my 'solution.'

This weight loss I am realizing for myself is at core about 'self love.' I have tried to 'love myself' through eating when I am sad, tired, in pain, stressed or name the emotion. In reality though this has been a misdirected attempt at self-loving (learned from watching mom deal with her emotions this way!

Stuffing myself with food is in reality negating who I really am, harming myself and propelling myself towards diseases of my parents (both diabetic, HBP, etc etc.)
    Obesity combined with inactivity leads to a quicker death by years quicker...

I'm now on day 8 of full two weeks in silence as part of restoring myself to health and I am noticing big positive changes from this.

I am now again taking time to giving thanks for the food at my table and reflecting on just how long it took for that food to get to my table, and all the many hands that labored to produce it. I am thinking about how the apple I eat was once a seed, then a flower and how it took sun and water and took months to become the fruit. I'm beginning to appreciate and have more gratitude for all of my food.
    Also, I am pausing and noticing also when I am full and stopping eating, which is REALLY different. When I feel the urge to eat between planned meals I am also now stopping to take three deep breathes into my lower abdomen and asking myself: what am I FEELING now? I have a list of emotions on my fridge. Usually it is anxiety, shame, fatigue or pain. I have a list of ALTERNATIVES to eating to try on my fridge and this is actually changing my eating tremendously.
  • Becca_5215
    Options
    You both look happy & healthy.. congrats on your many successes!! :)
  • traveling12015
    traveling12015 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for the inspiration. I just started eating clean and hope to change my life too :smile:
  • Ivelissegmorales
    Ivelissegmorales Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! Thanks for sharing!

I'm just at the beginning of my journey (yet again!) A healthy weight for me is 150-160. I've lost 5 pounds so far and need to lose another 50-60. Seeing your photos gives me encouragement. I have chronic pain and fatigue so stopped exercising and with discouragements in relationships food become my 'solution.'

This weight loss I am realizing for myself is at core about 'self love.' I have tried to 'love myself' through eating when I am sad, tired, in pain, stressed or name the emotion. In reality though this has been a misdirected attempt at self-loving (learned from watching mom deal with her emotions this way!

Stuffing myself with food is in reality negating who I really am, harming myself and propelling myself towards diseases of my parents (both diabetic, HBP, etc etc.)
    Obesity combined with inactivity leads to a quicker death by years quicker...

I'm now on day 8 of full two weeks in silence as part of restoring myself to health and I am noticing big positive changes from this.

I am now again taking time to giving thanks for the food at my table and reflecting on just how long it took for that food to get to my table, and all the many hands that labored to produce it. I am thinking about how the apple I eat was once a seed, then a flower and how it took sun and water and took months to become the fruit. I'm beginning to appreciate and have more gratitude for all of my food.
    Also, I am pausing and noticing also when I am full and stopping eating, which is REALLY different. When I feel the urge to eat between planned meals I am also now stopping to take three deep breathes into my lower abdomen and asking myself: what am I FEELING now? I have a list of emotions on my fridge. Usually it is anxiety, shame, fatigue or pain. I have a list of ALTERNATIVES to eating to try on my fridge and this is actually changing my eating tremendously.

We can do it! I'm 5' 7.5 " and I started at 271 pounds. That was 5 months ago. As of today I weight 203. My goal is 160 too!
  • BobzStuff
    BobzStuff Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! I am book marking this post for days I need inspiration. I am the same height as you. You look amazing!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    You both look fabulous! You've obviously made a complete lifestyle change and it shows! Keep it up! You said hubby lifts heavy weights - you should try it, too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!