What's for supper???

Options

Replies

• larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    I had a big lunch with my customers at work today, {Knights of Pythias, a 5th Sunday black social club} so we had a light supper. It was cabbage soup with corn and turkey, then a couple of bowls of the seafood gumbo. The gumbo just keeps getting better with each passing day.

fgz0b7mkxu5m.jpg
    3aa4k8rv5orc.jpg
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    20150329_174833_zpshfwtj5zc.jpg

GF Pizza with a cauliflower crust, kale, caramelized onions, turkey pepperoni and mozz!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Tonight we're having curried basmati rice pilaf with chicken and peas. Can't wait!
  • mzjenn2u
    mzjenn2u Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    BBQ boneless skinless chicken thigh, broccoli and mashed sweet potatoes....yummy
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    It's Meatless Monday so Smoked Tofu Tostadas on homemade corn tortillas, black beans, refried beans and salsa.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    Small salad and pasta with white claim sauce.
  • mygnsac
    edited March 2015
    Options
    We had Mexican. I ordered the "Mulitas Especiale" off the appetizers menu. 3 corn tortillas layered with carne asada (beef and pork), guacamole, onions, lettuce, cilantro, tomatoes and cheese. This was half the order, the other half I had boxed up. I usually don't care for the food at this particular restaurant and only go there when someone I'm eating with wants to go, but this was super yummy. They got one right! :D Now the service there, that's a different story. :s

dyg3n51xjhfz.jpg
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    chinese broccoli with oyster sauce, garlic and ginger
    baked chicken
  • aloewsherer
    aloewsherer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    St Louis style baby back ribs cooked in the pressure cooker, baby red potatoes, asparagus and a green salad full of delicious veggies! The pressure cooker made the meat so tender it was falling off the bone and the sauce was amazing!
  • Tea_Lord
    Tea_Lord Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Baked Cod, Wholemeal Penne w/ soy sauce + Parmesan cheese. + a little cauliflower :smile:
    27hbu5mhoz0x.jpg
  • larrodarro
    Options
    For supper tonight I had the last bowl of seafood gumbo. {none of this one made it to the freezer} Also had a sandwich with ham, turkey, Swiss, mustard, mayo, pickle and tomato, as well as green beans and a carrot. Very good.

mpcg4oj1ya4o.jpg
    5kfsvynp8qnj.jpg
    001.JPG 854.1K
    006.JPG 1018.7K
  • mygnsac
    Options
    Used up the last of the leftover spaghetti, on a bed of spinach, with portobello mushrooms, green beans, zoodled yellow squash, pecorino cheese, and a few turkey meatballs; and cucumber slices.

ehwuwh6zzohu.jpg
  • anlymc13
    anlymc13 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    We had a yummy chicken asparagus spinach gravy over mashed potatoes...it was delicious! I wish I would have taken a picture!
  • larrodarro
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »
    Used up the last of the leftover spaghetti, on a bed of spinach, with portobello mushrooms, green beans, zoodled yellow squash, pecorino cheese, and a few turkey meatballs; and cucumber slices.

ehwuwh6zzohu.jpg

My OCD is rebelling at your use of the fifth meatball in the center instead of it's intended symmetrical place. :'( And why the odd number? Four or six would have been so much more even. It does look good though, for a plate so out of balance.
  • mygnsac
    edited March 2015
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »

My OCD is rebelling at your use of the fifth meatball in the center instead of it's intended symmetrical place. :'( And why the odd number? Four or six would have been so much more even. It does look good though, for a plate so out of balance.

The devil made me do it! >:) I actually started out with 3 halved meatballs, but my dog managed to talk me out of the 6th half! :p

• mygnsac
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Just fyi if you are seeing huge pics right now...
    The huge pic issue is being discussed over on the site suggestions post. I'm not getting the huge pics in Safari on my ipad, but others are in other browsers like Firefox. They updated the Vanilla software yesterday and it appears to have messed up the pic auto resizing. Rachel (MFP staff) has submitted a trouble ticket.

• larrodarro
    Options
    We made chicken salad at lunch using plain Greek yogurt. Added a few Mandarin oranges and served on toast for supper. Also had green beans and mixed veggies. Very good.

svwkl8zey2zl.jpg

Larro's Greek Chicken Salad {pre-Mandarin}

364g canned chicken
    113g plain Greek yogurt
    100g apple
    157g grapes
    40g dried cranberries
    30g sliced almonds
    58g onion
    6g lemon juice
    dash sea salt
    dash black pepper
    1/6 Tbs garlic powder

128 calories, 22g carbs, 3g fat, 8g protein, 155mg Sodium, 11g sugar per 74g serving.

I thought it was a little too much chicken. Next time I will increase the grapes and apple, and maybe even add some sunflower seeds. Will leave out the orange though.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »

The devil made me do it! >:) I actually started out with 3 halved meatballs, but my dog managed to talk me out of the 6th half! :p

I understand. My dog can talk me into just about anything.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    The other night we made a rare trip to Whole Foods. Halibut, creole crawfish cakes, and asparagus. Grilled with lemon garlic seasoning. Pinot Grigio, guarded by a toy army man (that was unintentional but when I looked at the pic it was too funny to retake the pic...)

(venwrojzpmii.jpg