Options

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Not breast feeding.
    I had my baby 8 weeks ago.
    I do Not weigh my food.. Should I?

Yes. If you are not weighing your food, you have no idea if you are actually eating 1,700 calories or not. You could be eating much more.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Why is weight loss important?
    Can you give some info?
    Weight
    Appx body fat%

Maybe I can help you understand.
    It's important because I want to look sexy naked. What of it? I'm 5"4, 181.8, 20 years old, and I don't know bfp..

Okay perfect.
    The defensive tone isnt necessary since I'm nonjudgmental.
    What's the best goal weight for you in 6 months?
    Recommendations are between 6-10% body weight reduction.

• alyciamoyer5
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Also are you using a food scale to weigh your food, are you working out, do you eat back yotur exercise calories?
    I don't know my calories burned honestly. I stick to a strict 1700 or less.

Are you weighing and measuring all of your food? If not, how do you know you are at a strict 1700 calories?

Barcode scanner on everything I eat unless it's a fresh vegetable.
  • jigglyjessica
    jigglyjessica Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    8 weeks though, maybe your hormones are still out of whack and you'll start losing again after they level off.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    carbs and eating after (any) time don't matter. You've been asked some good questions but haven't answered. Until you DO, no one can really help. Opening your diary would be a HUGE way to help others, help you.

How long ago did you have your baby
    do you weigh your food on a scale
    are you breastfeeding
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    AmyRhubarb wrote: »
    Don't knock @Helloitsdan - he knows his stuff, and offers great advice. BEST move I ever made was following his info about three years ago. Since then I have lost the fat, reached my goals and am striving for new goals all the time - and have maintained my success for 3+ years.

If he offers to help - take it! :drinker:

Thanks Amy!
    You should see the new stuff I'm offering now.
    Really stoked at the results!

• Selah722
    Selah722 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/5-reasons-youre-not-hitting-your-weight-goal/
    that was a super helpful blog that I read when I started.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Not breast feeding.
    I had my baby 8 weeks ago.
    I do Not weigh my food.. Should I?

Yes. Weighing all solid and semi solid (like peanut butter) foods and measuring all liquid foods is the only way to know how much you are eating. It is very easy to overestimate your portions and eat more than you think.

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Also are you using a food scale to weigh your food, are you working out, do you eat back yotur exercise calories?

Are you weighing and measuring all of your food? If not, how do you know you are at a strict 1700 calories?

But without a scale, you can underestimate how much of it you are eating. The scanner helps you find the database entry for the food. But the scale lets you know how many calories you're actually consuming of that item.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I'm not questioning skills just most the questions he asked were already answered in the OP

And yes it's very important to weigh your food, if you're not using a food scale you really don't know how many calories you're eating.
  • alyciamoyer5
    Options
    Can you give some info?
    Weight
    Appx body fat%

It's important because I want to look sexy naked. What of it? I'm 5"4, 181.8, 20 years old, and I don't know bfp..

Okay perfect.

I was just kidding. I would like to be at 160 lbs.

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    You're 5'4" and trying to lose weight by eating 1,700 calories?! That's more than I'm eating and you could chop off my head and shoulders and I would still be taller than you. Try eating less and you're sure to lose weight.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    1. 8 weeks isn't that long.
    2. When you start a new exercise program, your muscles will retain water in order to repair themselves. My loss stalled for 6 weeks when I started strength training.
    3. At least until you get a good feel for portions, you really should weigh your food.
    4. Eating times and carb restrictions aren't necessary. Concentrate on keeping a calorie deficit.
  • alyciamoyer5
    Options
    8 weeks though, maybe your hormones are still out of whack and you'll start losing again after they level off.
    I never thought of that!
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options

^^^ This. You are obviously over eating on calories. Start actually tracking.

You need a rest day in there too.
  • blankiefinder
    Options

But without a scale, you can underestimate how much of it you are eating. The scanner helps you find the database entry for the food. But the scale lets you know how many calories you're actually consuming of that item.

Yes even things like lunchmeat that says three slices of the serving, you need to weigh to make sure it's actually accurate sometimes two slices is the same weight. Always go by the grams or ounces
  • alyciamoyer5
    Options
    You're 5'4" and trying to lose weight by eating 1,700 calories?! That's more than I'm eating and you could chop off my head and shoulders and I would still be taller than you. Try eating less and you're sure to lose weight.
    I'm only doing what MFP tells me to do!
  • alyciamoyer5
    Options
    It actually states that I should be eating 1710. I thought I was doing it right..
  • blankiefinder
    Options
    Maybe rerun your goals and make sure everything is entered accurately. Use a food scale, weigh everything, log everything. You can do this.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    Can you give some info?
    Weight
    Appx body fat%

Okay perfect.

I was just kidding. I would like to be at 160 lbs.

Okay so 160 x13=2080 or 2100.
    I know its hard to believe but eating 70% of your calories as unprocessed or close to unprocessed as possible, and the other 30% as whatever you like, you should naturally lose weight at 2000-2100/day.
    Focus on resistance training.
    Walk daily and shoot for 10k steps.
    Optimize sleep as best you can.
    Understand that it takes time to resume balanced hormones after giving birth and its easier once hormones are all at optimal levels.
    Undereating and over training will further set you back.