May Walking Challenge - Get our butts in gear!

Options

Replies

• flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    8.8 miles today. Almost 2 miles less than it was supposed to be, but my walking partners wussed out on me.

exercise.png
  • MissKash
    MissKash Posts: 132
    Options
    Havent walked as much as i planned to this week, but im still hanging in there and working towards reaching my goal. Good luck everyone!
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    One more mile down!!! :o)
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    50 min. today in the rain, something I never would have done in the past. Better get used to it though because its supposed to rain every day for the next week! BOO!:sad:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Finally got 30 minutes in today!
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Hi! Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. Thanks for all the well wishes! They must have worked as I feel 75% better today than yesterday. Still feel weak and achey but certainly not as bad as yesterday. I think I need to scale back my exercise a bit and stick to something more routine and a little less aggressive.

I did walk Friday although it was very slow and quite painful. I did 2 laps around my apartment in a little more than 30 minutes and I was glad I did it despite the pain. I often have to question myself when feeling pain and really see if I'm trying to use it as an excuse (meaning it's not as bad as I think it is) or if I take one more step will I end up bedridden (meaning it's worse than I want to believe). I've been inactive for so long that it's hard to know where the excuses end and the pain really begins.

That said I think I might have overdone it a bit today. I was ok in the morning while waiting for my daughter to finish her volunteer work collecting the food from the Postal Carriers Food drive, but when I went to pick her up there were still so many bins of bags to sort through I decided to help out. That wasn't so much walking as general exercise so it's not included in my total numbers here, but I'm certainly feeling all the bending and squatting (as well as probably too much lifting for my own good) so I'm hoping it won't set me back too much. I plan on walking the next two days and maybe skipping the elliptical or keeping it to maybe twice a week with a good 3 days in between.

So today, between my morning walk through one of my favorite stores and the evening walk to the restaurant my kids and I ate dinner, I logged 114 minutes today. I couldn't begin to estimate the distance I covered over the store but the walk to the restaurant was a good mile.

My tickers are updated and I think I'm off to bed soon.
    I hope everyone has had a great weekend so far and is walking their butts off!!
    :bigsmile:
  • iamhealingmyself
    Options
    Another 2 miles done today... UPHILL, pushing my one year old in his buggy, LOL
    You get double points in my book! Been there, done that when my oldest was 5 and in Kindergarten and my other two were 2 years and 6months. Of course, I was way heavier then (didn't even own a scale in those days!) so that didn't make it any easier.
  • iamhealingmyself
    Options
    50 min. today in the rain, something I never would have done in the past. Better get used to it though because its supposed to rain every day for the next week! BOO!:sad:
    ooooooohhhhh! Hope your shoes are drying out in between! That could turn bad quickly! Be safe!!
  • flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Another 2 miles this morning.

exercise.png
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Only 0.8 miles today, to and from work but every little counts!
    Happy walking!
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    ooooooohhhhh! Hope your shoes are drying out in between! That could turn bad quickly! Be safe!!
    I was actually planning on getting new shoes this weekend, now I might wait till later in the week when this rain is gone:tongue:
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Options
    2.5 miles in today! :smile:
  • lindaj07
    lindaj07 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    5.56 miles done today
  • nicnak1981
    nicnak1981 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i had a rather lazy weekend but got in 2.9 miles today woo!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    My legs were hurting all weekend (either from the dreadmill or Shred, not sure) so I stayed off the dreamill. I got in 70 minutes this morning.
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Haven't posted since I joined this challenge.11 miles added!
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Options
    Another 1.5 miles in today! I gotta say that I am in love with this challenge! It is getting me and my family moving! Thank you so much!!!
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I want to join too! What a great idea.

I am starting late, but my goal for the rest of the month is to walk 15miles. It is low, but I push 2 kids (over 60lbs) while walking, that should count for something!

Today I walked 1.3 miles. 13.7 to go.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Geez its been a while since I've checked in. Life keeps me distracted! I have been doing C25K 3 times a week (and sometimes double in 1 day...but that's only when I'm looking for pain lol). I'm updating my ticker today, hopefully I can check in more often now! :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    My legs were hurting all weekend (either from the dreadmill or Shred, not sure) so I stayed off the dreamill. I got in 70 minutes this morning.

lol I totally blame the shred. lol