Rhode Island/Massachusetts

Options

Replies

• Amazingday
    Amazingday Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Cape Cod snow bound! I have serious cabin fever! This rain barley made a dent!!!! Clamming season can't get here fast enough for me!
  • RHolden85
    RHolden85 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Yes, it has been a pretty rough winter. But, it has finally ended! I haven't gone clamming since I was very young. It was a fun time. Enjoy!
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    ilfaith wrote: »
    It is a small state. I'm not from Rhode Island...but I grew up drinking coffee milk...does that count for anything?
    When I went to Providence, I bought a bunch of coffee milk to take home with me. My son freaking loves it.

• stephaniejsharp
    stephaniejsharp Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    In CT..close enough ;)
  • Tessaishere
    Options
    Fellow Rhode Islander... I hate it
  • robw235
    robw235 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Massachusetts here, in the Merrimack Valley. So ready for Spring after this horrible winter.
  • RHolden85
    Options
    ilfaith wrote: »
    It is a small state. I'm not from Rhode Island...but I grew up drinking coffee milk...does that count for anything?
    When I went to Providence, I bought a bunch of coffee milk to take home with me. My son freaking loves it.

Coffee milk appears to be the staple for New England. It is quite delicious!

• RHolden85
    Options
    In CT..close enough ;)

I agree CT is close enough. I would love to move back one day. I only lived there for a year, but I enjoyed the privacy and the peace.
  • MaxPower0102
    MaxPower0102 Posts: 2,654 Member
    Options
    From CT, where we know how to make a REAL Lobsta Roll... hot with butter, not cold with mayo!!!!!!
  • RHolden85
    Options
    Fellow Rhode Islander... I hate it

Why do you hate it? Granted opportunities are lacking and cost of living is through the roof. But RI is beautiful. There is still so much I would like to explore.
  • RHolden85
    Options
    robw235 wrote: »
    Massachusetts here, in the Merrimack Valley. So ready for Spring after this horrible winter.

I agree, sir. It has been a rough one for sure. Ready to get out and enjoy some warm air. It's on it's way!
  • stephaniejsharp
    Options
    RHolden85 wrote: »
    In CT..close enough ;)

I agree CT is close enough. I would love to move back one day. I only lived there for a year, but I enjoyed the privacy and the peace.

You don't want to move back if you're worried about cost of living lol it's just as high if not worse here :(
  • RHolden85
    Options
    RHolden85 wrote: »
    In CT..close enough ;)

You don't want to move back if you're worried about cost of living lol it's just as high if not worse here :(

This is true. But I feel some places are worth paying just a bit more for. Then again, it is probably much more developed than I remember. It may have lost the very thing I loved about it. I lived in Oneco.
  • stephaniejsharp
    Options
    Never been. Down in Cheshire. Who knows it may still be your idyllic country get away ;) don't want to dash your CT dreams lol btw it's kind of funny you want to move back to CT when everyone in CT is always talking about going to RI!!
  • RHolden85
    Options
    Never been. Down in Cheshire. Who knows it may still be your idyllic country get away ;) don't want to dash your CT dreams lol btw it's kind of funny you want to move back to CT when everyone in CT is always talking about going to RI!!

Maybe I will take a day trip to the old neighborhood and see how it looks. Never been to Cheshire. It just sounds expensive ;)

Other than where I lived I have only been to Putnam and Hartford. Is that so? What is it that RI has to offer that draws you fine people here?
  • dmarsh1018
    dmarsh1018 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    MA here, right at the CT/RI/MA border....kinda.
  • justjack18
    justjack18 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    NY here
  • Northernlight03
    Northernlight03 Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I live on a road which is on a island , does that count? ;)
  • sbetts2229
    sbetts2229 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Mass...right across CT border, close to RI...All seems the same to me
  • Christians_mom
    Christians_mom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm from MA too, I live in the Metro West area