What do you do when you crave sugar?

Options

Replies

• kylee_elyse
    kylee_elyse Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i know it's cliche, but everything in moderation. before I would swear off sugar because i though it wouldn't be able to control myself. Now I just get a small serving (unusually it's Talenti raspberry chocolate chip gelato) and eat it slowly. It's satisfies me AND I can eat it without going over my limit. Now that I don't forbid myself to eat sugar I find myself actually wanting it LESS. in a sense, it's lost it's power. Lol.

Sorry that was long. Good luck on your journey ☺️
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Had a bowl of chocolate fudge brownie ice cream. ;)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    PS2CR wrote: »
    I eat fruit (esp grapes). I find that if I avoid refined sugar, and substitute just raw fruit, it eventually ends the cravings. Same with salty stuff (I've had some serious cravings for both salt and sugar). Everyone's different, but for me, avoidance is the only alternative to deal with sugar/salt cravings. They go away completely after 3 days abstinence.

so you cure a sugar craving, with sugar? got ya….

trolol @ flagging a statement that simply posits something factual.

seriously, how is that flag worthy?

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »

tumblr_lg2ixf9V4p1qzfqrx.gif

ffs everyone, stop talking about brownies when I have none and don't even have ingredients to make them!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

ffs everyone, stop talking about brownies when I have none and don't even have ingredients to make them!

ultimate-brownie-animated.gif

;)
  • leroberts6
    leroberts6 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Buy small containers of ice cream so you can satisfy craving without feeling deprived. Cups are pre-measured so only have one. If they don't come in your favorite flavor, buy a half gallon, put in pre-measured dishes or slices, and store in freezer for next craving. Might take a little time but you will reap the rewards with subsequent cravings. Enjoy!
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Increase fat
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

;)

oooooohhhhhmmmmyyyygoooodddd
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options

;)

OMG is that a slutty brownie SUNDAE? I am sad I didn't think of that when I made them (honestly they were a bit of a disappointment to me on their own - I need to make the cookie dough from scratch I think).
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

;)

OMG is that a slutty brownie SUNDAE? I am sad I didn't think of that when I made them (honestly they were a bit of a disappointment to me on their own - I need to make the cookie dough from scratch I think).

Always make the cookie dough from scratch-- that way you can use brown butter.

Not that I've ever made slutty brownies, I just assume they'd be better with brown butter.
  • ana3067
    Options

;)

i don't like oreos so this only half makes me crazy!
  • ndj1979
    Options

;)

so mesmerizing ….
  • ana3067
    Options
    I totally need to make a frankencake though at the end of april.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Holy balls
  • ana3067
    Options

;)

Not that I've ever made slutty brownies, I just assume they'd be better with brown butter.

what's brown butter? I'm honestly just thinking literal poop.
  • ardysedwardsmcgrath
    ardysedwardsmcgrath Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    i just try&have alittle soo that way im not depriving myself.. & try to be within my daily .. good luck :)
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options

;)

I am glad to see that someone else uses brown butter in their chocolate chip cookies - people at work think I am crazy when I say I do that - but I got the idea from America's test Kitchen so how can it be crazy? And everyone thinks they taste great. They just think I am making it up.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

;)

what's brown butter? I'm honestly just thinking literal poop.

:laugh:

No no. I would say it's what it sounds like except clearly what it sounds like to you is much different than what it sounds like to me. You just take your butter and cook it over medium heat until it starts to brown and smell nutty. Then you take it off, add an ice cube (puts back in the moisture you lost), stick it in the fridge until it starts to harden back up, and use it in recipes as needed. It gives the cookies a toffee undertone.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

;)

I am glad to see that someone else uses brown butter in their chocolate chip cookies - people at work think I am crazy when I say I do that - but I got the idea from America's test Kitchen so how can it be crazy? And everyone thinks they taste great. They just think I am making it up.

See I never tell anyone that I do it. I just let it be that thing that makes my cookies awesome that no one can ever put their finger on.
  • ndj1979
    Options

;)

i don't like oreos so this only half makes me crazy!

blasphemer!!

off with your head!

lol