Dogs > Cats Discuss!

Options
124»

Replies

• Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Dogs will always protect you. I have a small pug and he won't let anyone come near me. He'll bark his head off.

I've had several cats that are very protective of me. One was a huge tom (neutered, but still had the 'tude), and when he growled at the stranger at the door, I knew not to open the screen. And my petite queen is a ball of fire! Heaven help the person who cross her or her "sister" ... but they are both absolute 100% sweethearts with my kids ... actually so was the tom.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    This is an winnable debate! Cats and dogs tie. I had one of each until we lost our cat last week - had to put him down (sniff, sniff). I've always had a cat, so it's tough now. However, we'll wait a month or two and start shopping for a new one. Meanwhile, dog is fun to walk with and snuggles with me. Cleans the plates well, too, saving water. :)

Note to self. notetoself.gif

RSVP "No" to dinner at abhamilton's house.
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Dogs are playful.
    Cats are snobs.
    Dogs are big enough to use as a pillow.
    Cats lick your food that you have high up on the counters.
    Dogs protect you.
    Cats poop inside, Dogs poop outside.
    Cats steal your soul while you sleep.

Conclusion. Dogs are obviously better.

Agree..dogs are waaaaayyyyyyy better! sorry all you cat lovers!! :laugh:
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Sorry I as well believe cats are better mainly cuz I dont have to entertain him all the time like a dog, he entertains me :D and he cleans himself and never smells. Plus cats as well as dogs can be trained to poop outdoors.
    However I dont know how to do the quote thing but someone mentioned they dont have to play fetch with their cat., you haven't met my Cheddar Biscuit. He is a 3 legged cat (born that way) he growls just like a dog and will growl at strangers/intruders in my house. He LOVES to play fetch, I didnt try to teach him this he just always did it. I can also play tug of war with him as well. His fav thing to do is to stand on his back legs which I dont see too many other cats or dogs do ever. LOVE my cat.
  • javarushed
    javarushed Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.. When it comes to big dogs / big cats I'm not sure which I'd rather own. A Wolf or a Panther etc :P Both are awesome and they would probably both eat me while I sleep, but thats okay.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Dogs are eager joiners. Cats are the cool kids of the animal kingdom.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.. When it comes to big dogs / big cats I'm not sure which I'd rather own. A Wolf or a Panther etc :P Both are awesome and they would probably both eat me while I sleep, but thats okay.

If I could, I would rather own a Lion as I am a Leo. He hee..... and maybe a siberian tiger, they are beautiful creatures.

However, since I can not.............I love my fur kids to death. I can not wait until the weekend so we can go pick up our new baby. His name is going to be Duke.
  • javarushed
    Options
    Name him "The Duke" and he will be that much more badass :D
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Two words which win this debate for Team Canine: cat piss.

Only rivalled by Alien blood in toxicity and pure, vile nastiness. The only way to get rid of the putrid stench of cat piss is to nuke affected items ... from orbit.
  • kaholmes18
    kaholmes18 Posts: 8
    Options
    I have a cat(Sage) and a dog (Tidus---pitbull/lab mix)

First off I hate cats with a passion ( i only have this one because I did not want to see it an animal shelter)
    I love dogs

My cat is an effing little biotch that I would love to drown(I never would tho) All she does is attack people for no reason. I was laying down in bed just about asleep and then WHAM claws in each side of my temples (went on for 2 weeks) so therefore i turned on teh shower and drenched her

My dog is an *kitten* because he chews everything, but he is very loyal and he keeps me company, he can tell when I am not feeling good and make me feel better. He has brought me a blanket when I wanted one and he brings me the remote. he is the best dog in the world (so all you pitbull haters can keep your comments to yourself)
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    One night I looked through my bedroom door to observe all three of my dogs backing across the living room in great fear. Before I could get up to confront the intruder my cat came into view, walking on his back legs like a grizzly bear advancing towards the dogs. He took no bull from anyone or anything. I had six dogs, ranging from 40 lbs to 110 lbs, during the time I had that cat and he tamed them all. He constantly taunted and toyed with my neighbor’s bull - of course he always had his escape route planned. He lived 17 years and was universally accepted as the king of the rural neighborhood; far above all dogs, bulls, cows, pigs, wildlife, and other cats. He could stare down just about anything and if he couldn’t beat them up or stare them down he would wear them out using his many escape routes. Nothing ever whipped him; he died of old age last year. I will never look at cats in the same way after him.
  • KaizokuNoMaiku
    Options
    Dogz ftw I have had both but dogs are just way more fun and a good way to make sure you get atleast 1-2 hours per day in on cardio walking them ! Atm I have a pitbull (11 months) and rottweiler (6 years).
  • javarushed
    Options
    Two words which win this debate for Team Canine: cat piss.

Only rivalled by Alien blood in toxicity and pure, vile nastiness. The only way to get rid of the putrid stench of cat piss is to nuke affected items ... from orbit.

Lol how could I forget about that smell! That is probably worse then the "steal your soul" ability.
  • amylynn9
    amylynn9 Posts: 40
    Options
    Love love love cats! I own 5 of them! I had a 6th but she passed away Sept 2010. They are like my children and follow me EVERYWHERE. They are at the door as I am turning the key in the lock to greet me and rub my leg, they keep me warm at night and sleep with me...

I wouldn't have it any other away. :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    First off I hate cats with a passion ( i only have this one because I did not want to see it an animal shelter)
    I love dogs

My cat is an effing little biotch that I would love to drown(I never would tho) All she does is attack people for no reason. I was laying down in bed just about asleep and then WHAM claws in each side of my temples (went on for 2 weeks) so therefore i turned on teh shower and drenched her

In the Middle Ages cats were killed because they were thought to be witches. Soon after came the Plague.

*The Black Death is estimated to have killed 30% – 60% of Europe's population, reducing the world's population from an estimated 450 million to between 350 and 375 million in 1400.*

I'm jus' sayin.

*Wiki
    edited to add correct #s
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    cmriverside that is certainly food for thought.