30 Day Shred!

Options

Replies

• MimGSR
    MimGSR Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this week. I'm quite excited about it but I know I'll find it really hard as I'm so unfit at the minute!
  • megn529
    megn529 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about starting this program after I finish T25(only a few more days to go). Anyone know how it compares?
  • yiscaht
    yiscaht Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    yiscaht wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    Day 1 of Beginner Shred here. (I know, I'm a weakling.)

I did Beginner Shred last week and it wasn't easy. We all have to start somewhere :) Beats sitting on the sofa for sure.

I actually watched the level 1 workout without doing it the other day, because I wanted to see what I was in for. Only doing it on the days i don't go to the ice-rink, though. I'm using it as cross-training.

Yea, I've been going to the gym for a few weeks and didn't have any classes scheduled that day, so did the Beginner Shred twice. It left me sweating and sore, so happy with that for an "off day" :)
  • Hippychick5983
    Hippychick5983 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I want to do it! I don't have weights though. Any suggestions for something to use instead?
  • PaddyWhite
    PaddyWhite Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Bottles of Water were the best for me. But you can use bags of sugar etc, not as easy to hold though! Good luck. :)
  • dominica_maria
    dominica_maria Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I want to do it! I don't have weights though. Any suggestions for something to use instead?

cans of tomato sauce. i've used them in a pinch haha

• sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 1, level 1 this morning. I've completed the cycle once before and had really good results (lost a couple inches). I figured the beginning of the month was a good time to start. I'm excited to see what the end of April brings. If anyone wants a support buddy along the way feel free to add me.
  • Hippychick5983
    Hippychick5983 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Good Suggestions! Thanks everyone! I will set it all up and start tomorrow on the 1st!
  • mmmcrane
    mmmcrane Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Do you do 30 days on level one and then start level two? And do you do it everyday?
  • jlbrown1985
    jlbrown1985 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am on day 6 workout 3 of the Beginner Shred. I felt like a weakling too but I knew if I started out at a higher level of difficulty I wouldn't finish. I can definitely tell a difference and will probably do the 30 Day Shred next. I have lost about 2 lbs but weight loss was not what I was after to begin with. I need to tone up big time! When I started the Beginner Shred I used 2-3lb weights I am now using 5lb weights and plan on buying 8's! If i make it through the next 4 workouts this will be the first workout program I have completed from start to finish. I'm so excited!!
  • PaddyWhite
    Options
    I am on day 6 workout 3 of the Beginner Shred. I felt like a weakling too but I knew if I started out at a higher level of difficulty I wouldn't finish. I can definitely tell a difference and will probably do the 30 Day Shred next. I have lost about 2 lbs but weight loss was not what I was after to begin with. I need to tone up big time! When I started the Beginner Shred I used 2-3lb weights I am now using 5lb weights and plan on buying 8's! If i make it through the next 4 workouts this will be the first workout program I have completed from start to finish. I'm so excited!!

Same here...toning is important! The weight loss is a plus :)
  • PaddyWhite
    Options
    mmmcrane wrote: »
    Do you do 30 days on level one and then start level two? And do you do it everyday?

It's 10 days per level, but you can have break in between, doesn't have to be non stop.
  • PaddyWhite
    Options
    L1 D2 - Done! Woohoo! :)
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    megn529 wrote: »
    I've been thinking about starting this program after I finish T25(only a few more days to go). Anyone know how it compares?

30 Day Shred will be like a Sunday morning stroll in the park compared to T25.
  • jlbrown1985
    jlbrown1985 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    PaddyWhite wrote: »

It's 10 days per level, but you can have break in between, doesn't have to be non stop.

If I get a workout in every day for the next 4 days it will have taken me 36 days to complete the 30 Day Beginner Shred. Sometimes circumstances just don't always let me workout everyday.
  • fitnessgoddess17
    fitnessgoddess17 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Maybe I should pull mine out and try to do the whole 30 days. I get bored quick with the same routine but I haven't seen results in so long. I may need to just suck it up and do it.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    If you are a beginner or pretty out of shape, the 30 day shred is great.

If you're already pretty active, it might just be a good addition to your routine or it may just be too easy for you.

When i started my journey i had pretty damn good success with the 30 day shred, but after about day 5-6 on each level when it was SO HARD at first it became unbearably easy.
  • hsmith0930
    hsmith0930 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I've heard so many great things about this workout and I own it, but I just HATE Jillian! LOL She says things like "Girlfriend" and stuff and I probably burn more calories rolling my eyes at her than I do from the workout! BAHAHA
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    hsmith0930 wrote: »
    I've heard so many great things about this workout and I own it, but I just HATE Jillian! LOL She says things like "Girlfriend" and stuff and I probably burn more calories rolling my eyes at her than I do from the workout! BAHAHA

Made my boyfriend try it out one day and she says "Just imagine those great jeans you're going to fit into!" or "bikini!" or something like that. hahaha

• evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options

It's set up to do 10 days of each level. You can do it everyday, but I recommend every other day when you first start out. You're going to be pretty sore for 1-3 workouts.