Things that aren't worth the calories........

Options

Replies

• jkquinn13
    jkquinn13 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Doritos
  • Shanairah1991
    Shanairah1991 Posts: 152 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Pasta. It took me a few months but I weaned myself off and now I just can't fathom wasting so many calories on so little food. That and pizza but unfortunately pizza is my family's go-to meal when nobody wants to cook.
  • Wallflower_83
    Wallflower_83 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Cheap grocery store chocolate like snickers,kit kats, peanut butter cups. All fast food. Soda,ofcourse.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Most fast food. Most pastries. Appetizers from Applebees, chiles etc.
  • faithsimmons526
    faithsimmons526 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    isulo_kura wrote: »
    Avocados. -- Just tasteless and dull

#doingitwrong

This ^
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options

I'd go with anything from Chiles. I don't think I've ever been to one where someone's order at the table didn't get screwed up.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »

I'd go with anything from Chiles. I don't think I've ever been to one where someone's order at the table didn't get screwed up.

True enough. I'll rephrase: anything from MOST fern bars.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Wawa's frozen cappuccinos and Sonic's milkshakes. Don't get me wrong, they taste great, but so does a steak dinner which I could have instead!
    A 12 oz Caramel Frozen Cappuccino (without whipped cream) from Wawa will set you back 580 calories, and a Small Caramel Milkshake from Sonic will set you back 610 calories!
    No thank you!
  • bekanswer
    bekanswer Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My partner is British and when we first met, he would always go on about "Full fat coke" and I would always be so confused around him. Now I am brainwashed and call it "Full fat coke" as well and people look at me like I'm mental...

Anyway, M&Ms and Doritos are not worth it!
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    mummma wrote: »
    I was just having this discussion with my friends. what do you think isn't worth the calories.

we came up with. full fat coke, nutella, cadburys cream eggs, wine, energy drinks, anything with full fat milk, McDonalds milkshakes...

??? Opposite for me: just about anything labelled as low-fat is not worth the calories. The real thing is so much better! Quality over quantity.

100%
  • phoenixx866
    phoenixx866 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Regular soft drinks, (some) nuts, whole milk, juice... Basically anything liquid and some types of nuts.
  • orchid4mom
    orchid4mom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Real food with some fat is very satisfying~~~like ryvita cracker with hummus or peanut butter:) Stuff what is too sweet or salty will make you crave for more~~~
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    vfit10 wrote: »
    .. And beer empty Cals
    So many people have not been introduced to good beer. (sigh)

Even so, I'm cutting back on consuming my homebrew. Which means I have more to share.

• cynthiamm67
    cynthiamm67 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    For me, it's peanut butter. I love it, but the tiny amount I can reasonably fit in is not satisfying and leaves me frustrated
  • BrownsFan19
    BrownsFan19 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Not worth it: cake, pie, & donuts
    TOTALLY WORTH UT: wine, kahlua, & cheese..... And brownies (once in a while)
  • runem2011
    runem2011 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, when calorie counting nothing should be off limits, it's when you start depriving yourself of the things you enjoy, that you just crave them more. Just work them into your days allowance. I even add sweet treats before I've eaten them, I've found that if I see them logged in my diary I am less likely to actually want them as my mind thinks I've already eaten them, but I know if i do eat it its already allowed for.
    It works for me. :smiley:
    Hope you all have a fantastic day, add me if you like, anyone :smile:
  • runem2011
    runem2011 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I always drink water, tea and coffee, much prefer to save my calories to help me have the foods I enjoy, rather than wasting them on drinks that make me feel bloated and heavy, IMO xx
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I need starchy sides or else my guts go wrong.

1/2-3/4 cup of boiled potato ( 102 calories for 3/4 cup - plus 81 cals for 0.8 of a tablespoon of butter) is better value than the amount of pasta or rice I'd need to eat to get as full.

1/2 cooked cup of the quick Uncle Ben's jasmine I like = 178 cals - I need at least 267 cals worth to be full). I sometimes have 1/2 or 1/4 cup cooked, along with beans and meat - in that case, I need the beans to get to fullness. And, that will mean a fairly big meal, but because of the beans and meat, it'll tide me over for a good few hours.

1 cup pasta usually = 300 cals; I need 1.5 cups (450). Any pasta dinner will take me into 600-800 territory (800 is for ridiculous stuff involving sausages).

Sausages aren't worth it, but they add a lot of flavour :/

Any fast food is going to take me over. Trying to "fit it in" means I wind up with a hunger headache. I still have stuff like that, sometimes. Sometimes I'll burn it off, but adding too many hours of impact and joint stress isn't worth the orthopedic risk (I am injury prone). I don't like trying to make up for it the next day, either - winds up being a head game, plus it just means I get the hunger headache the next day, even if I "win". So, if I do have fast food, I basically decide to be cool with being over that day.