Things that aren't worth the calories........

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Wine
    McDonalds salads
    Juice
    Sliced store bread
  • LMRomano9
    LMRomano9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love wine so definitely worth the calories for me!
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    DaneanP wrote: »
    mummma wrote: »
    wine

Wha?! You are kidding, right?

this was a suggestion from my friend. personal preference i guess
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Oh, inspired by another thread, spoonfuls of things, especially oil, but for me also nut butters. Also oil or butter in coffee. (Really, anything in coffee, as it tastes best black.)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    DaneanP wrote: »
    wine

Wha?! You are kidding, right?

this was a suggestion from my friend. personal preference i guess

Surely everything listed on this thread is personal preference. Wine is worth it to me, but my consumption of beer has gone WAY down. And I love beer.
  • KirbySmith46
    KirbySmith46 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Pasta
  • sjohnson__1
    sjohnson__1 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Cashews... they're worth every calorie IMO but then again, they're so damn addicting that I have to save them for special occasions bc I'll eat the entire package (even if I buy them in bulk)
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    WHO THE HELL WOULD SAY WINE ISN'T WORTH THE CALORIES?

BLASPHEMY

:angry: :anguished::astonished::cold_sweat:

^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS, so very much this. It is one of my two vices left. Fine quality DARK Chocolate is my other one. No white breads, pastas, juices, margaritas, fried foods.

But I will walk miles extra to partake of a good red wine with a piece of dark chocolate.

lhbtyqpilixe.jpg
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Chocolate :( I love it but I can't make it last and savour it like some can, it's gone in like 30 seconds and I'm like, 'Oh, well there's 300 cals gone'. So, I don't bother :P
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Wine? Blasphemer!

When I found out how many calories were in a serving of peanut butter no not worth it bc I don't like it anyway.

I was saying pasta was not worth it for 3 years, bc I was weighing it cooked. 2 oz of cooked pasta is the saddest thing you will ever see. It was not worth it. 2 oz of uncooked pasta? :D Oh yes pasta is worth every single calorie.

sugar free candy is not worth it. Bananas, not worth it.
  • littlebee55
    littlebee55 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I stopped putting cheese on sandwiches and in things, unless it's a strong cheese like blue or asiago, maybe swiss. So often I can't taste it, so feel like it's a waste.

Most fast food and stopped drinking regular sodas. Once in a blue moon I will get diet if I go out, but most of the time I get unsweetened tea because I gave up sweet tea and coffee years ago.

But I just discovered a STUNNING waste of calories to me just today. Weight Watchers Salted Caramel Brownies. It was very, very good, but it was the SMALLEST 90 calories I ever saw, I almost passed out when I saw the calories for that miniscule piece of brownie.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Isn't this an oxymoron though? If it's something someone likes, it's worth the calories. If it's not something someone likes, than it's not. Why would consuming something you don't like be worth the calories? What ever nutrient are you're looking for isn't probably just available in another food/drink you actually like?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    If it's something someone likes, it's worth the calories. If it's not something someone likes, than it's not.

Yeah. So I think we are mostly just talking about what we don't especially like but might eat if calories were no object and it happened to be on our plates.

I was, anyway. ;-)
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Isn't this an oxymoron though? If it's something someone likes, it's worth the calories. If it's not something someone likes, than it's not. Why would consuming something you don't like be worth the calories? What ever nutrient are you're looking for isn't probably just available in another food/drink you actually like?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

To an extent. It's like... I like rice, but I like potatoes better, so I'd rather have those for the calories.

I still like convenience store candy bars, but if I'm going to spend the calories on chocolate, I'd rather have a really, really good quality dark chocolate.

That sort of thing.

• CooCooPuff
    Options
    Ehh, I'm just not a huge drinker. When I do drink, I'll take a beer over wine.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Creamy salad dressings, croutons, rice (prefer an extra couple ounces of meat), arctic zero/strange substitute ice creams, nuts.
  • jetsman32
    jetsman32 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Donuts. I'd love one but can't bring myself to do it. If I was just counting calories I'd skimp elsewhere to have one but on LCHF I can't even consider it!
  • kissa714
    kissa714 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    i freaking love cadburry creme eggs. way worth the cals.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    I think the chocolate creme eggs are very much worth the cals. Regular creme eggs are okay, while I was not fan of the caramel eggs.

I've really enjoyed what I've had from Russell Stover's Easter lineup.
  • tc138003
    tc138003 Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Options
    TOM VENUTO's book..."Burn the fat. Feed the muscle." If it ain't an A or B food it ain't worth the calories. So in a nutshell. Nothing processed, no sugar, no high saturated fats. Don't drink your calories.