What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• Wreathy
    Wreathy Posts: 61 Member
    Three years I started MFP to lose about 30lb - I lost 28 and maintained for the past two years.

I didn't know it would start a new path. Today I received my personal trainer certification notice:

3mlyqq62av5u.jpg

<3:):D:pB)o:)<3

That's so wonderful!!!! You look so happy - well done. :):)
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Finally got my sweetheart shaped face back. I was getting really tired of the round one.
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Started losing weight again, albeit micro amounts. I know what I have to do to lose, but my life is so insanely busy. Not the busy that everyone says they are, I mean from the moment I get out of bed to when I sleep I am doing something. I do squats in the shower even! Today I had to get something out of the car at work and I ran there and back! Not very far, but I have to squeeze exercise in when I can. I wish it was safe to go running at midnight, when I usually get home and/or am finished doing tasks! Maybe I'll look into renting a machine...
    And I just won't, can't, starve myself. No way.
    This isn't an NSV so much as a vent to say, "Poor me, this is really hard, I wish I had more time." Now, I'll get on with it. <3
  • maddyk91
    maddyk91 Posts: 193 Member
    My skinny pants are now too baggy!!

I bought them as my fat pants were too huge after about 20lbs down. NOW! my pants for my skinny self are too big! Time to go shopping again.... :)

And I am excited because I wont feel like such a lump trying on shorts for this summer!! Last year, the fitting room made me cry. This year, I am psyched to be in there!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    I finally got my new stationary bike, and I've managed to do AT LEAST five minutes every single day (about 4-5 days now) since I started using it! I can't do more than five minutes at a time without wanting to die, so I've gone and done an extra five minutes later in the day a couple of times. :)
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Got through 20 squats last night without having to stop and pause midway!
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    I finally got my new stationary bike, and I've managed to do AT LEAST five minutes every single day (about 4-5 days now) since I started using it! I can't do more than five minutes at a time without wanting to die, so I've gone and done an extra five minutes later in the day a couple of times. :)

When I started using my stationary bike I couldn't stand more than min at a time. At the end of Feb I did a challenge that took 8 hours straight on it. It gets easier :smile:
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I just bought a new bike! I had a cute folding bike, but I'm doing the 5 Boro Bike Tour in NYC next month and decided, after passing my PT certification and doing a bicycle scavenger hunt last weekend, that I am entitled to trade up. lol

h6d96lbhpul1.jpg
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    I just bought a new bike! I had a cute folding bike, but I'm doing the 5 Boro Bike Tour in NYC next month and decided, after passing my PT certification and doing a bicycle scavenger hunt last weekend, that I am entitled to trade up. lol

h6d96lbhpul1.jpg

I <3 this bike! I have a Felt, but I may need a new one after seeing this!
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Last night, I wore the jersey you see in my profile picture for the first time in about 25lbs since I was 295. It is nearly falling off of me now. :)
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    I looked at my stomach in the mirror this morning... Definitely getting some ab definition I haven't had in 9 years.

Oh and I never do crunches... #absaremadeinthekitchen
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited April 2015

When I started using my stationary bike I couldn't stand more than min at a time. At the end of Feb I did a challenge that took 8 hours straight on it. It gets easier :smile:

Thanks for your support. :) I used to be able to do more than an hour at a time, but then... Things happened. ;) So I can't wait till I'm back up to that amount of strength and stamina! On a related note... I managed another five minutes today at a much faster pace... And didn't die! Definitely improving. :)
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    edited April 2015
    After missing a 250 lb deadlift three days ago, and having been successful at it before, I made up for it today. My previous PR was 275 lb, and today I pulled 280 lb!

l8h2kkce5vnq.jpg
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    2 nsvs
    1. The heeled shoe boots I bought 6 weeks ago were tight on my ankle. Last Friday I wore them they weren't tight and I wore heels all day without pain for the 1st time in years!
    2. I jogged a 8kph for 58 mins.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Today, while standing up straight, I couldn't see my belly beyond my chest!

It's still there, I can see it if I crane my neck a bit, but it's leaving!

My chest measurement is officially higher than my gut measurement!
  • HowlinAl
    HowlinAl Posts: 277 Member
    edited April 2015
    To get behind the bar in our basement, I used to need to squeeeeeeeeeeze my belly between the bar opening and the wall to a ridiculous degree... Like squeezing sausage out of a tube. Yesterday I went behind the bar for the first time in a while and slipped right through, no stress. I was so flabbergasted I went through the opening maybe a dozen times just to be sure...
  • HowlinAl
    HowlinAl Posts: 277 Member
    epido wrote: »
    After missing a 250 lb deadlift three days ago, and having been successful at it before, I made up for it today. My previous PR was 275 lb, and today I pulled 280 lb!

l8h2kkce5vnq.jpg

Wow, look at those arms!
  • creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    I have been cooking so hubby and I would have leftovers for lunch, but this week has been way off. Yesterday? went to the cafeteria here a work and got a baked potato and salad. Only ate 1/2 the baked potato (no skin). Today? Went to Braums.....got a grilled chicken salad!!! I only used 1/2 the dressing and 1/2 the croutons and immediately threw the rest away. Very proud moment. I would usually have a "cheat" day and get a bacon cheeseburger and fries. Unfortunately, those turn into many cheat days and I'm back where I started. Proud moment for me. I keep having swimsuit flashbacks and that keeps me going...lol
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Jeans are getting loose in the waist again.

But really, just my energy, recovery, and movement while playing tennis is so much better just 14 pounds down from the beginning of the year. Looking forward to dropping another 20.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!