Under 5'5" Shorties UNITE!

Options

Replies

• Stephinow
    Stephinow Posts: 273
    Options
    I am just over 5 feet tall, and I am with you! It has always killed me that I can say that I want to lose a few pounds and people act as though the tiny amount I mention is insignificant. On my frame, 5 pounds is a pants size. That's a big issue when some of my friends are closer to 6 feet tall. To make matters worse, I weigh 140 lbs., and I am a size 6 or 8. People look at me cross-eyed when I say I need to lose weight. 140 is nearly obese for someone my height! Ugh....

The above quote was posted a long time ago, but really says it all for me!

I'm in. I'm 5' 3" and need to lose 14 pounds.
  • britachu
    britachu Posts: 157
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and currently about 145, which puts my BMI in the overweight category. People always tell me that I don't need to lose weight, which frustrates me because I know I'm not in a healthy range! I want to get to about 120-125, which for my height is the middle-ish of the normal BMI.
  • britachu
    britachu Posts: 157
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and currently about 145, which puts my BMI in the overweight category. People always tell me that I don't need to lose weight, which frustrates me because I know I'm not in a healthy range! I want to get to about 120-125, which for my height is the middle-ish of the normal BMI.
  • IamBrande
    IamBrande Posts: 237
    Options
    I am 5'3" also, and my 10yr old daughter is the same height as I am!! I suppose the good side to that is we share clothes, and shoes (okay good for her, but I can never find my shorts/jeans/skirts..shoes.... ugh!!! lol)
  • laurasnyder411
    laurasnyder411 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'3'' and currently at 157lbs. I'd like to lose 30-40lbs...could really use some shorties support! Can I join?
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else dealing with both shortness and disproportionate top-heaviness? As a 32D, I feel like my weight loss doesn't really change my looks very dramatically. Busty women always seem to look heavier to me.

I've always thought the opposite, well I guess it depends on what you are wearing. I wear a 34D and I am so thankful of that on my bloated days!! Draws attention away from the bloat belly. :laugh:
  • learnbygoing
    learnbygoing Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    5'2" and a half here. Yes, I'll keep that half inch, thankyouverymuch!

15 pounds down, about 10-15 to go.

Who else has trouble buying jeans? I HATE buying jeans. My thighs and butt are bigger (size-wise) than my waist, and then on top of that I'm short, so nothing ever fits right :(
  • cocodp
    cocodp Posts: 164
    Options
    ooh ooh can i join!

5'2" here with about 10 lbs to lose but need to be accountable to someone/mfp friends :)

even if i don't lose that much weight i really would like to inches to come off...in the right places of course...hee hee...still want to keep my curves.

are we doing a challenge for "x" amount of weeks? or do we just check in?

GO SHORTIES!
  • ShawnaMama
    ShawnaMama Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Another Shortie here! I'm 5'1" and want to loose around 10-15 lbs. Feel free to add me if you have similar goals :)
  • sbcohn22
    sbcohn22 Posts: 7
    Options
    Is anyone else dealing with both shortness and disproportionate top-heaviness? As a 32D, I feel like my weight loss doesn't really change my looks very dramatically. Busty women always seem to look heavier to me.

I'm 5-2/148 and am a 32DDD/34DD, so I feel you. I'd love to loose a size or two in the boob area, just so I don't look like I'm going to tip over! I have lost most of the back-fat roll, which is satisfying!
  • karen12364
    karen12364 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi all,
    I'm 5' 1" 1/2 and need to lose about 45 pounds.
  • LilLolo22
    LilLolo22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yay! More shorties! I'm 5'1.5 and I'm looking to lose about 50-60 pounds. Love this thread! Anyone feel free to add me!!
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I feel so tall here...I'm 5'4" 1/2 and I love being a shorty :)

I'm 5'4" - 4.5" =] U can see my before & afters in my sig :) and on my YT channel!
  • miatavixxen
    miatavixxen Posts: 373
    Options
    Back in the day... when I was probably in my fitness "peak" (college and pre-kid) -my measurements were 36-25-36. I don't figure I will ever get my waist or my hips back to that size - kids do that to you and so have set my weight goals accordingly. I'll be thrilled to be around 38-27-38 if that is even manageable.
  • Kritter8682
    Kritter8682 Posts: 29
    Options
    I am 5'3 just shy of 5'4. I am 28 (almost 29) and I started at 204lbs.. I am currently 174. I have about 40 lbs to go to get to my goal weight. I'd love to join this group and if we have challenges, even better! :)

and like someone else mentioned- i am ALL middle!
  • silvafan
    silvafan Posts: 147
    Options
    Yay, I love this! I'm 5'1&3/4 & I weigh 152, I would love to be 130 but it seems so hard. All my weight is in my my butt, hips, thighs & tummy. I don't mind the size of my butt (I get a lot of compliments.. lol) But I would love to have slimmer thighs and a flat stomach. My husband is 6'5 so he thinks i'm tiny which is nice because he is so tall & buff but, I don't feel tiny, unless i'm next to him :-)
  • lauren0110
    lauren0110 Posts: 1
    Options
    i'm 5 foot even.. ive lost 15 so far but want to lose another 20ish.
  • silvafan
    silvafan Posts: 147
    Options
    5'2" and a half here. Yes, I'll keep that half inch, thankyouverymuch!

15 pounds down, about 10-15 to go.

Who else has trouble buying jeans? I HATE buying jeans. My thighs and butt are bigger (size-wise) than my waist, and then on top of that I'm short, so nothing ever fits right :(

OOH Me too my bottom half is bigger than the top half. I have a hard time buying jeans cuz my butt is so big there is a gap in the waist. I don't like that at all!! All the pants tend to be too long fo rme too. Or the jeans are tight from my thinghs to the knees then they loosen after that.
  • Kritter8682
    Kritter8682 Posts: 29
    Options

I started working on my weight last year in June. At the time I was at my all time high of 153 and very unhappy with myself. By October, I had myself down to 132. I slacked off a bit from November 2010 to February of 2011 and popped up about 4 pounds.

omg i could've written this exact thing.. I started back in June of last year also.. i lost 30lbs.. still have 40 to go... I slacked off a bit from November to about February and teetered between a 4-6lb gain... I got back on MFP on May 1 and my first official weigh in will be on Wednesday to see if it i'm back on track.... good luck to you!
  • february01
    february01 Posts: 14
    Options
    Im 5ft 2 really need to lose this weight but im ready to do this , one step at a time , discovered this site by accident but so glad i did so much support ....