The Rapid Pulse

Replies

• booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    I think what gives this diet so much credibility is the fruit hat and plant-based fat ankle boots. Who doesn't love fun accessories?!

cynthiasass.com/books/slim-down-now.html
  • ayannabayer
    ayannabayer Posts: 153 Member
    maidentl wrote: »
    How many fad diet threads are you planning to start? Detoxes ... all liquid ... meal replacements ... now this ... and those are the ones I can recall over the past few weeks.

Follow the very simple advice you've been given in all of your previous threads.

No one said I was going to start them. I just wanted more information about them. But this one is actually a healthy one. But besides that. I really don't think it matters how many threads I create. If you don't have in the information for me, you could keep scrolling.

Have you read the book yet? If not, start there. If so, what more do you want?

I started reading it. I get a lot of help from hearing other people's personal experiences. It helps motivate and inform me on specific topics.
  • ayannabayer
    Camo_xxx wrote: »
    I got this book from the library called "Slim Down Now" by Cynthia Sass and it seems very legit.

Ok I'll play, what seems "legit" about it ? What is the mechanism that causes weight loss and what is the advise for keeping it off once you lose it ? Please share

So I'm on day 4 of The Rapid Pulse & I've lost 5lbs. The idea is that you eat foods that will shred your waist line in no time. Pulses is a unique class of protein riches carbs and after the 4 days of HEALTHY DELICIOUS pudding. You spend the next 26 days including one serving of the suoershredders into your daily meals. You burn more fat, feel more full, & have more energy. In the end, the idea of her technique is to teach how to finally organize your meals blah blah. Get the book, its great. The meal plans are delicious. I just asked the question bc I wanted to know if anyone has/is trying it out too.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Yet another thread that puts Strother Martin quotes in my head. Watching a person that started multiple detox threads now quote another diet book's marketing plan .... well, there are people receptive to informed, rational advice and I'll go seek them out.
  • ayannabayer
    LOL, I actually googled it for you.
    https://screen.yahoo.com/cynthia-sass-md-pulses-superfoods-155638033.html

Anyhow, the 'pudding' is made out of beans. I believe Cynthia Sass is either vegetarian or vegan.
    While any diet plan that tells you what to eat is a bit gimmicky, it is REALLY hard to eat enough plain beans to maintain.

There are positive reviews for the recipes in the book, which I'm sure are mostly vegan or vegetarian.

If you really feel you need someone to tell you what to eat and when, maybe something like this would be helpful briefly. However, a few weeks down the road when you're burnt out, you'll still have to count calories and weigh foods to incorporate in the regular food you'll end up craving. Either way, at the end of the day, you're going to still end up counting calories and making sure you stay at a deficit.

As a teenager I followed a plan for awhile, but got burnt out on it as it included a lot of things I didn't even like. But, it did get me started.

Beans are cheap, at least it wouldn't cost much to try the recipes.

Its actually more than just beans. Their are vegan & vegetarian things included. But there are all kinds of meat dishes in this book too. The point in this book is to get you in a habit/ create a lifestyle where you don't have to count calories anymore. The things you eat and the way you eat them will become natural. Honestly, someone telling me EXACTLY what to do was what I needed.
  • ayannabayer
    MrM27 wrote: »
    maidentl wrote: »
    LOL, I actually googled it for you.
    https://screen.yahoo.com/cynthia-sass-md-pulses-superfoods-155638033.html

Anyhow, the 'pudding' is made out of beans. I believe Cynthia Sass is either vegetarian or vegan.
    While any diet plan that tells you what to eat is a bit gimmicky, it is REALLY hard to eat enough plain beans to maintain.

There are positive reviews for the recipes in the book, which I'm sure are mostly vegan or vegetarian.

If you really feel you need someone to tell you what to eat and when, maybe something like this would be helpful briefly. However, a few weeks down the road when you're burnt out, you'll still have to count calories and weigh foods to incorporate in the regular food you'll end up craving. Either way, at the end of the day, you're going to still end up counting calories and making sure you stay at a deficit.

As a teenager I followed a plan for awhile, but got burnt out on it as it included a lot of things I didn't even like. But, it did get me started.

Beans are cheap, at least it wouldn't cost much to try the recipes.

I wouldn't mind eating a lot of beans, because I love beans, but in pudding form? :sick:

Bean pudding on the way in, bean pudding on the way out.

There's not just beans in the puddling. You can't even taste them.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    When u make it through the full 30 days report back.
  • ayannabayer
    When u make it through the full 30 days report back.

I definitely will. Trust me. I can't wait to shove it in some of these negative mouths.
  • ayannabayer
    I got this book from the library called "Slim Down Now" by Cynthia Sass and it seems very legit.

Ok I'll play, what seems "legit" about it ? What is the mechanism that causes weight loss and what is the advise for keeping it off once you lose it ? Please share

So I'm on day 4 of The Rapid Pulse & I've lost 5lbs. The idea is that you eat foods that will shred your waist line in no time. Pulses is a unique class of protein riches carbs and after the 4 days of HEALTHY DELICIOUS pudding. You spend the next 26 days including one serving of the suoershredders into your daily meals. You burn more fat, feel more full, & have more energy. In the end, the idea of her technique is to teach how to finally organize your meals blah blah. Get the book, its great. The meal plans are delicious. I just asked the question bc I wanted to know if anyone has/is trying it out too.

Lol. Have fun gaining all the weight back and coming back here in a month or 2 asking about another fad diet. #SupperShredders!

You're negative and annoying. People come here to seek POSITIVE feedback. Not that. I won't be gaining any weight back. And quite frankly, if I bother you so much, you should stop reading my threads. I didn't ask people who know nothing to reply.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member

Lol. Have fun gaining all the weight back and coming back here in a month or 2 asking about another fad diet. #SupperShredders!

You're negative and annoying. People come here to seek POSITIVE feedback. Not that. I won't be gaining any weight back. And quite frankly, if I bother you so much, you should stop reading my threads. I didn't ask people who know nothing to reply.

People should come here seeking HONEST feedback .. something you haven't sought in any of your threads asking about fad diets.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    edited April 2015
    A LOT of diet books; too many frankly. Most follow a fairly standard organization, with very very few exceptions, most will tell you that ‘calorie restricted diets don’t work for weight loss’ and that whatever magic they are selling is the key to quick, easy (and of course permanent) weight loss.

Whether it’s insulin, dietary fat, the protein:carbohydrate or insulin:glucagon ratio, partitioning or whatever other BS, they will make it sound like caloric intake is not the key aspect in whether or not someone gains weight.

In almost all cases, the idea that food intake must be restricted in any fashion is dismissed; if it is mentioned it is generally as a short aside late in the book that nobody pays any attention to.

This is purely a psychological ploy; it sucks to have to consciously restrict food intake and this causes mental stress. Simply knowing that you can’t eat what you want when you want it blows; I hate it as much as the next person. Many people will feel hungrier simply because they know that they can’t eat what they want when they want it.

Yet the fundamental fact is that the body will NOT have any need to tap into stored body fat unless the individual is burning more calories than they are taking in(CICO) Of course this means that either energy expenditure has to go up, caloric intake has to go down, or both have to occur.

So how can these books make this claim? It’s simple: they all hide basic caloric restriction in whatever they happen to be proposing. Basically, this is Lyle’s Rule #1 of Diet books:

All diet books tell you that you won’t have to restrict calories, and then trick you into doing it anyway.

ETA: Same with diet fads such as shakeology, IF, Atkins, Rapid pulse etc

You will find the most successful members on this site follow a very simple method: CICO (calories in vs calories out). Of course they also pay attention to their macro and micro nutrient needs but nutrition is a whole other story. A calorie deficit is key for weight loss alone.

Source:http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/all-diets-work-the-importance-of-calories.html
  • Nyappykim
    Nyappykim Posts: 57 Member
    edited April 2015

These forums are for people who have or want to lose weight through calorie deficits. If you want to talk or get advice about all these fad diets, this is NOT the right forum to be....
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member

Well I believe a lot of the people that are trying to steer you away from fad dieting know a lot about nutrition, my above reply will attest to the factual nature of fads and quick fixes.

Also humor is often used on the forums as laughter is good for the soul and well it would be pretty bland on the forums if humor was not allowed.

Concerning your definition of "POSITIVE" feedback I feel compelled to leave this link here for you to peruse at your own pleasure...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10119876/mfps-two-dominant-species#latest

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    I'm pretty sure we all followed fads, tried the new best thing, went with the old standard programmes and yo-yo diet and put on weight every time

This is the first time in my life I've made it this long and thought I can keep going

The first time I've been succesful

And I did it by cutting out this kind of crap

I think people just want you to let go of your quick-fix ideals and buying into fads because we recognise our previous selves

But you'll get there when you get there. Just don't forget to live and enjoy your life whist you're trying, cos that *kitten* don't stop and wait for you to be a certain size, it just keeps on rolling along
  • Marcia661
    Marcia661 Posts: 183 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure we all followed fads, tried the new best thing, went with the old standard programmes and yo-yo diet and put on weight every time

This is the first time in my life I've made it this long and thought I can keep going

The first time I've been succesful

And I did it by cutting out this kind of crap

I think people just want you to let go of your quick-fix ideals and buying into fads because we recognise our previous selves

But you'll get there when you get there. Just don't forget to live and enjoy your life whist you're trying, cos that *kitten* don't stop and wait for you to be a certain size, it just keeps on rolling along

Hear hear!!!!!!!!
  • Maitria
    Maitria Posts: 439 Member
    What's the recipe for the pudding like? I don't want to follow the diet, but I am always trying to work more legumes in.