People On MyFitnessPal-Vent

Replies

• Paperchains38
    Paperchains38 Posts: 42 Member
    I have read many posts on here and there are a few rude, in considerate people that think it is amusing to be impolite, I like to think of them as 'mean girls' even though some are male. Most of the time I shake my head and ignore their posts, sometimes I read what they say to amuse me and sometimes I want to slap the repetition out of them. If you are happy doing what you're doing then carry if it doesn't work then do some research and change to something else. Trial and error is the name of the game and you will learn by your own mistakes.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Have you ever heard the expression, "Know your audience"? I think it applies here.

I wasn't on the forums for five minutes before I knew that detoxes and fad diets were not well-regarded here (and with good reason, IMO).

You obviously have yet to notice that, because you keep posting threads about detoxes and fads and then are shocked when people have a negative reaction to them.

You can create as many threads as you want about whatever you want. And people can react to those threads as they see fit.

This.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    tumblr_ml01uld5a21rnm1ldo1_500.gif

I saw the bat signal... Who has the popcorn?!

So pretty much you only want people to respond to you with positive things *you* want to hear...

seh6p.gif

• SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    I have read many posts on here and there are a few rude, in considerate people that think it is amusing to be impolite, I like to think of them as 'mean girls' even though some are male. Most of the time I shake my head and ignore their posts, sometimes I read what they say to amuse me and sometimes I want to slap the repetition out of them. If you are happy doing what you're doing then carry if it doesn't work then do some research and change to something else. Trial and error is the name of the game and you will learn by your own mistakes.

TIL I'm a "mean girl" ...

• Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    I don't necessarily want positive feedback. I want information that's going to help me reach my goals. If I'm doing something stupid, I want to be told.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    ana3067 wrote: »
    Come on, why are we having a mean people thread on Easter? ffs.

Well, since it's Easter......has anyone ever heard of the diet where you have a long-eared animal hide your food every night? If you don't find the food, obviously you're going to eat less, and even if you do find the food, you've probably burned a lot of calories looking for it! It seems like a win-win! Who's with me?

idk... can i get someone else to look for it all for me?
  • ana3067
    MrM27 wrote: »
    You are either 2 days late or 5 days early. You decide which one.

It's the long-weekend, so let's just say that it's a 4-day Friday.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Why do people keep trying to turn this into some kind of high school made-for-TV movie? Mean girls LOL

Fair warning: If you burst into song and a choreographed dance routine imma gonna slap you upside the head
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    I just wanted to point out the fact that most people come here for positive feed back. I like to seek information from other peoples personal experiences. People keep saying "shut up & do the work. No quick fixes." Okay, I'm obviously doing work already. Do you all think I just sit around and make threads , waiting of a quick fix? NO! I work my a** off everyday. Its not against fitness pals rules to ask questions. If I want to know what other people have tried. I WILL ASK. If I try it, its up to me. I don't need negative, annoying people giving feedback about how I'm annoying them. If you clearly seen the discussion title was something you don't like, you should've not read it. There are so many rude, arrogant, people on here,and its really sad and discouraging to people like me, who just have simple questions & get disrespected by people who don't even know what their talking about.

Are you expecting everyone to to just go "You're right, we'll be super nice from now on now that you've brought this up."? The entire internet is full of people who say stuff you don't like, accept it or switch it off. In fact, life is like that. By the way, you'll find many people on here do know what they're talking about through experience. It's disrespectful to dismiss them as not knowing what they're talking about just because you don't like their answers.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Add more nutbutter to your diet.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member

Well, since it's Easter......has anyone ever heard of the diet where you have a long-eared animal hide your food every night? If you don't find the food, obviously you're going to eat less, and even if you do find the food, you've probably burned a lot of calories looking for it! It seems like a win-win! Who's with me?

Sigh. I don't understand why people want to mess around with a diet that is clearly based in scientific fact.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    I don't necessarily want positive feedback. I want information that's going to help me reach my goals. If I'm doing something stupid, I want to be told.

This too
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member

TIL I'm a "mean girl" ...

:(
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Why do people keep trying to turn this into some kind of high school made-for-TV movie? Mean girls LOL

Fair warning: If you burst into song and a choreographed dance routine imma gonna slap you upside the head

***Cues the music. Starts wiggling booty.*** Oh, no :|

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Man the diet industry must love the OP. Like, love. Quick, write a diet book, and offer a deal if you buy it for all your friends. Betcha get rich off of one customer alone...
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    You've started a thread about Lemonade Detoxes ( a redundant thread since those get started at least weekly) and were told they are a waste of time and bad idea. You started another detox thread (redundant in so many ways) and were again told it was a bad idea and waste. Your latest diet thread is about yet another fad, unsustainable plan.

In all three of those you were told how to lose weight in a sustainable, healthy way. You choose to ignore that advice and go chase another fad time and time again.

Now you have this mean people thread because you ask about things, get told a truth that you don't want to hear, then complain that people didn't "support" your unhealthy idea.
  • ana3067
    You are either 2 days late or 5 days early. You decide which one.

It's the long-weekend, so let's just say that it's a 4-day Friday.

You're a little to optimistic for me. Beat it.

tumblr_lx1vm3PPdC1qh01r8o1_400.gif
  • canoepug56
    canoepug56 Posts: 161 Member
    There does seem to be a core of very rude people on this forum.Even if people are sick and fed up with answering questions that they consider a waste of time there is no need to be so rude.
  • ana3067

Sigh. I don't understand why people want to mess around with a diet that is clearly based in scientific fact.

Yea but i bet the science is based on rats, so doesn't apply to me.
This discussion has been closed.