Cleanses

I really feel like I need a cleanse after this weekend. I'm thinking just 3-5 days of water and some fruit but wondering if there are any other good cleanses you would suggest and what your experience with cleanses are.

Replies

• jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Cleanses are not recommended. And in general are not supported here. I tried themaster cleanse. Fun. Suppose some cleanses might be faster than a laxative if u enjoy those
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Cleanses are completely and totally unnecessary. Your body will "cleanse" itself.

If you want water and fruit, have water and fruit. But there is no valid health and wellness reason to deprive yourself of other nutrients or sufficient calories while you eat water and fruit.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    I don't get these cleanses, what exactly are you cleansing?
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    giphy.gif
  • This content has been removed.
  • efwolfcub
    efwolfcub Posts: 99 Member
    Try yoga or meditation. Cheaper than a "cleanse"
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited April 2015
    Why is it usually always the youngins that come up with these cleansing threads.....?? :huh: ;)

OP maybe do a search on cleanses on the forums, these types of threads usually don't end well. Probably because cleanses are just woo woo *****.
  • jddnw
    jddnw Posts: 319 Member
    I really feel like I need a cleanse after this weekend. I'm thinking just 3-5 days of water and some fruit but wondering if there are any other good cleanses you would suggest and what your experience with cleanses are.

Yes. Do a colonoscopy bowel prep such as the one described here: http://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/preparing-for-a-colonoscopy
    It will totally clean you out. I speak from experience.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    No just no
  • Christine_72
    jddnw wrote: »

Yes. Do a colonoscopy bowel prep such as the one described here: http://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/preparing-for-a-colonoscopy

I can vouch for the colonoscopy "cleanse". It was an horrific experience, one that I will avoid at all costs in the future :grumble:

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member

I can vouch for the colonoscopy "cleanse". It was an horrific experience, one that I will avoid at all costs in the future :grumble:

Don't avoid colonoscopies.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    36-yeah-no-text.gif
  • Christine_72
    randomtai wrote: »

Don't avoid colonoscopies.

That's the thing, I've never even had a colonoscopy. My doctor gave me a script for that powder stuff because I was slightly blocked up.
    She didn't warn me on what I was in store for....

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    edited April 2015

MoviPrep is the reproductive juices from the devil. The pre-op Miralax solution was far less offensive, but I can't look at Gatorade yet without gagging. O_o I'm not looking forward to being up on my 5 years already and having to do a second prep this year (we put off my colonoscopy since we couldn't time it right to do the scope the day before my operation). :grumble:
  • MargaretSobers
    MargaretSobers Posts: 167 Member
    Have you used it?
  • MargaretSobers
    herrspoons wrote: »
    Have you used it?

Nope. And, let's face it, judging by the fact that it's being recommended by an obvious spam account like yours, that isn't going to change.

How can you say anyone spammers? Only because of that you are a old member? Everyone has a right to share their opinion.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,143 Member
    Have you used it?

Nope. And, let's face it, judging by the fact that it's being recommended by an obvious spam account like yours, that isn't going to change.

How can you say anyone spammers? Only because of that you are a old member? Everyone has a right to share their opinion.

...except when the opinion is a barely concealed sales pitch made by a woman with a stock photo of a "professional' as her profile.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    yes, after a long weekend of binge drinking and eating, i often feel like i need a cleanse as well. but i just eat healthier, eat a little less, and drink tons of water. by tuesday i feel great again.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,143 Member
    yes, after a long weekend of binge drinking and eating, i often feel like i need a cleanse as well. but i just eat healthier, eat a little less, and drink tons of water. by tuesday i feel great again.

Usually after a weekend of binge drinking and eating, my body provides its own 'cleanse'... not pretty.
  • MargaretSobers
    Have you used it?

...except when the opinion is a barely concealed sales pitch made by a woman with a stock photo of a "professional' as her profile.

Not to mention the badly translated English.

o:)
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    This content has been removed.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Have you used it?

Assuming that "opinion" doesn't violate the Community Guidelines. Yours does.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    OP, I highly recommend the Peep Cleanse. You can get everything you need super cheap this time of year...
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    OP, I highly recommend the Peep Cleanse. You can get everything you need super cheap this time of year...

lol. super cheep
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    k3qom3ynqxwu.png