What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    wick3tgirl wrote: »
    I keep logging and staying accountable for the red numbers despite how bad the last few days have been. I'm ready to get right back to the defici, when I get home in a couple of days and things level out. I have also been reaffirming myself that a few bad days do not delete 3 months of hard work (I'm looking a you, scale, you better not be too high).
    life and *kitten* happens all the time, you just gotta keep on keepin' on.

I agree: Easter brought a chocolate binge and I am also back on alcohol. Scale went up to 1.5 kg above my goal weight, which I reached last week. My NSV is that I am confident that I can get this off again and be back at my goal weight in a week or two, once I am back in my daily routine. I guess I am just switching my setting back to "losing weight" mode instad of "maintaining" mode. :)

• Angel_Grove_
    Angel_Grove_ Posts: 205 Member
    1.75 miles in a row at well under 12 min/mile! Working up to 5k.
  • AmberLeeMichigan
    AmberLeeMichigan Posts: 38 Member
    Being faithful to MFP for the last week and I'm on day 9 of the no junk food challenge. I feel good! I resisted overeating at Easter dinner and when we went out to eat over the weekend.
  • AshuhleeMarie
    AshuhleeMarie Posts: 86 Member
    This is only day 4 for me, but I am just so inspired after spending time on the success boards. I am even more motivated by all of you to finally stick to healthy eating and finally, eventually reaching my goal to be healthy and happy with myself.

That being said, my first ever NSV is that today, after coming home from a long day of work and making the kids dinner, I put on my shoes and went outside. I officially completed week 1 day 1 of C25K, which may not be much, but I am proud of myself for committing to it, and following through. I hope someday soon I'll be posting that I completed it!
  • jetortola
    jetortola Posts: 198 Member
    Very small NSV --- first day in 3 weeks logging I've eaten within my calorie goals and come close to my macros! I've planned out tomorrow and will do the same again. I can do this!!
  • infomancer
    infomancer Posts: 16 Member
    I wore my class ring from my Master's programme today ... it's the first time it fit me this decade!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Ooh! I have one. I bought a cute little skirt from American Apparel...with PLEATS. I crap you not. Pleats. I have never been able to wear them in my life, because they spread out and looked horrible. Oh happy day. It's so cute.
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    I walked into the break room today and there was chocolate candy on every table and a luscious looking birthday cake. After a not so great March (3 birthday parties) and Easter I had decided to get back to the serious and stay in my calorie limits. I hadn't planned for those treats and was able to leave them alone. I am stronger than food! o:)
  • natalie3505
    natalie3505 Posts: 169 Member
    What is NSV?
  • Shokei
    Shokei Posts: 71 Member
    My wedding band falls off my finger also.
  • toriraeh
    toriraeh Posts: 105 Member
    I'm still pretty new here and my NSV is really small but... I've been trying to get better at running for about six months now. Yesterday, I did just shy of two miles in 24:14. The first time I did that route, just a few weeks ago, my time was over 29 minutes! I took five minutes off and I didn't even feel like I was gonna die!
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    I bought single digit size jeans for the first time in probably 30 years...and they are a little loose. :smiley:
  • ErikaSwenson
    ErikaSwenson Posts: 160 Member
    Back in my size four jeans- not completely comfortably yet but it sure felt good! I love celebrating the little wins!
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    @natalie3505 an NSV is a non scale victory.
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    @cblue315 way to go! Dropping from a 22/24 to a 12/14.
  • natalie3505
    natalie3505 Posts: 169 Member
    2ledbetter wrote: »
    @natalie3505 an NSV is a non scale victory.

Thank u!!

• jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    What is NSV?
    Non-scale victory. :) Something that makes you feel positive about this journey, but that isn't measured on the scale.

• jenmovies
    Mine was from Saturday but for the first time in my life, I worked out at a hotel gym. I needed to get a workout in because I was living off high-cal breakfast food, so I had a workout before dinner. I was so proud of myself, and it wasn't even that inconvenient. I didn't have workout clothes, so used what I had. Spa after for a reward, then hand-made gnocchi for dinner! :)
  • jenmovies
    amcook4 wrote: »
    I cycled 21 miles yesterday. A year ago I was 325 pounds and could hardly walk more than 20 minutes at a time.
    THIS IS INCREDIBLE! Well done!

• Camarose79
    Camarose79 Posts: 86 Member
    tashat1976 wrote: »
    NSV = Non Scale Victory

I'm still new and was also wondering what this is, thanks! I actually do not own a scale, as for years now I thought the numbers were too depressing and that I would know by how my clothes fit. Well last week I started wearing the jeans that I got at Christmas! So that is my recent victory!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!