What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• toriraeh
    toriraeh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm still pretty new here and my NSV is really small but... I've been trying to get better at running for about six months now. Yesterday, I did just shy of two miles in 24:14. The first time I did that route, just a few weeks ago, my time was over 29 minutes! I took five minutes off and I didn't even feel like I was gonna die!
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I bought single digit size jeans for the first time in probably 30 years...and they are a little loose. :smiley:
  • ErikaSwenson
    ErikaSwenson Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Back in my size four jeans- not completely comfortably yet but it sure felt good! I love celebrating the little wins!
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    @natalie3505 an NSV is a non scale victory.
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    @cblue315 way to go! Dropping from a 22/24 to a 12/14.
  • natalie3505
    natalie3505 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    2ledbetter wrote: »
    @natalie3505 an NSV is a non scale victory.

Thank u!!

• jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    What is NSV?
    Non-scale victory. :) Something that makes you feel positive about this journey, but that isn't measured on the scale.

• jenmovies
    Options
    Mine was from Saturday but for the first time in my life, I worked out at a hotel gym. I needed to get a workout in because I was living off high-cal breakfast food, so I had a workout before dinner. I was so proud of myself, and it wasn't even that inconvenient. I didn't have workout clothes, so used what I had. Spa after for a reward, then hand-made gnocchi for dinner! :)
  • jenmovies
    Options
    amcook4 wrote: »
    I cycled 21 miles yesterday. A year ago I was 325 pounds and could hardly walk more than 20 minutes at a time.
    THIS IS INCREDIBLE! Well done!

• Camarose79
    Camarose79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    tashat1976 wrote: »
    NSV = Non Scale Victory

I'm still new and was also wondering what this is, thanks! I actually do not own a scale, as for years now I thought the numbers were too depressing and that I would know by how my clothes fit. Well last week I started wearing the jeans that I got at Christmas! So that is my recent victory!
  • BlxxdtheFrxxk
    BlxxdtheFrxxk Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Mine happened at 2:30 this morning! One of my regulars asked if I was trying to lose weight. This is the first time someone I hadn't told about trying to lose, mentioned the loss. :smiley:
  • SexyGamerGal
    SexyGamerGal Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Put on a shirt that use to be super tight. I use to have to literally suck in my stomach and squeeze to get it on. Only now to realized that it is loose in the stomach area and not hard to squeeze in at all.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I discovered this morning I have kneecaps again
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    A person I hadn't seen since January noticed the loss in my face. First time that's ever happened to me. :blush:
  • aquamarina_182
    aquamarina_182 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    putting on a pencil skirt to wear to work yesterday that was too tight in December :D
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Tried on size 34 jeans that I bought three weeks ago and they are now too loose in the waist to the point where wearing a belt makes them bunch up and too tight in the thighs. Gotta love leg days!
  • Bumblebee3441
    Bumblebee3441 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    My stomach is smaller so it makes little things easier to do. This has happened in the last couple of weeks of only watching what, when and how much I eat. Wow small steps do bring big changes!
  • Kate5283kate
    Kate5283kate Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I squatted and deadlifted the big girl plates today woo hoo!!
  • SeriouslySta
    SeriouslySta Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Took the dog over and met my guy at his office, yesterday, for a lunchtime hike. At a couple of places, we had to climb up and down some ravines, and take a long, steep climb. Not gonna lie: I huffed and puffed; BUT I not try to hide it - I did not think, "Oh, Lord, I am soooo fat..." - Instead, I thought, "Whoa, this is a great workout!" (And hubby didn't notice: He was too busy huffing and puffing, himself.)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!