Running out of time-what do you think

12357

Replies

  • pinkteapot3
    pinkteapot3 Posts: 157 Member
    You've met someone through online dating, lied about your weight, and you're meeting them face-to-face in two months?
  • ReeseG4350
    ReeseG4350 Posts: 146 Member
    edited April 2015
    Despite the fact that so, so many others have already underscored the fact, NO! Your weight loss goals are not really realistic.
    NOW, let me say that, if you weighed over 300 pounds and immediately went to a 1,600 calorie dietary intake with a 500 - 800 calorie burn off daily (not recommended btw)... Yes. You could probably lose 45 pounds in ten weeks. That being said, you have already stated you weigh substantially less than that, therefore, such a drastic program of weight loss is not really an attainable goal.
    At your start weight of 245, 2# per week might be a realistically achievable short-term target. To lose more than that can actually kill you! YES! You start screwing with your body's chemical balance and you can cause heart arrhythmias, renal problems, and all sorts of other issues you don't want to think about. So, whatever the reason to want to shed the pounds, just ask yourself one thing. Is it really worth your health - Your life to try to impress someone else?

    I like uvi5's advice.
    "Stand strong in who you are."
    Learn to love yourself, really love yourself, then you will be able to enter a room with your head held high and heads will turn solely because you exude a confidence that commands attention. And if your aim is to look hot in a bikini during a once in a lifetime vacation? Screw that! Just throw a shawl around your hips and strut that beach like you own it... because, while you are there, you do!
    Life is too important to give over to something as superficial as outward appearance. If you want to lose weight, that's wonderful. But do it for the right reasons. (NOTE: The hot bikini look is just a bonus to having a healthy, strong body.)
  • tratincica5000
    tratincica5000 Posts: 16 Member
    misskarne wrote: »
    S
    misskarne wrote: »
    Arghhhh, sorry, i was writting on my iphone, dont know why but it doesnt show the whole massige i wrote, just first sentence.
    Well, all i can say its the matter of honor and pride...and just a little bit of love.
    My journey starts today, i will try and hope for the best, but will see what happens, will let you know.
    Any support is wellcome.

    So a wedding anniversary then. One you undoubtedly knew was coming.

    sorry, but big no.

    You do realise that the more you try to hide it, the more the people in this thread will be curious as to why you've set such an impossibly ridiculous deadline...

    I think that's the intention!

    Can we, please, just forget the reason of deadline? It isnt a guessing game but some of your answers did make me smile.
  • tratincica5000
    tratincica5000 Posts: 16 Member
    ArkMom35 wrote: »
    I started at 242 on January 1st and am now down 42.4 lbs, so yes, it is possible to lose close to 35 lbs in that time. I did not starve myself, I have eaten over 1500 calories every day, sometimes closer to 2000, and I exercise an hour or more a day. I don't think I've done it unhealthily, I've just stuck with it and worked my butt off. I think that my being obese lead to more of a 3lb/week weight loss, it's not like I tried to lose more, it just happened, I ate plenty of chocolate along the way. I just wanted to give you hope that maybe you can do it too, and the best thing you can do is give it a try, eat less, move more, and see what happens. You will lose weight, it may not be as much as you hope for, but it'll be better than nothing.

    Thank you, you are an inspiration and you gave me some kind of hope.
  • ReeseG4350
    ReeseG4350 Posts: 146 Member
    besaro wrote: »
    its never too late to start eating healthy and exercising regularly. start today and in 2-3 months celebrate your progress, whatever the number!!

    Can I get an AMEN to that? !!!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    misskarne wrote: »
    S
    misskarne wrote: »
    Arghhhh, sorry, i was writting on my iphone, dont know why but it doesnt show the whole massige i wrote, just first sentence.
    Well, all i can say its the matter of honor and pride...and just a little bit of love.
    My journey starts today, i will try and hope for the best, but will see what happens, will let you know.
    Any support is wellcome.

    So a wedding anniversary then. One you undoubtedly knew was coming.

    sorry, but big no.

    You do realise that the more you try to hide it, the more the people in this thread will be curious as to why you've set such an impossibly ridiculous deadline...

    I think that's the intention!

    Can we, please, just forget the reason of deadline? It isnt a guessing game but some of your answers did make me smile.

    It should be obvious right now that your weight loss goals are , to put it bluntly, downright idiotic and no one on here will suggest you try it. No one else with any sense will continue to suggest you should try to lose that weight that quickly.

    So all that's left is the reason why.

    If you don't want to answer that, then I suggest you get the moderators to delete this thread.


    Either that, or we could start using this thread for gifs. That's good too.

    246.gif
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,945 Member
    misskarne wrote: »
    S
    misskarne wrote: »
    Arghhhh, sorry, i was writting on my iphone, dont know why but it doesnt show the whole massige i wrote, just first sentence.
    Well, all i can say its the matter of honor and pride...and just a little bit of love.
    My journey starts today, i will try and hope for the best, but will see what happens, will let you know.
    Any support is wellcome.

    So a wedding anniversary then. One you undoubtedly knew was coming.

    sorry, but big no.

    You do realise that the more you try to hide it, the more the people in this thread will be curious as to why you've set such an impossibly ridiculous deadline...

    I think that's the intention!

    Can we, please, just forget the reason of deadline? It isnt a guessing game but some of your answers did make me smile.

    It should be obvious right now that your weight loss goals are , to put it bluntly, downright idiotic and no one on here will suggest you try it. No one else with any sense will continue to suggest you should try to lose that weight that quickly.

    So all that's left is the reason why.

    If you don't want to answer that, then I suggest you get the moderators to delete this thread.


    Either that, or we could start using this thread for gifs. That's good too.

    246.gif

    Too late, some already have. Sigh.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    ArkMom35 wrote: »
    I started at 242 on January 1st and am now down 42.4 lbs, so yes, it is possible to lose close to 35 lbs in that time. I did not starve myself, I have eaten over 1500 calories every day, sometimes closer to 2000, and I exercise an hour or more a day. I don't think I've done it unhealthily, I've just stuck with it and worked my butt off. I think that my being obese lead to more of a 3lb/week weight loss, it's not like I tried to lose more, it just happened, I ate plenty of chocolate along the way. I just wanted to give you hope that maybe you can do it too, and the best thing you can do is give it a try, eat less, move more, and see what happens. You will lose weight, it may not be as much as you hope for, but it'll be better than nothing.

    Thank you, you are an inspiration and you gave me some kind of hope.

    That post has been reported and will likely be removed for promoting unhealthy weight loss tactics.
  • tratincica5000
    tratincica5000 Posts: 16 Member
    ReeseG4350 wrote: »
    Despite the fact that so, so many others have already underscored the fact, NO! Your weight loss goals are not really realistic.
    NOW, let me say that, if you weighed over 300 pounds and immediately went to a 1,600 calorie dietary intake with a 500 - 800 calorie burn off daily (not recommended btw)... Yes. You could probably lose 45 pounds in ten weeks. That being said, you have already stated you weigh substantially less than that, therefore, such a drastic program of weight loss is not really an attainable goal.
    At your start weight of 245, 2# per week might be a realistically achievable short-term target. To lose more than that can actually kill you! YES! You start screwing with your body's chemical balance and you can cause heart arrhythmias, renal problems, and all sorts of other issues you don't want to think about. So, whatever the reason to want to shed the pounds, just ask yourself one thing. Is it really worth your health - Your life to try to impress someone else?

    I like uvi5's advice.
    "Stand strong in who you are."
    Learn to love yourself, really love yourself, then you will be able to enter a room with your head held high and heads will turn solely because you exude a confidence that commands attention. And if your aim is to look hot in a bikini during a once in a lifetime vacation? Screw that! Just throw a shawl around your hips and strut that beach like you own it... because, while you are there, you do!
    Life is too important to give over to something as superficial as outward appearance. If you want to lose weight, that's wonderful. But do it for the right reasons. (NOTE: The hot bikini look is just a bonus to having a healthy, strong body.)

    Very nice said....and in normal circumstances i would agree with everything
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    ReeseG4350 wrote: »
    Despite the fact that so, so many others have already underscored the fact, NO! Your weight loss goals are not really realistic.
    NOW, let me say that, if you weighed over 300 pounds and immediately went to a 1,600 calorie dietary intake with a 500 - 800 calorie burn off daily (not recommended btw)... Yes. You could probably lose 45 pounds in ten weeks. That being said, you have already stated you weigh substantially less than that, therefore, such a drastic program of weight loss is not really an attainable goal.
    At your start weight of 245, 2# per week might be a realistically achievable short-term target. To lose more than that can actually kill you! YES! You start screwing with your body's chemical balance and you can cause heart arrhythmias, renal problems, and all sorts of other issues you don't want to think about. So, whatever the reason to want to shed the pounds, just ask yourself one thing. Is it really worth your health - Your life to try to impress someone else?

    I like uvi5's advice.
    "Stand strong in who you are."
    Learn to love yourself, really love yourself, then you will be able to enter a room with your head held high and heads will turn solely because you exude a confidence that commands attention. And if your aim is to look hot in a bikini during a once in a lifetime vacation? Screw that! Just throw a shawl around your hips and strut that beach like you own it... because, while you are there, you do!
    Life is too important to give over to something as superficial as outward appearance. If you want to lose weight, that's wonderful. But do it for the right reasons. (NOTE: The hot bikini look is just a bonus to having a healthy, strong body.)

    Very nice said....and in normal circumstances i would agree with everything

    I suppose these are not normal circumstances, and therefore death and illness are acceptable ways to lose weight.

    Well, I suppose when you're dead you will drop the weight very quickly.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Since OP has failed to give any reason at all, I'll just be blunt.

    Your "deadline" is stupid. Just set a goal to lose some weight and get more healthy. Deadlines are for chumps and yo-yo dieters. Healthy living has only one finish line, and it's in the dirt. You should be living now in a way you can sustain for the rest of your life.

    Playing coy is annoying. Since you've decided to declare that you have a hard deadline but refuse to explain further? We owe no respect to that deadline. It's dumb. Forget it.

  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    ArkMom35 wrote: »
    I started at 242 on January 1st and am now down 42.4 lbs, so yes, it is possible to lose close to 35 lbs in that time. I did not starve myself, I have eaten over 1500 calories every day, sometimes closer to 2000, and I exercise an hour or more a day. I don't think I've done it unhealthily, I've just stuck with it and worked my butt off. I think that my being obese lead to more of a 3lb/week weight loss, it's not like I tried to lose more, it just happened, I ate plenty of chocolate along the way. I just wanted to give you hope that maybe you can do it too, and the best thing you can do is give it a try, eat less, move more, and see what happens. You will lose weight, it may not be as much as you hope for, but it'll be better than nothing.

    Thank you, you are an inspiration and you gave me some kind of hope.

    That post has been reported and will likely be removed for promoting unhealthy weight loss tactics.

    Seriously?! What unhealthy weight loss tactics did I promote? I didn't suggest she eat under 1200 calories, or exercise those 1200 calories off. I didn't suggest any pills, starvation, or fads. I merely said that I lost weight faster than I anticipated while eating a ton and moving lots. I suggested that she should just try to eat less, move more, and see what happens. *shrugs*
  • samistarz
    samistarz Posts: 23 Member
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    samistarz wrote: »
    I was 178 in January and I have lost about 30lbs in 95 days... This involves eating low calorie (1200 and less) and exercising twice a day, every day and trying not to eat calories back. It's very hard work and I have the odd snacking/junk food days.
    You can look at my diary and progress and add me if you want.
    just be healthy and know your and your body's limits!

    What you're advocating is against the Community Guidelines, and not healthy.

    Diet and exercise...? And to be healthy and know you're limits? and then giving my experience of my sustained weight loss and lifestyle change. Ooook then.
  • I guess we'll never know.
    But I really really really do think that you wouldn't post some sort of mysterious Vaguebook-type thing on a weight loss community board if you didn't want people to be asking for more information, like - "WTF happens in 2 months and whateverssss daysss???"
    Is someone going to weigh you and give you one million dollars if you hit the specific number you want to see?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,465 Member
    It is said that Eppie Lederer, writer of the Ann Landers advice column, wore her wedding dress again at her 25th wedding anniversary. Not a small feat, and not achievable for everyone.

    OP, I believe the weight loss you desire is within reach, just give up the deadline. Deadlines are deadly to dieters.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,169 Member
    Arghhhh, sorry, i was writting on my iphone, dont know why but it doesnt show the whole massige i wrote, just first sentence.
    Well, all i can say its the matter of honor and pride...and just a little bit of love.
    My journey starts today, i will try and hope for the best, but will see what happens, will let you know.
    Any support is wellcome.

    WAIT...you have this totally unreasonable thing that you are trying to do in a very short time frame...and you DIDN'T EVEN START YET?

  • jcondeee
    jcondeee Posts: 72 Member
    jcondeee wrote: »
    Seriously look into ideal protein.

    lol how am I spamming? Wtf I'm on ideal protein as a diet and a lot of people who are heavier lose a lot of weight on it fast compared to lose who have less to lost. How the bleeeeeep am I spam. Jesus Christ
  • jcondeee
    jcondeee Posts: 72 Member
    ArkMom35 wrote: »
    ArkMom35 wrote: »
    I started at 242 on January 1st and am now down 42.4 lbs, so yes, it is possible to lose close to 35 lbs in that time. I did not starve myself, I have eaten over 1500 calories every day, sometimes closer to 2000, and I exercise an hour or more a day. I don't think I've done it unhealthily, I've just stuck with it and worked my butt off. I think that my being obese lead to more of a 3lb/week weight loss, it's not like I tried to lose more, it just happened, I ate plenty of chocolate along the way. I just wanted to give you hope that maybe you can do it too, and the best thing you can do is give it a try, eat less, move more, and see what happens. You will lose weight, it may not be as much as you hope for, but it'll be better than nothing.

    Thank you, you are an inspiration and you gave me some kind of hope.

    That post has been reported and will likely be removed for promoting unhealthy weight loss tactics.

    Seriously?! What unhealthy weight loss tactics did I promote? I didn't suggest she eat under 1200 calories, or exercise those 1200 calories off. I didn't suggest any pills, starvation, or fads. I merely said that I lost weight faster than I anticipated while eating a ton and moving lots. I suggested that she should just try to eat less, move more, and see what happens. *shrugs*

    People are ridiculous I was flagged for spamming because I suggest a diet I'm on that is working well. smd bunch of trolls
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    samistarz wrote: »
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    samistarz wrote: »
    I was 178 in January and I have lost about 30lbs in 95 days... This involves eating low calorie (1200 and less) and exercising twice a day, every day and trying not to eat calories back. It's very hard work and I have the odd snacking/junk food days.
    You can look at my diary and progress and add me if you want.
    just be healthy and know your and your body's limits!

    What you're advocating is against the Community Guidelines, and not healthy.

    Diet and exercise...? And to be healthy and know you're limits? and then giving my experience of my sustained weight loss and lifestyle change. Ooook then.

    Netting under 1200 calories is really not recommended, other than for ladies that are very short (think 5 feet and under). Even then, we still need to make sure we've gotten adequate nutrition overall.

    My calorie allowance is around 1280 before exercise. I make sure I get in exercise and I don't always eat all the calories back, but do try to net around 1200, minimum.

    ~Lyssa
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Vaguebooking. Not just for facebook anymore.