Registered Dietitian offering free help

Options
2»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    what is the primary reason for the obesity epidemic?
  • cristinacapron
    Options
    I am a 20 year old female, 5'4", 125 lbs. I am an aspiring personal trainer and I have trained many of my friends with some amazing results. When it comes to me, I am pretty toned all over but I'm having a hard time getting really defined abs. I eat a healthy and all organic diet. I am not sure if I need to up my protein intake or decrease my carbs, even though I never eat refined carbs. I only eat Ezekiel's bread and not very often. Maybe cut down on potatoes? I've never really counted calories or macros so that's all pretty new to me.

I would love any advice you can give me!!
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    willnorton wrote: »
    glevinso wrote: »
    What is the airspeed of an unladen swallow?

Asking the important questions.

thank goodness you are here to keep us straight...whew

TAd5e.gif
  • ndj1979
    Options
    OP - what is the best method for adding muscle while in a daily deficit of 500 calories...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I am a 20 year old female, 5'4", 125 lbs. I am an aspiring personal trainer and I have trained many of my friends with some amazing results. When it comes to me, I am pretty toned all over but I'm having a hard time getting really defined abs. I eat a healthy and all organic diet. I am not sure if I need to up my protein intake or decrease my carbs, even though I never eat refined carbs. I only eat Ezekiel's bread and not very often. Maybe cut down on potatoes? I've never really counted calories or macros so that's all pretty new to me.

I would love any advice you can give me!!

organic and carb consumption has nothing to do with abs...

if you want abs then you need to cut down to a body fat% that allows them to show. Also, genetics is going to play some part into how much they actually show.

I would recommending a heavy lifting program and continue to eat in a deficit..

OR

transition to a bulk and add some muscle...

OR

do a recomp

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    What would the correct ignition timing be on a 1955 Bel Air Chevrolet, with a 327 cubic-inch engine and a four-barrel carburetor?

Your car is at least nine years too early for that to be a legit question.
  • Amy95670
    Amy95670 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Help! I am a 33yo female, currently stuck at 235, started at 259. I am possibly plateaued, two weeks without loss. I think I am not eating enough, but I am just not hungry - there's only so much meat & fat I can eat. I am doing low carb due to a glucose intolerance issue. Can you offer any insight into why I'm stuck? My diary should be unlocked - thanks!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Why do donuts have so many calories?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    What would the correct ignition timing be on a 1955 Bel Air Chevrolet, with a 327 cubic-inch engine and a four-barrel carburetor?

Your car is at least nine years too early for that to be a legit question.

I like where your mind is at on this one. Nicely done.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Amy95670 wrote: »
    Help! I am a 33yo female, currently stuck at 235, started at 259. I am possibly plateaued, two weeks without loss. I think I am not eating enough, but I am just not hungry - there's only so much meat & fat I can eat. I am doing low carb due to a glucose intolerance issue. Can you offer any insight into why I'm stuck? My diary should be unlocked - thanks!

Glucose intolerance?
  • funsizeme2
    funsizeme2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm 4'11" and weigh 132lbs. I've started keto and my macros are 1100 calories 15g carbs, 70g protein, and 80g fat for sedentary lifestyle. I'm not seeing progress on the scale. Any suggestions? Also, would starting a 5x5 workout routine help tone my body overall?
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    So you offer free help - but never actually gave any.

Seems legit.